is gluten free diet efficient?

Shearer

Hello everyone, I would like to start a gluten free diet, and before this I asked some people about this diet, I’ve tried to ask only those who actually used it. Some of them told me that it really works and that help a lot to detox their body as well as to lose some weight, other said that actually there are some other types of diet that they consider that can help more than these to be healthier and to lose more weight.

I’m a little bit confused about this situation and I would like to clarify everything as I don’t know what to do. I would like to know more about this diet, and to collect more info, as much as it possible. Can you tell me the advantages or disadvantages please? Maybe there is something else that I should know about it? Or all the possible info that can help me to understand better this diet and to choose the right option for me. is there some of you who actually have used this diet and can tell me more? what I need to know?? I know that people are different so this means that different diets are working differently for each individual which means that this diet might work for somebody better or worse than it would work for me. but I still want to know more about it so I can keep my diet plan normally so in this way I would know for sure if it works for me or no after I would try it. maybe you know some other diet plans that are better than this one. if this is unsuccessful for me then I could try some others. Anything can be helpful!

Tplus

hello! This is really a good question; usually I recommend introducing a gluten free diet just if you have gluten intolerance. It’s true that it can detox your body but actually it can also harm your body because you eliminate a type of product from your life that is very important and that influence your body’s activity. I tried this diet some time ago and I didn’t liked it, I wasn’t able to avoid all the foods that it was required that’s why I switched to Mediterranean diet as I think this is one of the best or even the best diet out there. this is the diet that I have already recommended to 2 persons here asking for a good diet plan so I am recommending it to you too. you can search here on the forum about this diet more information and you’ll see it. you can also search for more info (if you like it) online.

Anyway, I don’t want to judge people that like to stay on the gluten free diet, but I don’t consider that this is a diet that should be used in order to lose weight. This is a diet that was created for those who have some celiac disease and that aren’t tolerant to gluten and that’s it, so I assume that you’re not having this disease or something similar to it then it is a mistake being on this diet, but that’s only my opinion.

Anyway I’ll try to share with you the allowed and prohibited food in order to make you understand the general portrait of the diet.  I don’t know how about you, but this is of the most important points that I search before starting a diet, because when I see what kind of food I can eat I can make a conclusion about the diet and I can understand if then I can switch to this diet or if I have to search for another one.

One of the things why I love this diet is because it introduce it the part of allowed foods a lot of vitamins and minerals (healthy foods). (Fresh beans, seeds and nuts, fresh eggs and a lot of vegetables and fruits.) Also is allowed to introduce some meat such as fish and poultry better to cook them without oil or additional bad ingredients. If you want to see your diet working then remember that you have to use all the food in the most natural way possible. Most diary foods are also allowed, but I think that it will be better to cut out the fat from diary foods, they are not so healthy as some of people consider, and usually people that use high fat diary observed that they can’t achieve the goals that they wanted to achieve like staying healthy and losing weight.

Of course the fat has to be consumed, it’s essential for our health, skin, hair, nails, blood and brain. If you work intensively, with different types of documents or something like this then you have to know that you need a lot of omega 3, to reinforce your mind and brain health, that is why nuts and seeds are your brain best friends.  Another important thing is the fish; I love to experience with different fish, and I love to change them every week because they are very healthy and because they provide a lot of benefits for our whole body.  I’ll link also another food mix that usually is allowed in gluten free diet. (Amaranth, Arrowroot, con and cornmeal, gluten-free flours, quinoa, rice, tapioca, teff, soy and etc). you have to understand that not all the food that you find with inscription “gluten free” are really like this, remember that some of them can contain a very low percentage of gluten. This is important mostly for those who decided to switch to this diet because of health problems.

The types of food that are avoided are important too. If you love some of them, or if even you can’t live without eating some of them, then better to search another diet, here’s the list of those that are NOT allowed: malt, alt flavoring, malt vinegar, rye, wheat also include foods like durum flour, farina, graham flour, kamut, semolina, spelt. There are some of foods that have to be avoided if they don’t have the label on in “gluten free”: beer, breads, cakes and pies, candies, cereals. Wafers, cookies, crackers, matzo, salad dressing, rice mixes, seasoned slack food, soups and soup based vegetables in different sauces.

This is the part of the diet that makes me feel sick and that makes me understand that I wouldn’t be able to stay on this diet more than a month and I’ve even tried it and I proved it to myself. I don’t know about your geographical position, but in my country is very difficult to find out shops with gluten free products. If you find some of these products they are very expensive and I can’t afford this type of food, I can’t add this to my life style mainly because of financial reasons.

It’s very difficult for me not to eat at least one cookie in a week; I love very much candies and sweets and sometimes I just feel like I need a piece of a candy or a cookie, in these moments I just can’t search for gluten free products. Anyway this was my opinion about the diet, for some of you this can be considered as something  useless, but I think that this is a part of a diet that should be known by those who want to start.

Before starting a diet you have to understand all the positive and negative factors, you have to balance your power and your ability to maintain the diet. On this forum you can find many other types of diets, and many other recommendations, you can find more and you can read some additional information for you. When I was younger I did a big mistake, because I have tried a lot of diets and all the time I turned back to my initial problems. having all that said, this is why I now think that Mediterranean diet is one of the best. I have already recommended it to other people and I will still continue to do so. This is one of the very few diets that makes me feel really good, lose weight and feel healthy while I think that this diet is very bad for our body, and I really hope that the diet that you’ll chose will become your day to day life style. It’s very important to have a long run diet and to forget about short diets that promise you miracles. If you want to have a beautiful body all your entire life then please follow these recommendations. There isn’t a short diets, they only help you to lose weight in a very short period of time FOR a very short period of time in an unhealthy way. A diet should be a life style, a way of living. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who cannot really understand this and I find this to be pretty sad. Hope you’re not one of them and I also hope that I helped you somehow. I wish you good luck in whatever you would do.