Do I need a surgery?

gixxer

I’m very confused and I don’t know what to do. 2 weeks ago I have had an accident, it wasn’t something very serious but I have damaged a little bit my back and it hurts. My doctor explained me how this was called but unfortunately I don’t remember what my diagnosis was. Anyway I talked with my doctor and I asked him what to do in order to make everything the best possible way, he recommended me to stay some weeks at home in order to recover my spinal injuries. So at the end the only thing that I had to do is to rest for some weeks, to watch TV and to take care about me and importantly not to pick up any heavy weights.

This is what I really did these weeks and at the beginning I started to feel better, I thought that my pain is going away but one morning when I woke up and wanted to have my breakfast, it become very difficult for me to do something. My back was hurting like I have had a knife wound down there and it felt like the knife was still in my back. I was so scared, I have never felt something like this before, and I didn’t expect to experience such a different back pain especially when seemed that the recovery was in the process. The same day in the afternoon I started to feel sick like I have had a cold, I measured my temperature and it was 38,8. Besides this I started to feel cold every second, my mom and dad told me that they feel very hot and that looking at me it’s like I stay outside in the middle of the winter. I don’t know for sure if this is linked with my back pain, but I don’t believe in coincidences that’s why I would like to ask what do you think about this? Could it be something serious that will lead me to a surgery? Or you think that I simply got a cold and it has nothing to do with my back injury? I’m just not sure – an intense back pain and cold feeling started all at once, I doubt that they are not linked.

AmeliaLove

I’m not sure about your situation, and I can’t say if this is something that will lead to surgery, the only one that is able to answer to your question is your doctor, and I don’t understand why didn’t you called him to ask all these questions and to be sure about everything? This could be something serious for sure, and I hope that there is nothing wrong with your kidneys, sometimes when someone has an accident it can develop some issues to your interior organs and it will be better to do some tests and to be sure that everything is okay. Remember that waiting in your situation could become fatal, and I totally recommend you to wake up and to do something. Call your doctor first, and explain everything, you are not able to do something by your own because of the pain, call your doctor and ask for help, ask him to come to you if you’re unable, do something NOW! I understand you, and its okay that you wrote here about your problems, because you can get more information, but in your situation it’s already the time to do something, and not to collect information from different experience but to act.

gixxer

I know that I should call my doctor and explain the situation, but honestly I’m so scared to ask him about help. I’m scared to find out what is this, because I have feeling that there is something wrong. I’m scared!

Today I woke up and I wanted to go ahead and to call my doctor, I picked up my phone and in that moment I imagined that something will happen and he will tell me some bad news so I simply got scared and I didn’t called him... I’m hopeless!

AmeliaLove

that’s the point – if something is wrong the first thing you need to do is to call your doctor. Okay, I understand you’re afraid to find out something very scary about your health, but trust me it will be more difficult after some time to find out that you were able to do something for this but you didn’t. Tomorrow when you’ll wake up again and when you’ll pick up your phone in order to call your doctor, remember that this could be a great opportunity to offer yourself a chance.

Pablooo

Hey I just finished to read your post and I find totally myself in it. I have had the same thing some years ago, and you described the situation with your temperature and strong and strange back pain. I have had all of these and at the end when I talked with my doctor and he did some exams he told me that I have a “pinched nerve”, this mean that something happened during my accident that has damaged my nerves. Anyway now I’m okay, and I agree that you have to call your doctor, better do it as soon as possible.