having a weird cold feeling in mouth

buckin

Hey all. can you help me with this very strange situation and question I have for you? the thing is that each time that I breathe in (I am usually breathing in with my mouth and not with my nose) I am getting a very and very weird feeling in my mouth. I don’t know how to explain it very well but it is a very likely feeling of cold. Regardless of how exactly it is, this feeling is very annoying and I would like to get rid of it. it feels pretty much like you have a chewing gum in your mouth that gives you that cold feeling and you are constantly chewing it. that’s pretty much the same of what happens to me, I mean I am getting that feeling always (of course without chewing any gums). That’s just a similar feeling, not the same. The feeling is very annoying and I would really like to get rid of it. I don’t know how to explain it so I do understand that it might be hard a bit to understand. However, if there is somebody else who has a similar feeling (I don’t know… I haven’t yet anybody complaining about a similar thing) I’m pretty sure he/she knows what I am talking about. I really cannot understand if this is anything at all or it is just me who is paranoid and is getting this feeling, what do you think? Can there be something physically wrong me with me that gives me this feeling or it is all only in my mind? Is there somebody else who is having a similar feeling? Or maybe somebody have heard about something similar and could help me? anything can be helpful. thanks in advance.

And yeah, by the way, please don’t tell me that I get it because it is winter, I do get it even when it’s hot outside. It is definitely not about the weather.

brout

hey, I have seen your post and I have got extremely intrigued in reading it that’s because I also find it to be extremely strange and I also have it. I am experiencing this feeling for a couple of weeks (maybe months now) and it is annoying. Not sure why I do get it but as you said, surely not because of the weather. I also agree that it is hard to explain, it is a very weird cold almost as a minty type of sensation (and obviously I have never been anywhere near mints or something in this matter).

the point is that I would really like to get rid of it because it is truly annoying. I have never had anything similar to this before. I am really very glad hearing that I am not the only one who is having this strange feel, however, the sad news is that I am also having no answers for you. by the way, I have called my family doctor and I have told her about this feeling I am getting and she told that this is the first time she hears something similar and she recommended to go to a dentist better. I am now thinking that it could be a good idea to visit one, but until them I am left completely ideas-less. Anything that can point out something that could bring me to an answer I would really appreciate very much. thank you in advance.

Taidef

Yes yes yes. This exists. I knew it. now that I see that I’m not the only with this I know that it actually exists and it is not everything only in my mind. In the beginning after I have just started to get this feeling I have been thinking that this is only a result of something that I have eaten or drank and that something has a pretty long lasting effect but it would go away. I am now having it for more than a week or so and it is still here. after a couple of days of having it I decided to change my habits (eating habits as well) for a couple of days and yeah… nothing has changed and this annoying feeling is still here and it doesn’t show any signs to go away. I have also been trying to search for information about this, for anything that might give me any ideas of how I could make it stop, however, so far I have got absolutely nothing. And by the way, I have found out one thing… I’ve started to notice that it is getting even worse during the night time and if I am in an cold or some airy situation (like for example I’m near a fan or something this matter). I have been thinking about going to a doc., but I find it to be so… weird… I’m pretty sure he would look at me like I’m an weirdo. In fact… I am… but I just can’t imagine how I can make a doc. appointment and when he’s going to ask me: “what for?” I’m just going to tell him: I’m sorry doc, but my tongue and my throat feel cold, can you warm them up or what?? I could never pinpoint it. there are sometimes when this sensation is in nearly back of my throat but other times I could feel it in the center of my tongue or right on the tip, or maybe on the sides and so on and so forth. In short: in all over my mouth. This just feels very strange. And I want to get a bit of help.