combination of soma and lortab

TimeTim

hey there, is there anybody who has ever used a combination of these 2 medications I am talking about? soma and lortab taken together. I have heard that it is feeling pretty good but I can't be sure and I haven't used them. someone did? also, can you please tell me what are the side effects of this combination? do you think that it is going to be a good idea to try? thanks in advance for everything.

Eva123

hey there. I think that it is more like you do not feel anything at all. I mean, you're simply not gonna have any feelings. lortab it is an opiate pain reliever (and would get you rid of the pain) while the soma it is a skeletal muscle relaxer which would often put you to sleep. having that said, you are going to feel great and you would sleep like a baby, most likely this is what going to happen. not sure about the side effects of taken together, but they particularly have their own side effects that you would need to take in consideration.

and yeah, doing a bit of research on them I have found that they can be taken together and in fact… they are often being prescribed together. I guess that's how you've about this combination. I just suggest you not to take them without a doctor supervision. anyway, for whatever the reason that you have decided to use them or must use them… In the end of it I just recommend you to be very careful. those are not any medications that you should play around with as they can be really hard.

Jaxon

I've noticed you said that they are feeling good… I mean, don't get me right but that is surely NOT what those medications are being given for. please be very careful and do not take them to feel "good". they are made to help easing pains, not to feel good. but to feel fine when you do not feel fine. just pay attention to it. what are you suffering from that you are on lortab? if you are suffering from anything. and what about soma? why you need them? are you getting them prescribed or you are just trying to use it for recreational use and ordering them online. plus, you should not use them together, at least unless the doctor is going to tell you to. taking them separately without a doctor's approval is a very bad idea, not talking about if taking them together - these are powerful and strong medications that can help, but they can also damage a lot when not taken for proper conditions/ reasons. so if not taking them accordingly then you might find yourself in some really big problems that I am sure you do not want to deal with. so please, be very careful on what you decide to do. 

MBernic

the side effects of the combination of Lortab and Soma may cause some central nervous system as well as respiratory depression. this is thanks to the interaction of the Soma to the hydrocodone part of the Lortab. having that said, you can get some really bad health damages that I wouldn't suggest you to try.

WHISTER0

hello everyone. OP, those medications are indeed sometimes given together and I know this from my personal experience. I have been prescribed by my doctor both some and norco (5 mg) after I have had a car accident and that's how I know that it is perfectly fine to use both of those drugs at the exact same time but only if taking therapeutic dosages, quite sure there is going to appear a problem if taking bigger than these dosages. but yeah, be sure that Mbernic is definitely right about that because CNS depression indeed may be caused when using both of these 2 drugs and that's why a doctor supervision is so important when using these 2 together.

and also, I have seen someone asking that those are not what those medications are being given for. I am not sure but what do you mean by saying that? if you try to say that they are not used for recreational use then I definitely do agree with you, however there are a lot of reasons that one would get prescribed both of those 2 medications (just check the reason above). in fact, I've also seen someone saying that this is a combination that doctor used to prescribe a lot and often - that’s true and that's because of the potentiating effect of the 2 drug if taken together. plus to that, it is allowing the doctors to prescribe some smaller dosages of hydrocodone like for example a 5mg of lortab (or maybe even a 2.5 mg of vicodin) due to the fact that the soma is going to increase its effectiveness. having that said, you are allowed to take a smaller dosage of that drug but getting a bigger effect out of it. but yeah, it is obvious that in case you are an idiot and you take such a stupid decision of using more than you are being supposed (prescribed) to take then just consider that you have done the entire world a favor and if you are a male then you are not going to be able to produce any more offspring (or at least I really hope so) which is going to make the entire world a safer and a smarter place by getting us read of another person *like u*.

but anyway, in order to answer the original question directly: the side effects are the CNS depression and yes, it indeed does feel good… but you've just got to stay within the recommended dosage and to be sure not to use anymore than that, and then you are going to be fine. and yeah, there's just something else that I also wanted to add here through this… a soma compound with codeine does exist which is a compound of Soma (200 mg of it), aspirin (325 mg) and also codeine 16 mg.

