Morning stomach pains

Refes1989

Hi everyone. I have a problem that it’s somehow hard to deal with. I have lower abdomen pain, in the lower front area every single morning. This constant stomach pain hurts for some hours in the morning then the pain simply goes away. Then next morning I have it again and so on. The pain is not always the same, some mornings it can be just annoying but there are mornings when it hurts really bad. I noticed that food is lowering the pain, when I don’t eat it hurts like hell and also I’ve noticed that when I get plenty of hours of sleep and don’t wake up in the morning but later the pain is not as bad as in the morning. That is the reason I don’t get up my bed in the mornings and I’m late at work. I’m 25 years old male with no known health problem so I really don’t know what is happening to me. I’ve already visited a doctor few times and I’ve done a bunch of tests. They also have done the procedure when they stick a tube down my throat to see what’s in there.  They looked up for several things and nothing came back. The only thing they said is that I don’t have ulcers and nothing else useful they didn’t said. I’m already sick of it so thanks in advance anyone who will give me at least a hint to what I have or better how to treat it and to escape this morning hell. Best wishes

Bulk2010

Hello everyone,

I've had this problem every morning for years now and I still don't know what to do about it! I'm 21 years old male and it's quite difficult for me to be a good student having this. Every morning I'm forced to get up and if the pain isn't so bad I get at the first lesson and do absolutely nothing just suffering this pain. Only when I eat between first and second lesson the pain is slowly disappearing. That is why I keep food or water by my bed so I can grab it if the pain wakes me during the night or too early, and I eat immediately after waking up so I can resist the pain. I feel like someone is punching me in my upper stomach or in lower esophagus and sometimes I get really dizzy and both of them together. After I eat the pain and dizziness is going away quickly and usually it doesn't bothers me the rest of the day, but anyway, once in a while I get it during the day. I always had the same eating habits so I know for sure that this problem isn't related to what I eat and I didn't change my sleeping habits so I don't know what to think! I've been to doctors also who said nothing. They said that I probably have gas and it will disappear soon. I have it for years, how soon it will disappear??

I'm really sorry that there are people suffering from the same problem as I do, but I feel somehow better because of this. I also would like to have some answers and hope that we're going to get them. Best wishes!

Yae2

Hello, I'm a female teenager (17 years old) and for the last couple of weeks I have the same symptoms as you described, stomach pains in the morning. Sometimes it's just a little annyoing, but there are days when I get terrible, awful pains. I don't know for sure what is causing this, but when I've searched a little on the internet about this I found out that it could be from stress or depression (even though I don't know how they can be connected with each other). Well I agree with this statement because I do have some kind of stress due to last days of school. These weeks I was worried and stressed out, and I'm still worried because school isn't finished but I need to have good marks at the exams. For the last couple of days the pain is getting worse and worse and it's so bad that I barely can resist. I really hope all this is going to end when I'm going to finish all exams and the school. I have these pains in my lower stomach that to me feel almost like really bad cramps when I have my period. I also noticed that the pains is much worse when I don't have enough sleep and when I wake up early in the morning but eating something is helping me and the pain goes away. I don't have any changes in my diet, I don't have any changes at all lately, but the exams which are close now. I'm thinking that it could be gas, but I don't know for sure and I don't know what to do if it is so. I thought about going to a doctor but if the pain is not constantly and I can find a remedy when eating then I think he will ask me what I want in this case. However I want to know how to stop these morning pains because I need to be in good shape at school at the exams and I don't really want to have them in summer. I really hope that someone will help me out.

