getting my tubes tied

Tiffany

hey there everyone… so as you can see… I am going to get my tubes tied and I am going o a class about getting them tied. yeah… before I could actually do this I need to have to go to this class firstly. the reason why I decided to start this is because I want to talk with someone who already have had it done. I really hope that I am going to find someone here who did had it done. so if I'm lucky enough and there are a few of you who did, then how it was for you? was it painful? how about the recovery? was it easy or not really? how much time you needed to get back in normal state. I can ask these questions my doctor, however I want to talk with someone who already had it done because real life experience is much more worth for me. and I don't know anybody in person who had them tied so I could talk with them. the hubs has offered me to have a vasectomy instead, however I personally really think that I would much rater have my tubes tied. what do you think about this? vasectomy would be better? anyway, I am just searching for some information from those people that have gone through it already and can share with me a bit of their experience. thanks in advance for everything! 

Damme

I have not had the procedure done so unfortunately, I am not able to tell you anything from experience, however I do have a couple of friends who did it, they considered it as an option after their childbirth and so I just can share with you what they told me. none of them told me to experience pains which means that most likely you are not going to have any pains at all. from as much as it seems, this is the optimal time for the procedure to get done. however, it also can be performed outpatient and I just can suppose (not sure and not trying to imply that this is true) but I suppose that it is mostly depending on your pain threshold as well as different conditions that are present in your body and your body types as well as the surgeon too who performs it. as I said, for my friends it all went just well and I really hope that the same would happen to you either. however, I am quite sure that there might be other cases as well so I just think that it would be better for you if you would be informed about it. so searching a bit I've got some information. the Mayo Clinic is having some really good information regarding this so I suggest you to search for it. I think that it can help you a bit. just go on Mayo clinic org site and on search type Tubal ligation What you can expect. you're going to be given the first article which I recommend you to read it.

Vendess47

well… yeah.. this is a fairly simple operation I would say. however as with any invasive procedures out there, it is definitely not without any risks at all. it does poses risks that you should be aware of. but anyway, I to tend to think that vasectomy is a little bit less invasive than tubal ligation so I suggest you to consider to this option before refusing it. and also, if you do not mind me asking, why do you prefer the tubal ligation more? 

Tiffany

regarding what you said up there Vendess47 I would say that it is totally true, however I would say that men are (oh well…) chickens when it is coming to anything in that area of the body and I do know it. my ex husband has had one done outpatient and he had no bother at all with it. everything was just fine. no pain at all, no discomfort at all. everything has been just fine.

regarding the IUD's part… well… I do know what you are talking about and I totally do agree with you that for some people (like you and many others, like for example my good friend) the IUD's are a total nightmare and stopping the downward cycle of what the female body it is meant to rid itself of. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, even though I do know that for some women out there it might be a good thing. (but this is just the experience that I had with the women, as I said-  my friend, I know who have had it done and then started to study it a bit more).

Damme

regarding what you said up there Vendess47 I would say that it is totally true, however I would say that men are (oh well…) chickens when it is coming to anything in that area of the body and I do know it. my ex husband has had one done outpatient and he had no bother at all with it. everything was just fine. no pain at all, no discomfort at all. everything has been just fine.

regarding the IUD's part… well… I do know what you are talking about and I totally do agree with you that for some people (like you and many others, like for example my good friend) the IUD's are a total nightmare and stopping the downward cycle of what the female body it is meant to rid itself of. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, even though I do know that for some women out there it might be a good thing. (but this is just the experience that I had with the women, as I said-  my friend, I know who have had it done and then started to study it a bit more).

Tiffany

yeah, I can't stand it and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody else either and I wouldn't do it because of the experience that I have had with it which has been totally awful! I did have had it one year ago and I absolutely loved it! it has never caused me any issues at all and it seemed to be purely perfect for me. however, from the time that this one has been put then it has been only pure problems… there hasn't been anything else but issues and problems. I have even went to the ER for some extremely severe cramping and they were so bad that I have been thinking that it has been my IUD that is coming out. but no… it has been only cysts that have been all over my ovaries who has been caused because of the IUD. Before this I have never had any cysts at all! They have put me on antibiotics because they were thinking that there has been some kind of an infection that it is causing all of those symptoms that I was having then. no need to say that those antibiotics were completely useless as they hasn't touched my problem and it didn't get any better at all! since they are doctors and since I was thinking that a doctor is a "know it all guy" I have been following every direction that they were giving me religiously. always has been doing whatever they told me to and been trying never to get out of their word. but now I only want it out because I can't get it anymore!

and yeah, I am not able to use any form of birth control pills either… that's because I am having some kind of a major blood pressure problem and this is why the birth control pills are just a big fat no for me. my hubby has always offered me to get a vasectomy done, however I only want to know all of my options that I have available! so well, I just think that in the time that I am going to go to that class then I am going to get the answers that I need - I think so… I only want to be in the control of not getting pregnant once again and so… I just can guess that I basically am having some control issues, LOL :D

Vendess47

hey there Tiffany… i've read your post and well… I then hope that you can get some posts from those people who have gone through it and I really hope that they would be helpful for you at least a little bit. I am a firm believer in the fact that you do know your body best and so you know what it is best for you. people are always thinking and believing in theories and what works for majority people, however I always said that a person knows his/her body better. so if you think and feel that this is the best option for you then I am quite sure that it is going to work out just fine for you! and yeah, just an aside thing here regarding all of this…. my husband has had a vasectomy after my last child. that part has been just fine, however he did not seem to appreciate the irony when my sexual desire has simply disappeared completely like somebody took it with bare hands and threw it away. and yeah, surely not his fault here, however that's just an very unlucky coincidence I think.

