I get a strange cold (numb) feeling in my head

Chilly8817

Hey all. can you help me please with a strange problem I am experiencing? Please? for the last few days I have been having a very weird feeling that I cannot explain very well. It is a numb or cold feeling in the back of my head and my neck. As I said, very hard to explain… and it is a very strange feeling. From time to time this strange feeling is spreading to the top of my head too. is there somebody who is familiar with this feeling? It kinda is feeling like the blood is coming cold into my head. I would really like to talk with somebody who might know what is this and how do I get rid of it? I have never felt any sensations like this in the past and the first time it appeared I have obviously thought that it is something from the cold weather, however later I realize that in fact it is not from the weather because I can feel it everywhere regardless of where am I. I get this cold/numb feeling even in my house where it is very warm. Somebody else can relate please? I would really appreciate if you would give me some hints of what I need to do so I would not have this feeling anymore. thank you all in advance for everything. By the way, I have called my doc but he said this is the first time in his life he hears something like this. made an appointment next week…

OZBorn

Oh yeah, I do know what are you talking about because I am having the exact same symptoms as you. I have seen your post and I simply could not reply back. So, here’s my story: out of nowhere, I have been completely exhausted and I have also got a very strange feeling of hangover out of nowhere too (I have not been drinking...). well, good thing that my father is working as a physician so I went to him and he checked me out to rule out the problem. he said that he has been thinking that I am having sleep apnea and he also mentioned that my symptoms are pretty consistent with this. and yeah, my wife is surely the person who can back up that very well because of my terrible snoring. He has recommended me to try to lose some weight because this might help as he said (I am approximately 50 lbs overweight).

The very same day I have started to diet. I began to eat much healthier than in the past and I have also started jogging. So far I have a little bit of success as I have already lost about 16 lbs or so. That inexplicable exhaustion has disappeared, however the numbness is still persisting. In the back of my head I am still having that very strange feeling and I am also getting a very strange numbness that it is often spreading throughout my head to my temples, to my ears as well as sometimes to my side of my face either. This numbness feeling is very dull and annoying, I visited dentists before and I can say that this is nothing like when you are having a tooth drilled at the dentist. Either way, I was still worried about this and I have told my father about this thing once more. I have called him telling this but he suggested me to see my local physician and to possibly have a cat scan (that’s because I am living about 10-11 hours away from my parents). I have went visiting my physician so he performed a neurological exam on me and he did not found any issues. He then said that my problems are related to stress since the neurological exam is fine. and he also recommended me to continue with me weight loss program and to try reducing stress as much as I can and that I would have one more visit to him in a month. Now, about the stress, I do agree that this might be a very important thing that played a role in all this because I have surely been stressed lately. I have just initiated a new demanding job and I am working for 60 hours per week. Besides that, I am also attending graduate school in the evenings and so on and so forth. That is why I am surely stressed, no doubt. However, I am also concerned that these symptoms I am having are much more than simple stress. Either way, it is really reassuring to see that you are having the same symptoms as I do. in case you would like to talk more about this then you can send me your email or phone nr. so we could chat through whats up or viber. I would really be happy to talk with you about this. searching for a solution together might be easier and sooner. What do you think?

Tiffany

Thank you guys for posting this, this really feels good seeing that there are other people having pretty similar symptoms as I do. I am having some occasional numbness over my entire face, I mean, from my forehead to my cheeks, nose, chin as well as around my eyes. And the problem is that this numbness feeling isn’t disappearing but it is getting more and more noticeable and I’m afraid that soon it would be everything that I would feel. Like for example today it has lasted for no less than 4 hours so far. this is not like a complete total numbness, however, the feeling when the numbness is wearing off from a dentist visit. And yeah, today, for instance, was a very stressful day for me. that is why I am very stressed (and by the way I am also working out trying to lose about 60 lbs... and trying to diet) that is why I am going to work on getting calm as well (I am going to talk with my husband and with my kids about this in order to avoid some unnecessary stress for me). I really need to try to lose weight, have less stress and eat healthier. Pretty sure this would fix the problem… at least I hope.

Ardsomal

I am also having the same symptoms and I have been diagnosed as being pre diabetic, you should go and check this too, better do it. I am also 39% on the obese scale and I am suspecting that this can be n relation to or a direct factor of being obese. It can be high blood pressure that I am also having as well as the high possibility stroke rating that I am also having. Plus, you should get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on opinion in case you are thinking that there is something wrong with you. you need to keep visiting different docs and to tell them that you feel that there’s something wrong and that you need their help. trust me, you are the one who knows his or her body. you can feel it, that is why your own intuition about your body is way better than all of the docs opinions combined, they might know more about bodies in general, but not about your particular one.

I can also mention that the pains and the numbness that you are describing is pretty much related to the neuropathy which is being caused by undiagnosed diabetes (and it also could be undiagnosible for a reason or another) as well as low blood flow. You don’t even know about this but you can be suffering from the pre strokes or some mini strokes that is why you need to go and check this out. you need to rule out any issues. Personally, I would recommend each one of you to get a full cardiovascular test in which they are putting you on a treadmill for about 2 hours or so and they are testing your heart rate as well as your blood pressure periodically. And believe me there is no “I’m too young for such a test”, people of any age can have heart related problems or can suffer from diabetes. don’t listen to anybody and for your best, demand this test, regardless of your age and how you feel. It may really save your life.

Here is what I can tell you: I have also been having this weird numbness feeling each time I was waking up in the morning, needles and pins types of pains in my feet as well as in my legs that were so bad that I would fall over getting out of my bed. Healthy life and exercising really do help because as much as I noticed, in order to reduce these symptoms I have started to exercise and they did disappeared. I have been exercising 3 hours per day at the gym, you need to start light, do not push yourself like 2 hrs on the treadmill. Also, after every single dinner you need to walk around your block, this changes a lot! if you’re going to do this mandatory and you’re going to change your lifestyle you’re going to see how you won’t be having anymore health related problems.