My eyes hurt!

Alex21

Hi, I need help and if there is someone able to do this then I would be deeply thankful to him or her. So my name is Alex, I'm 21 years old and generally healthy but I have this eye disorder. I'm having an odd pain in my eyes for about two weeks or so and I can't find some useful info on this topic. I don't know why, maybe only few people have this kind of problem? I went to my doctor but he said that there's nothing he can do about it, he said that I should NOT experience pain from my little bad vision. I do wear glasses, however he said that even without them I shouldn't have any pains and my glasses doesn't have nothing to do with these pains. They occur whenever I move my eyes to the far right, far left, or all the way up or down I can feel a hearty pain to the back of my eyes and my lower forehead. That is why I don't feel it 24/7, but it's annoying anyway. I'm thinking that this might be eyestrain but I'm not sure about that. The pains it's not debilitating or anything like that. I truly want to get rid of these pains and I believe that it is possible, I don't believe that it can be incurable. I really would like to know how to do that, so please help me with this problem of mine. One more time, thank you in advance

achity

Hello Alex, how are you doing? I am experiencing the exact same thing as you described right now so I am also looking for some information about this in hope to find something. My lower forehead and my sockets hurt whenever I move my eyes up or to the side and this somewhat scares me. My first thought also was that it is due to eyestrain and reading your post I'm even surer that it is due eyestrain. I don't know how much you spend in front of a computer but due to my profession I have to spend a lot. I also stay at home etc. and I think this is what caused our pain. I'm not sure. This is the first time it has ever felt like this that is why I don't know what I should do about it. Now I'm curious how long is this pain going to last and if it will ever go away in case I ignore it. Let me know if you find any how to treat it and I will do the same. I'm planning to stop using the computer for few days and I hope that it will go away but additional answers is going to be greatly appreciated.

i know how you guys feel because i have the same annoying and strange pain. seriously, i have the same problem for about two weeks or a little more now and i want to get rid of it. when i move my eyes more than just a little in any direction (in up, down, left, or right) i am getting this awful and extreme pain in the back of my eyes and in my forehead. i am not really sure about you guys but i also noticed that i am getting a little bit of lightheaded after this is happening. generally i am a healthy guy, i am only 17 so i don't understand why i have it so young. i have never had problem or issues with my eyes before and obviously i have never thought that i'm going to have them now. this also has been causing extremely bad headaches. my worst experience about this (and probably in my entire life) i got when i thought that these pains are caused by just a sore muscle or something like that. i regret now what i have done next: i tried to endure all that pain i got when i have moved my eyes as far as i could in all the directions for about few minutes each. i don't recommend you to do the same! trust me! i got the worst headache i have ever experienced, it was really and really painful and after that my eyes become red and sore. even though i have tried for few days to find some useful information about these symptoms i have no luck so far. does anybody know anything helpful? i know that there is a cure for this but i don't know why we can't find it. i'm begging you to provide with at least some hints because i am so tired of almost constant headache and pain all the time. please people, what can i do about it?

Seemorger90

i have the same sort of thing it is just a little different and i also think that it is eye strain! for the last week when i move my right eye side to side or up and down it hurts, and only my right eye. don't really know why. i never put something in it, didn't have any accidents or somethin like that. since i'm having this pain the pain was never that bad and didn't get worse in time or somethin, it is just bothersome having it because it is persistent and it wouldn't go away. i also thought that it is eye strain and since yesterday i pot my glasses on, usually i don't wear them but my eyes actually feel better, and reading your opinions i am just even more surer that it has something to do with eye strain. i was at a doctor a little less than a year ago and he told me that i can wear glasses all the time but mainly only to see the things far away. i'm not used to wear glasses so i didn't put them. however i know that the eyes should be dry and red if it's eye strain but after that i thought that i'm not having these symptoms because i'm initially with the eye strain so now i'm almost sure that it is it. as many here i'm also using computer a lot, for the last 4 or even 5 years i'm spending at least 4 hours in front of the computer daily so i assume that this is the reason of our pain. i'm going to try to fix this up :):):)

KaterineHill

Oh yes, I have had the exact same symptom: that painful eye movement. in fact, this is the only symptom that I got, however it kept to get worse and worse as time passed. I went to the doctors and 2 of them as well as an optometrist said that what I am having is eyestrain, however I was thinking that this is not true. After a little bit of 4 months of having this thing, my eyes got in a way or another puffy and they started to burn really bad that is why I have finally decided to go and check it seriously at an optomologist. After a couple of questions the doc took a cat scan of my eyes and this showed that I am having enlarged eye muscles because of the graves eye disease. I have been said by the doctor but very often, the graves eye disease is also associated with hyperthyroidism that is why a very simplistic blood work for thyroid dysfunction is going to be diagnosed. But, I don’t really know why, for my case only the cat scan has showed that I am having this disease. This is the reason why I am suggest you all the following: in case you start to notice that you’re having eye pains and you see that it is not going to disappear then please, go and insist for a cat scan. It might help a lot. yeah, I also know that this thing can cost you a little bit, however this is worth it because if you are also suffering from graves and it goes undiagnosed then you are going to lose your eyesight. Doing the cat scan makes you to be sure that you would be fine. hope that you will be fine anyway. good luck