i missed some pills and had unprotected sex

Pilpel

hi people, i'm on birth control pills, at least i was and i had unprotected sex. my story: i took my first pill (i started to be on birth control) 4 weeks ago, almost a month. first three weeks (21 days) i took the pills regularly then, when i started my 4th week pack of pills in the first day i forgot to take it. i was scared to take it again next to that and i didn't took it the entire 4th week (7 days of not taking them). i literally was on birth control for 3 weeks and then completely stopped. after a few days of missed period i got an unusual light and unusual short lasting period (no more than 3 days). what scares me is not my unusual period but the fact that i had unprotected sex in my 7th day of not taking the pill and my partener finished inside me (he thought that i'm still on birth control pills). now i really would like to know what are the chances of getting pregnant? does the 3 weeks pack of taking birth control pills help me to avoid the unplanned pregnancy? the sooner i'm going to get an answer the better it is going to be...

tameeka

Hello, so I need to tell you that you have big chances of being prengnat! I would say that you have as much chance of being pregnant as anyone else who has unprotected sex because you need to take all the birth control pills correctly as it is written or else you may as well not be on birth control pills if you're taking them from time to time only. Now I would wait two weeks after the last time I had sex or at a missed period, then I would take a pregnancy test. You need to know if you're pregnant or not for sure and then if you want, you can start a new pack of birth control but you have to use it correctly. You need to take them for at least a week before you are officially protected again. Also I would recommend you to take another form of birth control since you're having problems with taking the pill daily, it doesn't matter the reason - if you're having doubts that you're going to take the pill daily again then look for another birth control form. Moreover if you know that you're not on birth control or if you know that you've missed a pill then I advise you to use a backup method such as condoms. If you don't want to get pregnant then please be more careful and use condoms if you're usure whether you are protected or not due to the birth control pills you're taking.

pampampam

This may sound stupid for someone who has knowledge in birth controls, sex, pregnancy symptoms and so on but I don’t have it so I’m scared now, so please take 2 minutes to help me. Here is my story: My bf and I has always had sex w/o a condom because I was taking birth control pills. We went to a one day trip and I forgot to take my pill that day. This happened a couple of weeks ago but during that time we were having sex and now I’m truly concerned that I might be pregnant. I’m not sure because he did not cum inside of me, we were using pull out method for this but there was pre cum in the top of his penis. I read that pre cum also has sperm in it so I am scared that there might be a possibly that I’m pregnant now. I wouldn’t tell this if I wouldn’t have some pregnancy symptoms, but I’m not really sure about this. I have had feelings like I’m going to vomit, I am always tired and I don’t want to do anything but lay in the bed. I’m having some stomach pains and it feels like my stomach is more bloated like it is usual. Besides of this I don’t seem to have other symptoms but I guess it is enough? Or not? Should this be enough for me to be concerned about? I mention once again that he didn’t cum inside of me none a single time and we are always having sex w/o a condom so I never have gotten pregnant, but I also never had these symptoms I’m having now, or maybe I’m just paranoic? I haven’t done a home pregnant test because I doubt that it is going to show the right result because I’m taking the birth control pills, or I should take one test? Honestly I don’t think that I am pregnant because I think that the chances are really small, however I am concerned because there might be a possibility that I am anyway. I just want to ask you what are the chances of me being pregnant and what can I do to find it out so I could calm down? If you need some more details I can give you right away just please, help me!

CeLLove

Well, I have something to ask too. Please help me with everything you can. I just started to take the pill not so long ago, today it is going to be a week and 4 days since I am taking them. Even so my boyfriend and I have always sex with a condom because I'm still afraid that I can get pregnant but today we had sex again with a condom but it broke and we didn't know about this and well... he came inside of me. This scared me very much and now I don't know what to do. I have taken my pills regularly, every day about in the same time but today after that sex I took another one just in case to improve the probability of increasing the chances of being protected. I am very scared now! I know that I have to wait weeks to get a result from a home pregnancy test and I can't wait that long, my mind is going to blow until then. I want to know if this time since I'm taking the pills is enough to be protected or not. Do I have some possibilities of being pregnant? Approximately what chances do I have? thanks

Tiffany

Yes, tameeka is right. I know that if you miss just one pill then your chances of becoming pregnant are pretty high if your partner finishes inside you. But in your case, if you missed even more than one pill then you can consider that you're not on any pill anymore! So, yes tameeka is right, you should start a new pack, and I guess you know that whenever starting a new pack of protecting pills then you should wait at least one or two weeks to have unprotected sex. Go to a doctor, explain him what you've done and that you need to start everything from the start. He will explain you better what you have to do. Under any circumstances, do not take the ones you missed at once or not as prescribed in order to replenish them. It can have a negative impact on your health! In case you know or you're not sure whether you're taking your pills correctly - don't have unprotected sex (in case you don't want to become pregnant). If you can't or you don't understand how to take them just don't take! Use condoms and that's it. If you're insistent about birth control pills then (as I already said) ask your doctor to explain you better, detailed. However, I see that you haven't respond since then so I hope everything went alright. For other girls that are also interested in this thread - Don't make mistakes that you'll regret later.