Whined

hey there WHISTER0, just wanted to say that I am really thankful for your response to Jaxon. i appreciate. I am also on the pain medication, however the thing is that I am highly sensitive to pain medications. in the past I've been taking a pain medication that it was good for me, but then it has been gotten off the market, unfortunately, that is why they are not giving me Lortab 5 mg (kind of being forced to take it) and even though my doctor is telling me that this medication is being supposed to be much more stronger than my previous medication that I was used to take in the past but now is got off the market (believe me or not, but that pain reliever and the dosage it had has been amazing on my pain), unfortunately, I find it not to be very effective (if at all) for my chronic and severe pain that I am suffering from.

I am now doing my own research and I have always done for my medications before I am willing to allow my doctor (or any doctor at all) to put me on any kind of medication because I really want to know what I am about to take, this is why I have had to google to see what could exactly work in combiation with the Lortab 5 mg without having to go to a stronger mg use of Lortab ('cuz I surely don't want to) and that's especially since my doctor has told me that the Lortab can be highly addictive as well, plus it can have a lot of side effects that can be avoided if taking a lesser dosage. I'm trying to avoid it whatever takes me.

however, I have seen the Jaxon's response about "that is not what those medications are being given for" and this kind of ticked me off for some reason that I can't really understand. and this is especially since it is being necessary for somebody like me as well as many other people and it is always good to do research and to know what can be taken together safely and what it is not. there's no need to mention that I do care about my health so I want and I need to know what I am putting in my body and how to keep it safe. I am having an appointment with my doctor in about 2 weeks or so and then I am going to talk with him about some other further options and I am planning to discuss with him about the Soma to be given to me for my condition because, as I said, so far I can't find anything that helps me with my severe and chronic pain. maybe this combination would. so that's why I am really happy to know that it is working so good on combination with the 5 mg dose of Lortab and that it can possibly work good enough for me. I really hope so and thanks to all of you who responded!

Liam Bro

not sure about the lortab since I have never used it myself, however I did have used somas and I can tell you that it surely help me with my back issues. I had some really bad back pains. I had 2 surgeries the last year (2016) done on my lumbar area and it is surely not a joke… that's really hard to live with… I have heard of doctors who do nothing about that. but in my opinion (only my humble opinion…) doctors that do not prescribe proper pain killers should not be practicing because pain is very terrible - I've been there. so soma would get rid of them, but as I said, not sure about lortab! 

NoOome

well, from as much as I have understood from what I have read here, these 2 might be helpful taking together because if talking about it in some other words then the drugs are simply potentiating each other, kind of stimulating each effects so that's why they should do a good job with pain. I personally have never tried this combination of drugs unfortunately, however to be honest, I would really love to try it out as well because it does seem to be good. I just hope that you're going to be safe and that you won't be doing any mistakes because from as much as I have read I also understood that it can be dangerous if not used as it should be. what I am trying to say that in the time I would want to try this combination myself, you need to be very careful when you are mixing these 2. maybe you just need to use your regular opiate dosage that you take, however you should take a only a small amount of soma. or maybe vice versa. not sure. but whatever just listen to your doctor and take them only if they are being prescribed. good luck to you. 

KenT

oh yes, I also do know that mixing a low dosage of (I guess any) opiate medication like for example Lortab/ Vicodin with some kind of a muscle relaxant (I guess any of them) like for example Soma it is fine. in fact, I've also heard that this is a commonly prescribe pair of medications since indeed they are just boosting each other effectiveness making themselves even better than taken alone, separately. I've heard that the muscle relaxant is going to increase the strenght of the pain killing effect of the hydrocodone in the time it is allowing you to use some less of the hydrocodone so that it is lasting longer. in other words they are doing a great job together. however it is true that they should be taken only if prescribed by a doctor and they should be taken with good care otherwise they can give the patient some problems. hoping it is going to be helpful. 

