Mirena IUD

Julieta

Hi and good day admins, readers and supporters. My name is Jennifer and I want to ask something about Mirena IUD. So here is my story: I am 28 years old and for the last 2 years or maybe a little more I am using this Mirena IUD birth control. I never knew that it is there because I was never able to feel it, I only knew that it’s there because doc said that the strings are there (I went about 5 or 6 time to my doctor just to check if the strings are there). These days I tried to find my strings again but still can't feel anything in there and my only thought about this is that they got way up in there. My problem started couple of weeks ago when I started to experience sort of like a hot flash. I want to say that my body is like on fire then after some time it cools off again and then I’m having nausea for the rest of the day until I go to sleep. I’m having nausea every day and trust me I am so tired of it! I may have some abdominal pains but I cannot say that for sure. Just in case I have done home pregnancy test but the result was negative. I don’t even know if the tests are reliable while on Mirena IUD. Is there any other user of this brand Mirena IUD? And if someone can say if you can get pregnant while on it would be great! I will wait for your responses!!!

sofa66

Hello there, I'm also using mirena IUD and I'm having it for a year now and I haven't had any symptoms until a month ago when I kind of started to feel something strange. Well, I started to have some pregnancy symptoms such as unexplained cravings for food, my breasts are much tender than usual, I'm always moody and I have middle low back pain. I do believe that chances of getting pregnant while on mirena IUD are very low but I know that it is not impossible to get pregnant!!!!!! In fact there is still a chance that you can even get pregnant with condoms or other birth control. As you I couldn't feel or find the strings and I went to the doctor. She said that indeed I should not feel or find them. To be honest I was a little bit worried because of this and I asked for an ultrasound to check if they are still there. They have done the ultrasound and told me that the strings are still there and then I told them about my pregnancy symptoms. She said that she cannot see any pregnancy symptoms but I still can be pregnant because it's too early for them to see anything so she suggested me to come back few weeks later for another ultrasound in case if I still have the symptoms. Today I went and I have done a blood test to check if I'm pregnant, the results would be in few days, they said that will call me. I really hope this mirena IUD is helpful and it protects well from unplanned pregnancy and it's just me who got the symptoms from stress and too much thinking!!! You have some updates for me? Did you found out something?

Skye1300

Hi people, here is my story and if someone can give me some hints upon this I would be very thankful! I got the Mirena put in after having my second child two years and a half ago. The strange this is that I only had 2 periods following post Mirena. I decided to took a pregnancy test because I wasn't sure that it is working properly when my 3rd period never came, the result to thaat period was negative. A month later when I was supposed to get my 4th period it also never came. When the 3rd period didn't come I thought that it should be so because of the Mirena, but after the 4th month I went and I asked a doctor about this. I explained her everything telling that I'm a bit concerned that something is wrong. She just replied that I'm one of the lucky ones and I should not be worried. She said that it is possible to have your period stopped prior to a year after insertion. For the last two years and a half, even if I get all the symptoms of getting a period I never actually had it. I got used to this, however 6 months ago my periods started all again and they are very very irregular, even more irregular that they were before. I'm concerned now that I'm pregnant and that's why I'm here trying to understand what is going on. I'm thinking about that because I'm three weeks late for my period (even if it's irregular 3 weeks it's too long) and I'm having other pregnancy symptoms. Could it be? Maybe my body got used to the Mirena and it is not effective? Or I don't really know but I would like to get some answers! I don't really want to get a pregnancy test because I'm scared of the answer I can get. I understand this sounds strange but....

Paula

Hey people, I see that you’ve posted a long time ago with no updates. Please, I need some. This is my first mirena IUD I have had and I had it almost one year ago (10 months). The thing is that the past week I have been feeling pretty weak and pretty nauseated as well as cranky. Much more than before. Noticeable more. Not so long ago I have taken a home pregnancy test and it showed positive, I really hope that it is not true. I have a hope that it showed positive whether because it is the test broken (or who knows) or because I have mirena. Either way, I guess (regardless of the result) that I would stop using it after I will find out everything.