low blood pressure in the gym!

kimmy43

Can’t live anymore like this, please help me. I feel so sick and tired that I can’t feel like I’m a normal person. I’ll try to explain my situation and I really hope that somebody will understand and will help me at least with something. Everything started some months ago when I started to have a lot of headaches, dizziness and fatigue. I didn’t know what could it be and why I have had this so many times. Usually I started to have it during my gym classes while I was exercising and it continued till I went to bed and it didn’t passed until the next day I woke up. So I decided to do my blood test in order to find out if there is something wrong or not and my test was okay, so this situation put me on thoughts what could it be, why I felt so bad and what should I do about it. I wanted to do gym classes for many years, and before this moment I wasn’t ready and I always was busy with my family and with my kids and now that they are a little bit older I decided to start my gym again, I was dreaming about it so long and I hate the thing that I have to feel so bad and that I can’t do any exercises. Usually I just start to do my exercises and after some minutes I start to feel bad. The last time I started to feel bad when I was on my second machine and the first thing that I felt was dizziness. After this I started to feel like having nausea and I was wondering maybe I have eaten something wrong or something like this but it wasn’t impossible, I remember all the things that I have eaten and I know that I have eaten just good healthy foods so that’s why this is impossible – no fast foods or fried foods. After this I started to think that maybe I’m pregnant again and maybe when I do some physical exercises it makes me feel sick. Okay it was important, I checked out this thing and I found out that everything was okay, I continued to search the reason I felt like this and after some months I found out that actually this happens because during the gym sessions my blood pressure is becoming lower and I start to feel very bad. Now, I can’t practice my gym classes anymore, I tried some times to do it again, I hoped that maybe there will be at least one hour when I’ll be able to do my exercises without having big problems, but all the time I tried to this I started to feel that horrible feeling again.
I would like to find out what could I do about it and how to treat it? Maybe there is something that can help me to take care about the blood pressure at least for the time I’m in the gym, so please help me with this problem, I know that maybe this is not so serious comparing to some other problems that people talk about here but this is very important for me and I really want to practice my gym classes again! I’m tired of having it and I was dreaming about going to gym for a long time. now that I started to go, my dreams are still not becoming reality. Thank you very much in advance.

LayL

I have had the exact same thing that you have now but I have gone through it, and I think that I’m able to help you or at least I’ll try to do this. When I found out about the blood pressure the first thing that my doctor said is that I have to stop going to the gym, I was so angry about this, angry because I knew that I couldn’t do the thing that I wanted to do anymore. During some weeks I tried to do some exercises at home and I tried to change my workout routine, I felt sick but I wanted to do this so much that I continued through the pain and sickness. You know, some of my relatives told me that I’m crazy and that I can develop some serious problems, but I tried and you know, this really functioned. I talked with my doctor again and I explained everything that I’m done. He wasn’t happy about my decision but he was happy that this actually worked on me, he gave me the permission to return but the only thing that he told me is that if I want to do it, is to go to cardiologist if this is going to happen again. I still can’t explain why this is happening to me, I asked my doctor for an explanation and the only thing that he was able to say is that this is the way my body works, and there is no explanation for this thing, it is something that happen to some people and this is the way the body reacts to some changes, unfortunately he couldn’t explain more. After some weeks I started to feel that sickness again and I decided to talk with the cardiologist maybe in order to see if there are some heart problems. I have had some tests, the echocardiogram as well as the stress test and he told me that everything was okay. I was really happy to hear this thing, even if I have had blood pressure I was happy that I didn’t had some problems with my heart. My cardiologist suggested me to put me on a beta blocker but it didn’t help me at all as I couldn’t see any improvements.
I visited also the electropshycologist, don’t ask me why I just did the thing my doctor said.

so in conclusion I can say that I have passed over so many tests and doctors and I didn’t found anything at all, I suppose that my doctor was right and that this is maybe something that maybe body developed in order to protect me, this is a reaction that my body thinks it’s protecting me. I don’t know. I understand you very well. I would like to work out without any problems too, and having fun with my friends, but unfortunately I can’t do this thing. Now, I don’t practice any sport, I’m not searching for any tests, I mean I’m not doing any tests but I’m still searching for something to know what can I do in order to improve my body movements without having so much pain and sickness. Hope that I’ll find something, I’ll try to take everything under control and if I would ever find something new I would share this to you. Have a nice day, and good luck!