Can diarrhea be a pregnancy symptom?

Quily

Hi all. I am a little scared that’s why I hope that someone will answer my question and maybe I will get better. I am 17 years old and because of a stupidity I’ve had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 12 days ago. So this morning I had diarrhea. I am not an expert in this field so I would like to know if diarrhea is a pregnancy symptom. I think it sounds strange: diarrhea being a pregnancy symptom but better safe than sorry, that’s why I took my chance to write here. I’ve already took a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but I am concerned that’s because it’s too early. Can someone give me any ideas what this could be?

Bedeencion1980

Well, it could be so, it can be your bodies morning sickness. Any time you have unprotected sex the chances of being pregnant are high so everything is possible. It's good you already made a test but you may wait another couple of days and make a pregnancy test again. Get an appointment with your doctor and let him know all your symptoms and everything you've got. I'm sure he will make some test and you will have to wait until he will give you an answer based on the tests results. You can also get other symptoms now such as vomiting, unusual discharges and others. Anyway you have to calm down and not to worry about it. Even if you're pregnant it's not the end of the world. It happens. Discuss it with your parents, with your boyfriend and whoever judges you just ignore them. I've seen girls who were pregnant at your age, now they are older and they are doing pretty well and they never regret having a child. If you're not and you don't want to be, as you said, better safe than sorry and use condoms next time. Either way good luck sweet heart. 

ForYou

Hi people, can someone help me? I didn't know diarrhea is a sign of being pregnant until recently and now I am really worried about it. I am a teenager and I think I might be pregnant: I am having unexplained diarrhea for 3 days now and I have to run constantly at the toilet. I can't leave my house since I am really afraid it could happen while I am out and far away from a toilet. I am feeling somehow sick, not as usual and I also have pains near my ribs. Clearly something is wrong with me because beside all this I have a bellyache for the last 2 days that is making me not to want to eat. Everything I am trying to eat is making me feeling sick and truly bad, how can I fix this up? I didn't do a home pregnancy test yet but I will do it these days.

Thank you Bedeencion for your support, I found some useful recommendations that I am going to follow.

Quily, if you are pregnant follow the Bedeencion's advice and don't let anyone judge you, I would personally do the same if I find I am pregnant. I know I am too young for a baby, but if I have then I should be thank God for him :)

95girl

Hey, I am 18 yrs old, me and my boyfriend used to have unprotected sex for about a month but we used pull out method. We have sex once or twice a week so I am concerned now that I might be pregnant. I would like to ask some questions and if someone can help me it would be great. No one here can say if I'm pregnant, I know that, but you might help me with some advices. So my last period was only three days from 25 to 28 April and it was unusual lighter than as usual. More symptoms I do have now are: tender breasts for more than a week, bloating for the last week and diarrhea for about 4 days. I'm feeling really strange and I'm scared. I know that my period now is going to be late due to my stress and I can't do a home pregnancy test until it's going to be late so I can't say if I'm pregnant or not until that time. But also I can't wait so much time!! I'm going to go crazy until then. So I was wondering if these are straight symptoms for early pregnancy signs and symptoms. Oh yes, I almost forgot, in additional I woke up today dying of thirst! Thank you very much!

eveve80

It can be a symptom of pregnancy. I'm sorry for you 95girl and for every girl who doesn't want to get prengnant but I got this as a pregnancy symptom. When I had my first child I had diahrea for the first 2 weeks. I know it sounds strange but it is. I also didn't knew about it, that it could be a pregnancy symptoms until I personally had it. The problem is that the doctors could not understand what is wrong with me because pregnancy tests were all negative. Those days I thought that I got poisioned or something like that. Every test the doctors have done didn't show anything, everything was coming back negative. I got the response of a home pregnancy test after a week. Seven days I was wondering what is wrong with me! Only after that I finally got an answer that I was pregnant and I surely was! That was a little less than two years ago, now I'm having a year old son. So ladies, go make a blood test (I haven't done it) and see if you're pregnant and next time be more careful if you don't want to get pregnant. Sex isn't just fun, it has big consequences and require big responsibilities. Take care of you.

ForMeMN

I feel everyone here because I'm the same boat as you

I have been having severe diarrhea for the past couple of days, it was so bad that I went to the toilet every hour or so and this is driving me nuts! I'm feeling nauseous and my period is about 5 days late or so. I'm really nervous because I have two other children but I haven't felt this way when I was pregnant with them. I have never had a so horrible diarrhea and it's very strange for me. Besides this I am having other pregnancy symptoms such as tender breasts and crampings and lower abdominal pain but when I took a test these days it was negative.

I went to the clinic about a week ago because I have had extreme abdominal pain and crampings so I decided to check what's up. They have done a urine test and a blood test but nothing. Also made a CT scan and again nothing showed up. Maybe I was too early in my pregnancy? Or what is wrong with me?

I'm scared because I don't know what is going on with me but obviously something isn't right! I'm feeling very tired and I'm always sick! I wake up at night few times only to pee! I can't concentrate at anything and I don't even remember the last day when I felt normal. I'm going to feel much better if I would know that I'm pregnant and that's it. I would be much calmer than I am now. But why would I have it now if I am pregnant and I didn't have it with my first two pregnancies?

Please someone shed a light to my problem and tell me what is wrong with me? I'm sick of feeling this way!

AmeliaLove

Hi, I have had severe diarrhea for the past 2 days now, it was so bad that it can wake up from my sleep and I got to the point where I'm afraid to leave my house. I have been having unprotected sex with my bf for a month and a half now. I was on depo provera but half a year ago I went off it and I assume that it was on my body 3 months more after I got off. Since nowadays I'm having irregular periods and it's hard for me to say for sure whether I'm late on it or no. I'm only a teenager, I have 18 years old but I'm worried that I'm pregnant. Besides the diarrhea I have other symptoms as well: headaches, bad cramps, and my stomach is bloated. I have had some sort of a period few days ago, but it was very light and it was only 2 days. All this is very strange to me. These days I have done 2 pregnancy tests but they both had a negaitve result, however I'm still concerned that I'm pregnant (I know that tests aren't 100% accurate). So, what do you think about all this? Could I be pregnant? What should I do? :(