can't lose weight even exercising and eating healthy

ErinSweet

Hi people. my problem is that for the last 3 weeks I have been working out pretty hard about 4 to 5 days per week but I am not able to lose any weight. Usually, I have been working out all days except Sunday and Saturday. So, I have been jogging for exactly 30 minutes at 5.5 mph I have been speed walking for exactly 15 minutes at 3.5 mph (nearly running) and I have also been using the elliptical for other 15 minutes at 6.0 mph. after that I have alternate days of using some weights with my abs as well as weights with my legs for also 30 minutes. In the past, before I have went off to college I have been 125 lbs, but then, 2 years later and now I am 150 lbs. I really really wish to go back to my normal weight, this is my biggest wish. I have been also trying to lose weight in these 2 years but with no success. But lately I’m doing everything I can. I am eating about 1500 to 1700 cal per day (some days even less) and I am eating a lot of whole grains, I am eating vegetables and fruits every day, a lot of them, I am drinking lots of water a day, min. 2 L a day and I’m on a course of multi vitamin. I’m very proud with myself because I feel that I am doing everything right, that I am able to do all of that without cheating or skipping my training, but the problem is that I am still 150 lbs since I started everything 3 weeks ago. I do understand that I should not wait that I am going to go back to my normal weight in 3 weeks, but 3 weeks is still enough, I guess, to see at least any difference. My idea is that this is all due to the fact that I am gaining muscles by working out so much and I am not lose weight. Honestly I am getting very frustrated and I am getting pretty discouraged when I see that I have no results at all in all this time while I have been trying so hard. I know that it would all be a lot more easier if I would have some results, I would not be discouraged and I would try harder if there would be results, but since there are none of them, I don’t even want to continue. Currently, I am having no ideas of what I need or what I should do, what I need to change in order to achieve my goal because, as I said, I feel that I am doing everything alright in order to lose weight, but I am not. what I should do? please, a little bit of help would be very and very appreciated. I have been thinking about going to a dietician, but money is a real problem for me now. any help, please!

Highness

You are right, it has been only 3 weeks that is why be patient. I do understand your frustration but it takes a bit longer for some people to start losing weight than other people. your body needs to rearrange everything, it needs time to get used to your new lifestyle. Soon, it is going to do that and you will start to see changes. It also seems to me that you are doing everything right, just also make sure that you are getting the proteins and carbohydrates in there too. due to fad diets, a lot of people are thinking immediately (at least, most of people): “carbs are bad and should be totally excluded”, but, actually in reality carbohydrates are necessary for gaining energy. You should be making sure that you are eating right proportions of everything. Everything helps. But if you have a lack of something or exceed of something then you’re out of balance and that’s bad for your body. that’s why you need to make sure that your diet balanced, not ruined or excluded by something, like for example, there are some certain vitamins that are making certain minerals absorb better and so on. Eat everything in a balanced way. Don’t forget, diet is 80% and working out is only 20% when you want to lose weight.

And yeah, you are going to gain some weight in muscle, but this is actually a good thing. a couple of years ago, I have weighed myself, very little, in fact I have been underweight which was because of lack of muscle mass so I have gained apprx. 10 pounds after a year of exercising in order to increase straight. Even if I have gained weight, I have remained about the exact same measurement around. I understand that your goal is to look good, so you only need to check your measurements. It doesn’t really matter your weight. Of course, if you’re 200 lbs then that’s a problem. but you can be 140-150 lbs and look awesome while in the same time you can have 130 lbs and look awful. Measurements is what matters (at least in case you want to look fine and you’re trying so hard for your looks).

I just need to mention that I am not a doctor by any means, that is why I am not able to tell you with certainty if there are any deficiencies or anything, however, it seems to me that as if you are doing things right, then you are expecting some special results immediately. as I said, you’ve just started, wait a bit. 3 weeks is not enough. Maybe you’ve gained some muscles and you burned fat. Soon you won’t be gaining muscles so fast, but you are still going to burn fat which is going to result in weight gain and awesome look. But this needs time. don’t be discouraged. That’s a very good lifestyle you’ve started. Keep it that way and surely you are going to see results. anyway, like I have said, I am not a doctor so I can’t tell you anything for sure.

Ansholy

Yeah, I agree with everything Highness said, she has some very good points out there. it is going to take a little bit longer than 3 weeks in order to start seeing some results! besides, don’t forget that women, generally, are having a harder time to lose weight than most men have. I assume that mostly because of our different metabolisms, but I’m sure that there are lots of factors playing here. What I suggest you is to keep working at it that hard and sooner or later you WILL see results, don’t worry honey. In case you have had kids, but even if you have not, then to lose 20 lbs or even more than that then this is very much! and a very hard work that required time! do NOT be discouraged, keep it that way, don’t stop, otherwise you will end in gaining some more weight. It seems to me that you need confidence, you need to have somebody near you to support you, to help you. are you single?

I personally have had Smartlipo done in order to help me with cellulite as well as lose skin. It did help me, but it hasn’t done everything, not even near, what it has done it so give me more confidence in my body, in me and in my powers, that’s why I said that it seems that you need confidence, I’ve been there, I know what I am talking about. I have been trying to be really active most of my life, but especially after that, after I have re-gained my confidence. And now, I am feeling sexy, you should feel too. I know it’s hard honey, when you look at yourself in the mirror and you don’t like it. but you need to like what you see. Power of mind is a powerful tool, I know it myself. i am playing racquet ball, I am running, I am swimming I do almost everything I can in order to be and to stay active. But, there are some times when this is not enough to lose weight. That’s awesomely working for staying healthy, but not always to lose weight. I do agree with Highness. It is not enough to lose weight because as she said: 80% is diet and only 20% is exercising for losing weight. Really hope you’re going to achieve your goals!