flacor

Stomach pains upon awaking can have several different causes. If you do have an ulcer, I personally think that it is a stomach and not a small intestine ulcer because the stomach ulcers sometimes can be worse in the mornin. If you have the stomach ulcer you have to feel like gnawing pain in your mid to upper abdomen that can be quite horrible, the worst thing is that you have described something similar to this. I just don't really know why doctors can't diagnose it. However a doctor may also need to get a test for blood in your stool because ulcers can bleed sometimes. What I am worried about most is a stomach or small intestine peptic ulcer because I know that it is harder to find it and it is harder to treat it. Diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease can cause pain in the lower abdomen, but this is usually associated with diarrhea but you haven't mentioned this. Anyway I doubt that I can help you in this way so go and see your primary care physician and let him take a more detailed history of your stomach pain and perform an abdominal exam as well as other tests that should be done. Also keep in mind from now on: DON'T EVER save money when it comes to your health and your life! Money is made to be spent and what is the point to make them if you're not feeling well? Do everything necessary to treat it! This is for all further health issues!

emilia22as

Hello there everyone! I'm also 21 years old and I also have the same issue for about one year. Well, I never considered it as a major problem in the beginning, I thought that it is going to go away by itself with time but it doesn't so I finally decided to do something about it for about one month. Honestly, I'm already tired of having awful pains and cramp in my upper abdomen area every single morning with out fail as soon as I wake up. I have tried many things just to get rid of the pains but nothing works out. At first I searched a little bit over the internet and I found people saying that food and water can help to ease theese pains. Well, I have tried to put water and food near my bed so in the morning I can eat and drink right in my bed right after I woke up. No relief. I have added something like trying not to eat too late and again no relief. I have also tried to eat a lot right before I go to bed but once again nothing seems to work. It seems that nothing with food and water doesn't help me. Then I decided to go to a doctor and I was sure that finally I will get some help. I didn't. That doctor is a complete a**hole! When I brought it up to my doctor and explained that nothing seems to work on me and explained that these pains are continuing for one year he simply put all of it on mentrual pains! Come ON! I do know the difference between my menstrual cramps and these inexplicable pains! He didn't even checked anything, he just put his “majestic” diagnose without a test or something… Well… the only thing that is truly helping me is marijuana. Somehow it helps me to ease those pains and I'm not really sure how it does it. Anyway I'm thankful that at least something is helping me out. Good luck everyone and I really hope that each one of you will find out how to get rid of these pains and if one day you will know the answer then please let me know it too.

LeHestake

Hello there Emilia and everybody else. I also do smoke marijuana as well as cigarettes too and not sure if this has something to do with our problem as I am also having this issues. I’m a 26 years old male that is constantly waking up in the morning with extremely bad stomach pains and doesn’t know what to do to cure it. I have it every single morning and it goes like that for the last a couple of months, 3 months at the least but maybe even more. the first few days I thought that this is nothing that would go away, but it haven’t since then. At it ruins my life. I don’t even want to wake up in the morning no more. I also need to mention that my eating habits have not changed at all, they are the same as used to be one year ago where everything was fine, as well as my sleeping habits (exactly the same) and generally my regularity has not changed at all (I mean that I am taking a big poop every morning). I need to mention that I am having depression in my life but I am not diagnosed as I don’t want to be medicated (I believe that brain disturbing meds are not good…) I am having anxiety as well which is also not diagnosed. In fact, from time to time I think about getting some and try, but I simply can’t as I am not having a health insurance (thanks USA for this and your high sky prices).

Anyway, I have been smoking cigarettes most of my life and I am also not a stranger to binge drink occasionally, and I am also smoking weed almost every damn day. I have been thinking that there were the starting symptoms and signs of having an ulcer but most likely it is not. I guess that if there would be enough of us that is having the same issues then they would have done a free study on this. however… unfortunately in this country nobody is giving a damn fu*k about you in case you’re having a serious medical issues and you’re unable to pay for it. and it doesn’t really matter what’s the issue and what are you suffering from and it’s severity. You don’t have money – go and die there alone and don’t disturb nobody.

This thing is very hard to deal with, and that’s sad, not only for me but for millions of people out there exactly like me (or even worse than me) who are having a medical issue and they are also not receiving any help because they don’t have enough $...