Donating cord blood!

SimpleLinda

Hello everyone I would like to find out some information and I think that here in this forum it will be the best place to find the best information. I really need your help. So I’m currently pregnant with my third baby and not so long ago I have found out that there is a possibility to donate the cord blood to a private bank. I never know that this is possible and that this has a lot of benefits. I was very happy to find such information and some months ago when I have discovered this I decided that after the birth I’ll donate my cord blood. Unfortunately not so long ago we have found out that my little nephew that is only 2 years old has leukemia, we all are very destroyed about this situation, this is my sister’s first son and she is very depressed and devastated. I told about this to my doctor and asked him if my cord blood can help him someway and he told me that actually it can help him very much.

I’m supposed to donate it to my sister’s son and I really would like and hope that this will help him at least a little bit. Anyway, I’m here because I really would like to find some other examples from those who maybe know that donating the cord blood can really help. Can somebody help me to find out more information about this? Maybe some new examples from those who did this and worked, or maybe generally to mention if this can really work or not. I really would like to calm a little bit my sister and to let her know that there is possible to save her son thanks to this method but I would like to find more examples to convince her that everything will be okay. Please tell me that this is possible!

Wispond32

Hey I’m really sorry about your nephew and I really hope that this can help him. I can’t tell you more about the effectiveness because the only thing that I have done it was to donate it, it’s a little expensive for me to do this but it think that this is for a good case. Anyway if you are interested in donate your cord blood then I can recommend you a good bank. I have had my second child and for the first time when I have donated it, it was a little bit more expensive because I have used another bank. Before having my second baby I did a research of banks in order to find the best one, and I have found the cbr bank which I consider is one of the best banks ever. I will omit the formalities why I have decided to use this bank and I’ll tell you why you should try it. First of all I liked this bank and I consider that you’ll like this too because of their program so called dtp. What this mean? This dtp program in made in order to facilitate the expenses and if you have to donate this cord blood for a very important reason, such as your nephew disease they cover all the costs and you pay almost nothing. I think that this is a great thing that can help your sister very much, I know that in this situation money aren’t so important but I think that will be a great opportunity to concentrate the money that you’ll save from that donation to another thing that your nephew will need more. Talking about the effectiveness, I don’t have any particular examples of people that have used it and can confirm with certitude that this really worked, but I can assure you that I have heard so many times and from so many people that it helped very much, in different diseases. I really hope that this will help you nephew too. I consider that now you have to try everything in order to help him, doesn’t matter what do everything what is supposed to be done, because it’s really so sad to hear that such a little angle have this type of disease. Good Luck to you and your sister

bates

I also would like to donate it but not for a private one but for a public one I have heard that this is better than donating to a private one. Before donating your cord try to talk with your doctor and to find out if you sister is able to use it for her baby. I have heard that there can be many things that can be incompatible with her baby and that is why your doctor has to do first of all a lot of exams to tell you if you can do this. I’m planning to donate my cord too. The last time I did this I have heard that it helped a little baby with some blood problems. I truly believe that actually this works, many doctor encourage their patients to donate their cord bloods to different banks. Unfortunately not so many women know that this is possible to do. I think that all women have to know that they have a possibility to save a life if they will decide to do such a thing. Yes, it is a little bit expensive but I think that it’s worth it. you don’t have to have any doubts about the effectiveness of the cord bloods, I consider that if they are donated then this mean that they really help other people.

Seemorger90

Hello, I’m interested in this too. I still don’t know how many possibilities I can have if I decided to donate it. I have never heard about public and private banks, all the information that I have found was linked only with brother/sister use, this mean that just for family use, I have thought that this can be donated also for other people, or there is something that I don’t understand? I have no problems in my family and I consider that there are a lot of other people that need this more than me. I would like to donate it but I still don’t understand all the process that I have to do in order to donate it.

I have read about this so many things and I really think that this is a great thing to do. So many examples you can find in internet of those who used it and saved their lives. No doubt that I’ll donate it but still don’t know where. I have found some new information from your posts and I would like to thank you for this. I’m really sorry about your nephew and I really hope that God will help him to be healthy and happy. Tell your sister that everything will be okay and that she has to be strong for her baby!

SimpleLinda

thank you all for the information and thank you for so many opportunities that I have found exists in our society. I’ll try to find out more information about cbr banks and about their program. I’m really happy to hear that all of you are sure in the effectiveness. I’m worried but I really can’t even imagine what my sister feels. The cord blood I hope that is really something that will make a miracle for her and her baby. Thank you all for information. If there is somebody else that would like to add something new I’ll always be here to read your posts.