hey there Tiffany… i've read your post and well… I then hope that you can get some posts from those people who have gone through it and I really hope that they would be helpful for you at least a little bit. I am a firm believer in the fact that you do know your body best and so you know what it is best for you. people are always thinking and believing in theories and what works for majority people, however I always said that a person knows his/her body better. so if you think and feel that this is the best option for you then I am quite sure that it is going to work out just fine for you! and yeah, just an aside thing here regarding all of this…. my husband has had a vasectomy after my last child. that part has been just fine, however he did not seem to appreciate the irony when my sexual desire has simply disappeared completely like somebody took it with bare hands and threw it away. and yeah, surely not his fault here, however that's just an very unlucky coincidence I think.
</p>

valentina

so well… it seems that so far I am going to be the first one who would say something from personal experience since I did have had it done in the past. I just can tell you that I have had some very and very minimal pain level afterwards. sometimes it was so slight that I didn't even noticed it. in fact, I can tell you that it has been just less of invasive than I have been thinking initially (before it being done) that it is going to be or might be. in fact, to make you understand what kind of pain it was - before going and making it done I went to my boss and I told him that I am going to have a surgery (yeah, I know…) and that I would need a week off my work. he agreed but didn't agreed to pay me so I had to stay at home a week without being paid. I still agreed since I've been thinking that the pains must be really that bad. however, the boss got shocked or thought that I lied about the surgery when he has seen me the next day at work. yeah… it was with so minimal discomfort level overall that I could go back to work the next day and actually work :D

oh yeah… something that I nearly forgot to mention here… but here indeed is some crap…  had I been married during that time (I am divorced now) the hospital would have required "my husband" to come and sign off on it. yeah… it is MY body and normally he has nothing to do with it (at least theoretically, LOL) but he would need to approve that it can be done… ummm.. bullsh*t!... to be honest, I even laughed about that, I mean, when they have told me about that, however I secretly have been seething. this has been years ago, in 2011….

Melina

I did have had it done either after my last daughter has been born so I just hope that I can help you somehow here. I have had it done approximately 5 weeks or so later after my daughter's birth. I have taken a couple of days off from my work either (exactly as valentina) and exactly as her… I have got called in on the second day after it has been done. nothing really fuzzy about it all. my pants have been a little bit snug and I have ended up leaving the button open, however other than that, I have been feeling pretty much well and can't say that it was the worst that I have went through in my life (definitely there were other times that have been much much worse than this). besides, this has been years ago (even before 2011 compared to valentina) so I know that they are now having some better anesthesia and that's why, I would imagine that nowadays, with this anesthesia, other than a little bit of soreness - you should be all just fine with no problems at all. doubt that you're going to be in much pain… at least if everything goes alright. that's why I would suggest you to get yourself a good doctor that won't make any mistakes. it also depends a bit on your body, but I think that it mostly depends on how the doctor works and although the chances of mistakes are slight - I still would get myself the best one that you can find! and yeah, there's one thing that I have found it be pretty much strange and it has been the shoulder pain. the surgeon has said that it is from the gas that I am getting (shoulder pain from gas…), it is the gas that they are putting in your belly in order to help them to see what they are doing there better… I can't be sure since I am not a doctor or anything in this matter but I can guess that by doing so they are getting more room in there and that's why they see it all better?! moving stuff around? anyway, I guess that's not so important, I just want to say that he has said that the shoulder pain has been from that thing. I am thinking that it has hasted for a couple of days to approximately a week but then it went away. but anyway, overall I can't remember anything to be that bad… but as I said, it has been quite some years ago so I am a bit hazy on it and I can't remember the details very well.

anyway, overall, I would say that it has been one of the better decisions that I have ever made in my life. it just depends on what you are searching for and what exactly you want. I have had my tubes completely removed by the way, not tied and this means that there are absolutely no chances of getting pregnant whatsoever with REMOVED tubes. the thing is that when you tie your tubes it means that maybe sometimes later you are going to try to reverse the effects in order to be able to get pregnant again. but I knew back then that I would never want to reverse this as I would never want to have any more children and I was right… years have passed and I still don't want anymore children. I am happy the way I am :) I wish you good luck and I hope that you are going to get whatever you need and that everything's going to pass just perfect :)

KaterineHill

well, obviously I am not a doctor and I haven't even seen you, however I still do not think that you are going to experience a problem with this so just calm down as stress might be your biggest problem. I have also had it done and when I've done it several years ago I have had absolutely no pains as most people who posted here as well as no negative after effects. in fact, me and you are alike on the fact on how our bodies react to things because I've also seen stories of women having very big success with IUD however, when I have had my IUD, as you, I have had nothing else but cramping and pains myself and exactly as you, because IUD didn't worked the way I wanted it to - I decided to get my tubes tied and exactly as you - I have been anxious on how it might work. well, in the end everything was just fine and I am happy that I did so and decided it because IUD pretty much has made my life a lot much worse and miserable for those several months that I have had it (again, as you, for approximately half a year I had it). that's why I recognize myself in you and that's why I think that you are going to be all fine. so from personal experience I am telling you: you are having a really good plan and I honestly think that you are going to be happy with the results you'll have! 

Tiffany

I have finally had the IUD taken out today due to those terrible cramping and pains I was having constantly. come to find out, it has been fixed firmly and deeply in the wall of my uterus and that's why I was having all of that… oh… so, I have scheduled it all. starting with the next month (beginning of December) I am going to go with this tubal ligation class before I am actually gonna have it.

and by the way… nobody ever told me that my husband has to agree with it?!?!