Any opinions on NuvaRing?

Rubyisthe1001

I'm wondering if are there women who use or used Nuva Ring, or maybe you heard a real feedback of someone who used it. I rarely believe in commercial advertisement since all they want is just to sell their products. But I need real feedback because I'm thinking using it. But before I start using this Nuva Ring I want to know everything about it, side effects or maybe cases of its failure in birth control. Please share all your experience here.

tameeka

Hi Rubyisthe1001, I personally don't use it, but one of my friend does, so I will just share what I've heard - not from my own experience.

She said that after about a year of using it she got pregnant and logically, she doesn't recommend it. She even warned me about it when it happened, but don't forget that all people are different, so it can work for you. Maybe she did something wrong, of course she says that is not her fault but you never know so you just need to be careful. Also, other people feedback that they feel it during sex and it's kind of uncomfortable, but once again, all people are different so you never know; for example my friend never had this problem. There are many women as well who recommend it (when my friend started using it we've done a reasearch on it). You might have problems with it and you might not, so I personally would use traditional condoms so just to be sure (even condoms is not 100% - about 98%-99%) so be careful if you are young and really don't want a pregnancy now.

Good luck and take care of you! Enjoy your sexual life!

Chelsea H

Hey, I have a friend that used the Nuva Ring and she doesn't recommend it too. She already had a daughter and she was using this birth control when she found out that she is pregnant for about 3 or 4 months. The pregnancy tests usually come back negative 90% of the time so you wouldn't know whether you are pregnant a long period of time, as my friend did. Also be careful with it, I don't want to scare you but there are some women who had their children born with disabilities because of the ring. I personally want a baby and I'm not an expert in this field, but I want just to warn you to be careful! Good luck

SheenaBBB

Hey everyone! My name is Sheena I am 25yrs old I live in LA and I used before Nuva Ring until I got pregnant while using it and gave birth to my son who was born with disabilities! You cannot imagine how much I regret that I ever used this birth control. Because of my history of no periods I didn’t know that I was pregnant while I was on it. Anyway I felt that something is wrong so I have done some pregnancy test at home and some at local clinic but all they had a negative result. I was on it for almost six months and I got pregnant and I didn’t know it. I was never told that nuva ring can cause something like this and I was searching for this now until I saw your post. Now I see that your friend was right about this and it definitely can cause your baby to born with disabilities. Now that we’re more women who says this it means that there’s a lot more of other woman with this problem. I was searching further and I found out that many women are paid just to keep this in secret when a similar situation occurs. For me this brand is the worst form of birth control and I warn you do NOT use it! Every ad you see it is just for money and it won’t protect you as it didn’t protected me! If you think about your future children avoid this brand!

Madison30

Hi girls, I used this nuva ring and for me it seems pretty good but there was a couple things I didn’t really liked. I didn’t used the ring for a long time because I’ve got married and I didn’t needed it anymore because I already wanted to get pregnant. Before i ever used the ring I was using the pill. I used the pill for a couple of years, I guess around 3 or 4 years. But I was frequently forgetting to take the pill so I’ve switched to the patch. It was ok initially so I’ve used it for about a little less than two years but then I’ve been to my doc complaining about chronic migraines and he said that this is due to the patch so I’ve stopped it. A couple of weeks I’ve used only condoms so then I was switched to this ring. As I said, it was fine. While I was having it I didn’t get pregnant or anything else. No side effects or something. Everything was ok but the things I didn’t really liked is that it was very weird putting it back in when it was supposed to be when I was on my period… I don’t like the fact that you should put it in around the same time the same day and take it out in the same way… I guess this ring doesn’t work the same for all of us but even though it worked for me I didn’t really liked it.

pecita

I have a friend who has used Nova Ring and she was always confident that she won’t get pregnant. She never wanted to use condoms because she told me that she has allergies from them. in fact, she was not having any allergies but simply did not wanted to use them because she did not liked them. so well, she used Nova Ring and she had sex with her boyfriend for a year without getting pregnant but then she started to feel strange, she had all the pregnancy symptoms but she still thought that everything’s going to be alright and that she is NOT pregnant, however when she saw that she feels worse and worse and 2 months have passed she went to her doctor who said that she’s pregnant. The doc said that she’s not the first one to come saying that Nova Ring did not prevented pregnancy. Better use condoms if you want to avoid getting pregnant.