Lump/Knot On Thigh

Prunt1Prunt2

Well, for some month already I have a painful lump or I can say knot on my thigh. I don't remeber to get hit or to have an injury that could generate its apparition. At first it was certainly smaller than it's not and I don't remember it first weeks to be as painful as now is. It doesn't move or from time to time to disappear, it constantly remains there and it's getting just bigger and bigger and more painful. As it wasn't getting me any troubles, first time I didn't pay any attention thinking it's going to disappear by itself how it appeared - I was not so lucky how I supposed to be. Only few days ago I went to a doctor and he said that this knot is alike a tumor. That is why I'm scared to death! Now I have to wait for the results and he said that I need to do a MRI scan also - in few days I will go for it. I have also some back pain for few weeks and it scares me even more because I read somewhere that it can be a symptom of cancer. I regret now that I let it stay there so much time without asking a doctor what is that and now "bad cells" could spread all over my body. Anyone had a similar problem? I am in real danger? any insight is thankful!

prettyme

Hello there Prunt, it's been more than two months since you posted that so I'm wondering how you're doing now? I also have a lump in my left thigh so I'm going to be really thankful for your reply. I'm not very sure but it seems that I have it for a really long time already - maybe 7 months but maybe more. It doesn't give me any pain and it doesn't really bother me but my family is worried about it - much worried than me, lol. Now this lump got noticeable larger and my family forced me to visit a doctor and I've had a MRI these days - what are your results from MRI? I have always heard about lumps in breasts but never in the thigh so this is strange for me. Maybe someone else can give me some answers please? any help and any insight would really be appreciated. Prunt if you have some time, please share your story. Have a nice day and hope its nothing serious.