I'm afraid to tell my parents that I'm pregnant - advices?

CampBell13

Hello, as you can see I’m very concerned about how I can tell my parents that I'm pregnant? I know this may sound stupid for you but it is a problem for me... I'm only 16 years old, if I would be at least with 2 years older it won't be such a big problem but... Recently I have found out about this myself, I have done a pregnancy test and it came out positive so I was very scared and went to a clinic and there the doctor said that I'm indeed pregnant. I'm 4 weeks pregnant now and I just have found out about this. I have told about this my boyfriend (the father to my child) and obviously he was shocked but said that he loves me and he won't leave me. Also we have discussed about having an abortion or not and both of us are pretty sure that we're going to keep the baby, we both want this. However, we have to tell our parents 'bout this because we don't really have a choice so now we are wondering how we can do that in the best way. Honestly I have absolutely no idea how to confront them about it or what I should say, how I should start this topic and so on. My boyfriend is only a year older than me so he doesn't know either. Before judging us that we're still children and we're doing this without thinking about consequences and so on, please think that we're going to hear all these things from our parents, this is not the reason why I wrote this topic, I just really need some answers, how to tell about this our parents without panic, screams and stress. Thank you for understanding and for your help.

cursed

I know it’s gonna be a strange question but I really don’t know what to do. Not so long ago I found that I’m pregnant too. The doc said that I’m 5 weeks pregnant. I’m only 17 years old and this is the problem. Obviously, I can’t decide what to do by myself so this is why I’m here. My boyfriend and I decided to keep the baby because I believe that abortion is murder so both of us don’t know how to explain it to our parents. I’m really scared because I can’t imagine how to do this, I just know for sure that it is going to be a shock for them. I would like to ask if there is somebody that also had this problem too and can advise us what to do? How should we tell our parents about this to avoid conflicts? Can somebody advise me something? CampBell did you already told them?? What was their reaction?

MarbleMe

Hey girls, I do understand you and I know that it’s a problem telling this.. I’m 22 years old and I have a 6 years old daughter. When I was pregnant, I was scared too so I know perfectly thru what are you going right now. I didn’t know how to explain it to my parents, especially to my father because he is very severe. After a while, my boyfriend and I discussed about this and then we decided to talk with them because as you know there’s no chance to keep it as a secret. Obviously, at first they were very angry, even though my father tried to abstain himself from not yelling at me he couldn’t. However, later, they helped me because they still love their grandchild and me too. Now I’m very happy that I have my baby and my husband near me. I think that they will understand you and will help you, with time. Even if they will get angry as my parents did, they will help you anyway, they love you and will understand your situation, because – it happens. Good luck both of you and hope you and your baby will be alright.

tameeka

Yes, it really can be a problem and that you're scared about what their reaction will be it's normal, however, they may not be too thrilled about it or maybe they will be, it depends on the sitiuation and their mood I guess. At first they may be a little bit upset or even angry but with time they will accept it and later they will help you, I'm sure about that! I also used to bring bad news to my parents all the time when I was in your age (some other news). Well, here are some ideas about how you can tell them that I hope it will help:

Well, you can sit down with your mom and dad and instead of saying that you're preggy and just wait, try to say that you and your boyfriend (BTW, your boyfriend should be near you... there... for you) are expecting a little wonder and you are asking for their help. Explain them your position and that you understand the risks, consequences and etc. Of course, its going to be hard to confront them and what they are going to tell you, I know this very well, but think that it is much better to talk with them now, earlier will be better than later. Also, if your boyfriend is there, there's a little chance that your parents won't be very harsh to you. I guess it is going to be better to tell them straight forward and later talk about your baby, your relationship with your baby's father and your future. In my opinion your parents should know it because they have been your teachers since the first day you were born and they will love you no matter what. Remember that even if they are upset on you (they have the right to be) don't flip things out and do everything worse. Also, remmber them that stress would be bad for you and your baby. I wish you sincere good luck and let me know how everything goes!

P.S. Sorry for late post, I hope it's not too late.

eagle

what a similar situation... Not so long ago I found out that I’m pregnant. I’m 5 weeks pregnant but the problem is that I’m 16 years old and obviously I can’t decide what to do by myself. My boyfriend and I decided to keep the baby the only problem is to explain it to my parents. I’m really scared because I can’t imagine how to do this. I would like to ask if there is somebody that has the same problem. What to do? How to ask about this? Can somebody advice me something?

Howchin

Hey girls, I do really understand your problem.. I’m 22 years old and I have a 6 years old daughter. When I was pregnant I was scared too. I didn’t know how to explain it to my parents especially to my father because he is very severe. At the end my boyfriend and I decided to talk with them. Obviously they were very angry with us but they helped me and now I’m very happy that I have my baby and my husband.

As the other poster said, I think that they will understand you and will help you. Even if they will get angry with you they will help you anyway, they love you and will understand your situation. Good luck and hope you and your baby will be very happy