Inbound Out of Customs - someone else has it?

Jaxon

Well, not so long ago an order of mine got sent out and everything was fine going smoothly including through the customs too. then it is clearing the customs where tracking is saying “inbound out of customs” and now it says absolutely nothing since then. Is there somebody who is experiencing the same thing lately?? It was through the NY ISC and as much as I noticed it usually goes to Jamaica, NY (or it can also go to one or 2 other nearby from time to time).

If somebody else had the same thing, any suggestions or idea on what to do here? I think it is going to snap forward to where it needs to be which is basically my regional sort facility at the very least – suddenly? I don’t know if it changes something but it is priority mail express int’l and from what I can say – once it is getting through customs, usually it is supposed to (and I say that it is almost always) delivered in about one or 2 days (or occasionally, in the worst scenario in 3 days). in case it is moving and it is not scanning a couple of the times along the way and it is close then great, however, I am now pretty concerned that it is not but I have no idea what it is just doing sitting this long after it cleared the customs and still not going to a place like usual Jamaica, NY or as I said, occasionally to one or 2 other nearby locations. In the past I have also had a few scans before that were going from customs to regional sort facility in my state that is why I really really hope that this is the case and my pack is on the way there and is going to have some update soon and the delivery is going to be like tomorrow, however, even for that this is already slower than how it was scheduled. Oh…

Is there somebody who has any thoughts upon this or maybe some similar experiences about this and can tell me more in order to bring peace on my mind? I would really appreciate it a lot!

McBrien

so, it has happened before, it is more likely a non scan at Jamaica, don’t worry. In case it is a priority intl express then it is going to be to you in 2 days from the time that it has cleared the customs and you might not have any other tracking updates until it is going to show “out for delivery”. Plus, there are cases when you might not get any updates until after it is going to come already to you and say that it has been already delivered as the next and last update. I have had packs that were missing their updates pretty often and only after I have been receiving them the updates were appearing and sometimes even some days later after I’ve been receiving them. the main thing it is that it shows “inbound out of customs” that is why it is on its way and because it is an express it is going to be there soon. as you said, it has pretty big chances that it will appear tomorrow or the following day.

plus, showing “inbound out of customs” for a few days… in case any of these days were not business days then they might not be days that you could count into the total delivery day. I think this is why most of the vendors are always saying “the delivery is going to be in xxxx amount of business days”. business…

also, I need to make one more and final note here, packs are still moving during the weekends and pretty often they are moving a long way over those 2 days that is why it does not mean that your pack simply sits there somewhere during these 2 days Saturday and Sunday. Maybe this would help, I wish you good luck!

Hodd1969

Agree with the last user that you should not be worried because customs is really the only place out there where a package might be seized and as soon as it is clearing customs then remember that it is needing a warrant in order to open it so… there are sometimes when it could take one or 2 extra days and mainly depending on where you exactly live (rural versus cities, the distance from POE, the timing of the clearance and so on), however, as long as your pack it is being addressed in the proper way then scan or no scan, you are going to get it, or at least you should. Just remember that even though you might be right that it takes in the worst scenario 3 days for it to get to you, sometimes it can take even more. who knows what happened? Maybe they forgot it and found it a day or 2 later, maybe they had some technical problems. humans are working there.

And yeah, USPS from time to time are losing mails (even though that’s not so frequent), however, they are not often losing express mail. In fact, very rarely, I personally haven’t heard of any express mail being lost. It will get to you – less stress, more health.

Coleman

Hahaha, I have been talking about this with my friend just today a couple of hours ago and now I see this post. I have been telling him that my package went from “inbound out of customs” right to my door with absolutely no updates in between them and I think in about 3 days or so. The pack I received yesterday. Also an recent order. Pretty sure the same is going to happen to you. nothing to be worried about. Hodd is right, humans are working, something might happen. Just have faith and less stress. GL.

frompleat

Oh yeah, the exact same thing has happened to me too, 2 times in the past few months so I know what are you talking about but I also join others saying that there’s nothing you need to be worried about. Totally skipped Jamaica scan and local sort center scan. However, the very next day my pack has arrived approximately 15 min later after I have got a scan that it has arrived at my local P.O. I do understand you well because I have been worried too when the first time it has happened to me. I have also been thinking that it has been somewhere lost in the NY or somewhere else. the point is that being lost wasn’t my plan at all, lol. However, I’ve been searching for information in the entire internet place and especially on shipping and tracking discussions and some people gave me the skinny on how often the scans can get skipped and about 99 % of the time this is what is the problem. that’s what they told me. and that’s how it exactly was. This is why I think that most likely your package is going to show right in front to your door in the next 3 or so days. I can bet $100 that within a week it is going to show, but pretty sure even sooner (I just don’t want to lose my $100, haha).

