My 3 month son won't sleep in the crib

Mommy100

Hello! Can someone give me some advices please? I really find it hard dealing with my 3 month son when it comes to get him into his crib or on the bed for sleep. We're trying very hard to get him in his crib every night and every day but nothing seems to work. He just keeps falling asleep only in my arms or right next to me or his dad, sometimes in his swing. Whenever he falls asleep and I put him in his crib within 5 minutes he's waking up screaming for us. I've tried that numerous times but every single time he's waking up. I'm totally out of ideas what I can do about it. We even get so far with this that he was black under his eyes and they were swollen because of little sleep he had, but still is waking up if he in the crib. I don't know if someone else has this problem but I never have seen something like that. Anybody else has this problem? If someone knows how to deal with this and how to put him to sleep in his crib please help! I'm a little aware because of this! It wouldn't be such a problem and we could sleep with him all the time, but within a month we have to leave him with the babysitter and that's going to be a real problem. He won't sleep the entire time with the babysitter. I would try any idea you have, any hint or advice that might be a solution for this sleeping problem we have. Please help us! Thanks everyone!

JayDen

I know exactly what you are talkig about! I have the very same problem and nothing seems to work! We just can't make him sleep in his crib!! My son is 4 months and he totally refuses to sleep alone! Now we forcibly, with BIG problems, put him to sleep because he won't do it by himself. He can fall asleep by himself if he is VERY and REALLY tired but within few minutes he's up again. However he is sleeping if we're with him, if no then it's impossible. I have tried very and very and VERY hard to get him to sleep in his crib separately from us but still nothing is working out! I know how hard it is but I still don't know why he can't sleep in the crib. First days we were thinking that he was hungry, or the crib isn't comfortable enough or the crib was too cold for him and it seems that none of them is the answer because we have been sure that he was fed enough, put pillows and blankets all over the crib so that he would feel comfortable and to be warm enough. I guess that he just feels somehow if we are near him or not. His crib was in his separate room but we moved it into our room and nothing, then I decided to trick him so I took the rail off of his crib, put his crib near to our bed, right next to it and put a matress between them, I know that they can't roll, but just in case. It seemed to work and he could sleep few days in it before we put the rail back and separate it from our bed. Right after we have done this the problem was right back. Now when we lay him down and he is waking up we don't talk to him or pick him up we just pat his bottom until he falls back asleep. This seems to work but not every time and not for long time enough, well maybe he will get used to this method and will sleep normally. At least I hope so. Well I'm sorry that I don't have any extraordinary ideas but I really hope that at least something is going to help you out. Try both of these ideas and maybe something is going to work out? Good luck and may the sleep be with you and your son :)