could endometriosis be responsible for my pains?

Daniela1

Hello my name is Trish and not so long ago I was diagnosed with endometriosis. It brings me a series of serious complications, for example with my period. Besides this also I have been experiencing intense and severe gas pain.  I’m not sure that it was gas pain but at least they feel like gas .This was horrible and insupportable. It happened to me during my period, so I wasn’t so worried about this because I thought it could be connected with my period, but after my period finished I continued to feel this pain for more than a week. I never had a pain like this. And also this thing has a big impact to my job, not only to my health. My gynecologist prescribed me some medicaments like Buscopan and Nexium, but this didn’t help me so much. Has this ever happened to anybody else? I would like to know what’s going on. Do I have to change medicines or do some exams? What do you think? Thank you for any advice, this is very important to me!

rachie

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can help you, in fact, I need help too. I have the same thing. Not so long ago my doctor diagnosed me with endometriosis. The doc put me on some medication and my last period was the worst I ever had. I'm always having gas. You're right when you said that it is gas pain, I can feel it too. I'm feeling soooo gassy lately I cannot describe. I'm glad my boyfriend when out of town for 2 months because I don't know what he would say about my constant gas. Also, this is sooooo painful, the pains occurs for about 5 to 20-25 minutes and each time I have to lay down. Exactly as you, I thought that the pains will disappear after my period will end, it didn't. If you find something then please let me know too. I desperately want to get rid of the pains and get rid of the gas!

Dercy2007

Oh wow, honestly I thought that I’m the only one who has this problem, I mean the severe gas pains. I was suspicious about endometriosis being related to these extreme gas pains for a long time but now I’m sure about that. The problem is that I don’t know what should I do now. :( I have these severe gas cramps especially when I’m in my first days of my period – they are sooooo terrible and painful. :( I guess those who posted above knows what I’m talking about. I’m pretty sure that these endometriosis related gas pains are causing even more pains than the menstrual cramps themselves. I do know that I have endometriosis because I was diagnosed a little less than 3 months ago and since then I was already gone through two surgeries. :( The doctors told me that with the second operation they could get rid of about 95% of the total endometriosis that was located everywhere. I’ve been told that my uterus was stuck to my bowels but later the docs loosened it without removing a single piece of my bowel. However, it is now 2 weeks post the surgery and I’m still having these terrible pains I had when I need to release gas from my body. :( I don’t know what I should do because I hope very much that they would disappear by themselves sooner or later but if they won’t? So far there isn’t any sign that they would disappear… if somebody knows something then all of us suffering from this will appreciate your information. :((((((

debra

Wow, I was thinking that I am the only one who is suffering from this problem, or at least that there are not that much people suffering from it. however, I have been searching online and I saw that there are really a lot of women having it – severe gas cramps. Very severe. and especially during the first couple of days of my period – that is absolutely awful, that’s killing me. I am in a similar situation as was dercy 2007 and that’s why I would be very thankful if she would tell me how she’s feeling now. sometimes I am thinking that these kind of pains are even more severe and worse than the actual menstruation cramps. 4 months ago I have been diagnosed with endometriosis and in all this time I have already been operated 2 times (exactly as dercy). They told me that after I have had the 2nd operation, they have taken away more than 90% of the endometriosis that, how they told me, was everywhere (as dercy). And now I remember that exactly as the other user, my doctors told me that they have loosened it without removing the bowel. Currently it is the third week after I have had that operation and I am still having those terrific pains when that gas needs to leave my bowels. I really really hope that soon this is going to come to an end and I would be very thankful if dercy would tell me how much she needed until the pains got away as it seems that I am now going through exactly what she went.