NewTrendy

Have you ended up getting up your package already? No updates, we’re worried about you :) also, if you don’t mind me asking this, before it has been saying “Out of customs” did you get a tracking that that has been saying “inbound into customs”?

Personally I have not ordered anything that have went through ISC NY in more than a year now and I am never getting this tracking line on whatever my orders are through ISC LA. That is why, I am not really only wondering and hoping that “inbound into customs” is a usual thing to see, no? I really hope that it does not mean that my package has been or it is just about to be intercepted… no?? I’m not such an expert in these things but I’ve been wondering that maybe I will get some help here. I didn’t wanted to start a new topic so I’ve just joined your discussion guys. some help please?

Well, guys, can you tell me if I need to be worried please?? any of you guys know? McBrien, Hodd1969, Coleman, frompleat?? Thanks in advance.

Coleman

Yeah, that’s very normal. It is going “inbound into customs” having no time stamp

'inbound out of customs” with time stamp. Then one simply showed up at my door and the other one went to Jamaica, NY in the first place. Anyway, I guess the final result counts no? so both of them has arrived safe and sound. I would suggest you not to worry, try not to worry… I do understand that it is scary and worryingly, however, this is normal, you shouldn’t be so afraid. just think about your every day business

McBrien

Hey there New Trendy, it is always showing “inbound into customs” – don’t worry. And after that they are holding your pack for an unknown amount of time before it is going to update and say “inbound out of customs” which is going to mean that it has already cleared customs and the next stop it is going to have is going to be one of the sort centers which doesn’t last that much but as it is being said depending on where exactly you are located.
In case the last tracking update is being hold at “inbound into customs” it could just be the last track that it is being made and it could continue its way (all of it) to you without any more tracking updates. However, there is still the possibility that it is really being held up into customs and there is no way to find this out this mostly depends on the length it seems to be there. most of the time.

However, talking about this more descriptive… I need to say that there is no exact time limit on how long a pack cold be held in customs because those people might keep them for as long as they need without nobody telling them a word. Mostly it depends on your luck because it could be there anywhere between only a few hours to forever like for example if it’s being seized or they simply lost it (and I’ve been thinking that I’m pretty sure that sometimes, somebody is putting their dirty hands on them and they declare it being lost). That is why I think that there is not point even start predicting.

However, in case the last update is showing “inbound out of customs” as it shows to Jaxon then this is even much better, because, in essence this is letting you know that your package has cleared the customs (it is no more in customs) which means that the biggest hurdle has been already jumped and as it has been said here: 99,99 % chances that you are going to get it. maybe this would help. I wish you good luck!

Hodd1969

You also should remember that ISC is not customs. “inbound” means that the package is coming IN the US, it is the opposite to the “outbound” which means that the pack is leaving the US, we are having both customs here.

ISC scan only means that the pack has landed in the US and you don’t need to worry, once again, ISC is not customs. In to customs, out of customs – does not always appear on registered mail packages and on some occasions it skips EMS packages either.

I would suggest you not to take that tracking so literal and hard. Try to think about it with less stress, I do know very well that people are getting very anxious over IOP packages, however, in case it would be a simple sweater or something in this matter then most likely you would not be picking apart every letter of the tracking, am I right? I’m not rude, I am telling you this with a smile on my face and I’m just trying to make you understand that you shouldn’t be anxious at all. stay calm, everything’s going to be alright. think of it as about a sweater) good luck.

NewTrendy

Thank you very much both of you! you’re really good people! I have been ordering from IOPs for a couple of years now until this moment and I had somehow never seen that Inbound Into Customs thing, can you imagine? I have always got only the ISC tag and then, commonly on to the sorting center which is nearest the ISC. And I have had it with very and very much of my packages. And yeah, I have to admit that pretty usually (nearly all the time) I am watching this tracking like I’m a hawk or something. That’s true. But the point is that I find it pretty strange that so much time I’ve been ordering and so many orders and I’ve been always watching it but I have never ran across it, how can it be??

And by the way, Hodd, to be sincere I would probably be. I could be pretty neurotic about knowing the approximate arrival dates or times along with the efficiency of the route and in this way I could avoid some inefficient things in the future. Anyway, thank you once again both, I really appreciate that you’ve taken your time to respond me, I’m going to try to calm myself and I’ll be waiting for it!