For how long a period could be delayed?

Hiscambeste14

Hi people. I am 17 years old, nearly 18 and I have been wondering if you can help. the thing is that I really want to know what are the chances of feeling nauseous, to have sore breasts and to have your missed period for already 2 weeks and even so not to be pregnant?

I guess that I also need to mentioned that I have been pretty stressed out with my school and this is why I have also had a pretty big lack of sleep, however, doesn’t it seem to be that 2 weeks is a little too much for a simple delay?

Of course, I have taken pregnancy tests to see the result, I have taken 4 of them and all of them came out to be negative. The last one I took only a few days ago. I am pretty worried as I can’t really understand what’s going on with me and why I’m not having my period so much? please, I need some of your help. any information would be very appreciated. Thanks

hampy22

As much as I know – yeah, it can be to have a delayed period for 2 weeks, moreover, you are probably not likely to be pregnant after you have had 4 negative tests. Even so, there are some women that are not testing positive right away. However, you have mentioned that you had your last test a few days ago which means that you tested nearly 2 weeks after the delayed period which means that if you would be pregnant – most likely the test would show it. but you never know. Chances are – you are pregnant, but most likely it is just a delayed period because of stress and little sleep. It rarely happens when a period is delayed 2 weeks, but it does happen.

But not having your period 2 weeks also may be the cause of an health illness even if you don't feel anything, this is why I would suggest you to go to the doc if your period still doesn’t appear.

LaRocca1

Hello Hiscambeste14 and I am glad that you decided to ask for some help. I need to say that stress can and in most cases it will delay your period or it can make you to miss it for an entire month. Besides, HPT (home pregnancy tests) are very and very accurate, that being said, the probability of getting 4 false negative test results in a row is extremely low, I think that you have much more bigger chances of winning a lottery twice in a day (this is unless it is an ectopic pregnancy, in this case it would be noticed with a pretty bad unilateral pelvic pain, since you have not mentioned this – I would not consider that this would a probability in your case). Besides, our mind is even more powerful that you could imagine. I am just trying to say that in case you are very worried and scared about being pregnant then your body and mind could be probably playing some mean trick with you and your body which means that it can make you to think that you are actually pregnant when you are actually not, and here is how you are getting the symptoms. The same scenario goes for women who really really want to have a child – they are not pregnant but their mind is playing tricks and they are getting symptoms. Symptoms are very easily to get – you only need to think about them daily, constantly and to believe that you have them and voila – you have them. or, also, you could also have a stomach bug that is making you to feel sick. I know about it because this has happened to me when I have been scared that I am pregnant a few years ago, I was seriously thinking that I am pregnant when, in fact, I had this stomach bug my doc diagnosed me with and got me rid of it.

So, in the end, in order to answer your main question (or what I have understood that is main question): yeah, it is totally possible to have all those symptoms without even be pregnant. All these symptoms could be pretty well be only in your head as a result of stress. For the best you should go and visit a doctor. Whether it is a stomach bug or it is only your head thinking about it – it doesn’t really matter, you should go and visit a doctor for your peace of mind and decreasing your stress level. I wish you all the best.