I Feel Something Strange Under Left Rib Cage

Cournine

Something really strange is happening and I don't know what is that or how to make it stop. I don't know how to name it or at least to explain, but I will try my best and maybe you'll get what I'm talking about. I have no money and no health insurance because I'm only 22 and I'm in college now and have no time for work, that is why I never consulted a doctor and I decided to give a try on searching the internet. So I feel like something is moving under the bottom of the left rib cage when I am sitting, or whenever I'm bending over to my left. I can push it against the bottom part of the rib cage with my hand and it does something like a popping against that rib. It isn't really painful but it is bothersome when I am feeling around for it. I can't feel a mass or anything though, I can feel only the bubbly thing that slightly pops out from under the rib cage. The area above the skin is somewhat more sensitive and I just feel like something is there when I'm sitting. I have no other symptoms and I have no big pain due to that. I'm sorry for bad details but I can't explain in better. If someone can help or you have some ideas what this could be, I would be really glad if you share them with me.

trackemout

Wooow, it's awesome that I found your post because I have too the EXACT same symptoms as you have described, maybe in addition I have a little of gas but I don't know if it's from it.

I know EXACTLY what are you talking about and I agree that it doesn't cause real pains, it's just bothersome and creating discomfort. I agree that it is very hard to describe to other people so they could understand. IT is like a knocking or as you said some popping against my bottom left ribs when I move in a certain way, especially when bending on my side.

Almost every time when I check it out I'm almost sure that there must be something, however I never can find or feel something there. I'm not sure what is that and sometimes I wish it could cause pain because I would know for sure that something is abnormal, but how I feel now I have to guess whether it's something wrong or no. Now I guess that I will go to a doctor to check it out but I'm trying to find some information about it before going.

I wouldn't do anything about it and won't do a such big problem because of this if it won't disturb me from my work. Whenever when I'm trying to concentrate I get the discomfort because of it and I can't. If I would knew some useful info about this I would share it with you, but...

ActivaTe

I'm in the same bot as you two because I have the same sensation, like a popping when I press right below my left rib cage and I have it for at least two years! As you have said it is not painful or something it's just creates some discomfort. I think that's why I have never been to any doctor until recently when I have told about this my friends who advices me to go immediately to a doctor. When we started to talk they have been telling me numerous diseases and issues and to be honest I have started to freak out! I was worried it was an enlarged spleen (one of the options my friends told me to be aware) but when I went to the doctor two days ago he said that it wasn't my spleen. I also asked him to check whether it is not a tumor (another of the options my friends told me to be aware) but the doctor also said that as long as it doesn't change it is not a tumor or anything like that and indeed I haven't notice absolutely any changes in this strange issue I have for these two years. He has done a blood test and told me that he will call me if he is going to find anything wrong with me. Anyway he doubts that there is something really serious. I would be really really thankful to whoever can tell me any diagnose. Maybe someone ever had this issue too? Some hints would be great!

joctal

I can also feel some sort of a thing like you are describing and I don’t really know what is that. I’m just trying to figure it out now. The first time when I’ve noticed it few months ago, I was doing squats. I remember it very well. It happened like a very painful popping for a second and then it went away but after that, whenever I moved into a similar position to that or I was doing another squat I was feeling that again and again. For a couple of weeks it stopped and I thought that maybe something happened then it healed up and that’s it but no. yesterday I felt it again while I was running up straight and I was taking deep breathes. I’m not sure but imo that has something to do with the fact that I’m arching my back straight. Doing squats requires arching my back and maintaining a posture. The point is that my upper abs are tight but my lower abs are pretty weak especially if compared to the upper ones. I think that this may be the cause of the popping since the upper abs are bearing the majority of the strain in order to keep my back in the perfect posture I need. This may lead to muscle strain, I think.

More than this, I suffered from gerd and acid reflux for a pretty long time and I have a feeling that these two can have a connection between them. Don’t you think? Is there anybody else who has ever suffered from gerd and acid reflux or I’m the only one here? Other who has this, do you feel it when you arch your back straight? At this moment I don’t have any medical insurance and I can’t go to a doctor to check this out. I would really appreciate if someone returns with a solution to this.

SimpleLinda

Similar things are happening to me, but the thing is that it does happen to me for years. Anyway, here’s what I come with after I have had this occurring on some days more than another: the conclusion is that it is either an ulcer or it is gas or something like that. I was wondering what is this for years, but now, yesterday, I had not eaten for full day (because of lack of time and etc) and at the end of my day I was very and very hungry. Later, I only drank one milkshake (while I was out) and it didn’t agreed with me. suddenly, after I have drank it, I started to have some pretty horrible gas pains and that popping thing have appeared right back. As soon as I finally have expelled the painful gases, it also went away. Maybe I’m wrong, but at least that’s what I noticed.