Derrick

I am using a 500/325 vicodin with a soma at night before going to bed and I am sleeping like a baby with absolutely no problems at all. unfortunately, this combination works so well for my sleep that I am not even able to take it during the day and that's due to the fact that it makes me feel drowsy for the first hour or so after I use this combination but even after that hour I still feel that I won't be able to concentrate and that's why during the night time it is very good for me so you might try it if that's what your doctor tells you to do.

and yeah, just a word here to the wise about potentiating in order to make your supply to last some longer - I did have heard it being said in the past that it is making your tolerance to those pain meds that you are taking to go up faster than if the pain medication has been taken alone… might be true because I'm quite sure now that I did have experience this myself.. but unfortunately I can't back up my words because I am not a doctor and I am not having absolutely any medical articles or something in this matter. I am only sharing here what other people have mentioned online (and I read them carefully) as well as what I have experienced myself!

Bannerman

the combination of these 2 medications can be extremely helpful or extremely dangerous, but the key to success it is to take them as it is being prescribed… and I do know that they can be helpful because there's my doctor who prescribed both of these medications to me and he has told me that I need to use this combination at night just in case (and when) I am going to experience some back spasms! I do not get the back spasms and this is the reason why I am not using the combination every night that is why I hope that I am not going to build tolerance to it very quickly. but in fact, I am happy that I do not take my soma or my vicodin every day, I only take them when it is needed so that's quite good I think.

however, if someone is going to abuse the combination then I guess there should be no wonders that it is going to cause problems. either taking it on daily basis or taking a too higher dosage (not mentioning about both) then issues obviously would appear. in fact, I just think that abusing anything at all in this world is going to cause some issues, not talking about potent medications like the ones we are discussing here. and expect adverse side effects that are associated with the medications that you are using. there's nothing new here or something to be shocked about.

Thadestal63

I'm not a doctor so I can’t say anything for sure, however I just think that you would need to take them together if you are having spasm (especially in your back) and you are in pains. these medications are also taken (I know) together if you are trying to get a buzz, but I honestly recommend you not to do so as it might be a very bad idea. I personally did have been used them together as it has been prescribed by my doctor for my pains (this was in the past, some years ago) and telling you from experience I can tell you that they do seem to increase the pain relieving effects of the Hydro… but anyway, this is just my opinion and nothing more. they were working just fine for me and I liked it. but yes, I do know that the danger of any of those drugs is that they are depressing your CNS. but anyway, initially I would say that you should be very careful at least until the moment that you would find out how they are going to affect you. 

Garofalo

it is true that when a doctor is first time prescribing you this combination of Soma and Lortab then nobody knows what it can do to you personally that's because it can react very differently for every person. I have been prescribed this combo by my doctor as well and I had no idea what it can do to me. the doctor, since he's a doctor, had some ideas, but they still can't say for sure. anyway, when I have taken it I have started to get dizzy and I started to feel really nauseous, generally I could feel that there's something not well with me. again, I'm no doctor but I just think that most likely this combo needs to be given only if a person is in some really serious pain and can't relax or/ and sleep because of this serious pain. in such a situation these 2 medications would help, I guess. also, because of the severe prescription med addiction probably in the US, now when you are in some severe chronic pain… unfortunately, it is very hard to get yourself a doctor that is going to give you a prescription for anything else other than the common over the counter pain medications, some quite non potent medications like ibuprofen or naproxen. this is because nearly all pain medications have addiction potency and therefore, the doctors are being kept an close eye if they write scripts of such medications and that is why - they are afraid… one caution is that the drug and alcohol abuse as well as addiction can lesson your values on your life as well as the lives of the other people. and oftentimes, if you are using some cocktails of some medications in order to make you feel good, then you might as well not be using them for their intended purpose, to ease the pain. I wish you all the best.