i dream all night long

Moon Girl

Hello. I would like to get some answers if it’s possible.  My problem is that for nearly one year now I am feeling that I dream all night long in my sleep, for as much as I sleep I dream and that’s without a break or something and each time I am waking up, I am dreaming and when I am trying to sleep back again I can feel that my mind is automatically trying to continue the dream and at that time I can feel that I am crazy already. Honestly, this is a real problem for me as I can’t remember the last day when I have woke up feeling completely rested, I haven’t felt rested for a year now and that’s even if I am sleeping for 9 or even 10 hours straight. Even now and always I am feeling very tired and it seems to me that my brain was active all night long and I always have this feeling as the dreams, most of the times, seem to be frustrating situations and that’s so hard to deal with. I am getting dream of some thing that I need to find out some ways out of it like for example some illnesses of my family and my friends, or like being mad at my siblings, all sorts of accidents that happened to either my loved ones or even to me and all stuff like this. extremely rarely I am getting dreams that are pleasant.

I don’t have any ideas as to why this started to happen to me because in the past I used to rarely dream anything at all, however, now as I said for a year or so now, I have never felt that I have had a deep and a restful sleep.
For some months now I am having hollow eyes and cheeks because of this thing and as I said – I am always tired, I am tired all day long. This is not the end, lately, it seems to me that I am having a mild headache that is lasting a couple of hours during a day and this is happening pretty often. Pretty sure that I get it because of this problem too.

I do plan to visit a doc, however, I would really not want to be put on any medications. is there a solution, (another solution than meds) in order to treat this? also, is there somebody who has ever had this and has treated this? or maybe there are other people that are having a similar situation to mine? Anything would be very much appreciated because I’ve tried to search the internet for dreaming all nights but I’m not getting anything helpful, I’m just getting all sorts of articles of dreams and people dreaming or something in this matter. however I need something that can help me to stop dreaming. I’ve read that if you’re being very tired you are not dreaming. I am very tired and I still dream every day. thank you a lot

MBernic

hello Moon Girl. I don’t suppose that you are drinking caffeine or anything like v cans (with guarana) but still, this is a thought that came into my mind and this may be doing it if you’re daily drinking any or both of them. either way, I really think that you need to go and visit a doctor and see what he is going to tell you because waking up feeling that you are not rested is definitely not right.

about dreams, I have read somewhere that scientifically it was proven that we are all dreaming absolutely all nights when we sleep, however, generally we are not remembering all the dreams and in fact we remember very few of them, we don’t remember that we were dreaming at all. it seems that you remember for an unknown reason. We do not feel that we are constantly dreaming while we are asleep, but because you always feel it and remember it then there’s something wrong and you should really visit a doc. if you don’t want to be put on meds ask the doc what other methods can be applied in order to fix this problem. you could ask the doc to leave the meds as a last solution if nothing else helps you. I wish you good luck.

ImWrong

Hi people. that’s true that everyone do dream while they are sleeping during all the night long. I’ve also been doing a little research on dreams but I still can’t find a solution for my issue and I am not sure if I ever will… yeah, there are some dreams that are very good, there are also some dreams that are very funny as well as there are many of those dreams that are very dreadful. I know what you are talking about. My issue is that for about the past 2 years or so I have been and still suffer from a very strange condition. Every time that I am sleeping, after a little bit of time I am dreaming that I am falling from a very high place or something like that. as you all know, when we are dreaming something like this we’re always waking up *I guess that’s because we’re afraid or something* and as we all know, this is making you to wake up very uncomfortable. That’s what happening to me for the last 2 years and this is happening very often (somewhere like 9 nights from 10) and I am very tired of waking up so uncomfortable every single time when I wake up. I have tried to understand why this is happening to me but I can’t despite the fact that I have tried to research and to find a solution. Thank you…

MorgoP

From as much as I can understand this pretty much seems that you are sleeping but your mind (I guess since you’re sleeping your body doesn’t have this problem) it is not resting. am I right? at least that’s what it seems to me and if that’s true then you could try something out that would relax your mind. I mean, for an hour or so before you are falling asleep then you could try some method to relax and rest your mind, something like soft music, stretching, meditating. You could also do yoga. Generally, anything that is relaxing your mind. Can try searching in google for “mind relaxation techniques” pretty sure you’re going to find something useful. You could fall asleep under a relax music. There are a lot of them like birds singing, waterfall etc. etc. have you ever tried any of them? if you haven’t – I’m very sure that it is worth a try. Maybe you’re under a lot of stress and that’s why you cannot get your relax. Maybe you’re even having an anxiety condition that you are not even aware of. hope any of this helps. good luck.

Moon Girl

Hey there everyone. thank you a lot for your answers. I will definitely try doing those methods, Morgo, with the relaxation techniques. Really hope that you are right and that any of them would help. I will also go to the doc. I didn’t knew that I can ask him not to put me on meds if I don’t want. I will do as you said and I’m gonna ask him to let meds as a last resort. About anxiety.. I don’t know… I don’t really seem to have anxiety but.. if it’s possible to have anxiety without even knowing about it? I’ve been thinking that suffering from anxiety you know it right away. I guess that a good doc can diagnose me if that’s the case, no? I will continue trying to do researches and to find out what’s going on and how I can cure it because I can’t live with this anymore… thanks again all.