Negative test but HIV positive?

88maurice

It is possible to have HIV positive when all tests has a negative result???

I feel ill and I had the most common symptoms for HIV positive last few months: flu, fever, weight loss, night sweats and pain in my muscles! I feel tired 24/7 and right now, in these moments my throat is so sore I can barely eat something!!!!! I don't know what could had happened, I think I had a risk 1-1.5 year ago!

My family doctor gave me an antibiotic but it had zero effect, furthermore I feel worse and worse with every day!!! Doctors can't help since my tests are negative! I don't know what to do! My immune system is so weak I am really afraid!!

I can answer more of your questions, just please help me! I don't know what can I do about it because I'm ninety percent that I have a positive HIV!

beiers

hello everyone, my cousin is having the same story here, his scared about it and he can't think about something else than this question - if he is having HIV positive... he asked me, and everyone he knows if we know something about it. it's something strange because he has exact same symptoms as you have: flu, fever, night sweats also he's having sore lymph nodes and abdominal pains, but three negative tests... i don't know what's this but it's obviously something strange and too much coincidence between you two to be just a simple illness. i see that he is changing with every day, his immune system is deteriorating, if you say that your position is getting worse then you probably have the same... also he said that he was exposed 2 years ago and he is tired of being always sick. if someone could know what this could be, please share your information with us, any kind of advices are welcome. :(

offmyroad

Can someone help me please? I'm having the same thing here. I have severe nausea, sore lymph nodes and headaches as well as night sweats and also body aches. Recently I developed shooting pains under my arm with some strange infection. Nowadays I have a weird feeling and I'm really bewildered - it's like I have a fog in my brain. I'm so confused I seriously think to do a brain cancer test, but I'm almost sure I have HIV.

This happened some weeks ago and as you beiers I feel that my immune system is deteriorating, I'm really scared; I'm afraid to get out not to die from a simple flu and I'm unsure what is happening because as you - all HIV and AIDS tests are negative. I think this started about 3 or maybe 4 months ago (I don't remember, but I think isn't so important) when I had a brief unprotected sex with a co- worker and it started about a week after it. Now she doesn't work there anymore and I can't find her (her cell number isn't available). I think I have all the symptoms for HIV, but I was tested at around 6 weeks after that - negative, at around 12 weeks - negative and also not so long ago with a negative result too.

Or maybe it's a virus having similar symptoms with this disease? Maybe you guys find something, don't forget to write everything! Or maybe someone else on this forum can help? Believe me any insights can be helpful, I am confused and worried.

unfriendly

hey everyone here, i see that i have a reason for being worried. the more research i do about it i find out that more and more people have this problem and even if we have these symptoms test come back negative. what really pisses me of is that my doctor said to continue my normal life and not to worry about it, how the f*** i'm going to do that when i have all hiv positive symptoms? my immune system obviously is deteriorating each day, i have sore lymph nodes, mouth ulcers and those annoying abdominal pains. i'm already sick of this because i don't have it for 2 days... there already passed some time haivng constant sore throats and this is not a little strang?? any of those who posted here, you have some updates? share them with us... i'm sick of being sick! maybe this is a virus having similar symptoms to the hiv? i don't know for sure what is going on but i would give everything just to feel normal again. if someone had a treatment and everything passed, please do not ignore us, those who still fight to get a normal life again. i really would appreciate it... i'm getting depressed because of it...

Pinto Souza

well I see that we all have same symptoms and any of us cannot find any answers... too bad... mouth ulcers, abdominal pains, sore lymph nodes, all the same as you guys, why tests come back negative? it seems no one can understand this. why doctors cannot find what we all have? why our immune system is so weak? no one seems to understand... it can be easily seen that it is deteriorating, our immune system (I can't say for you guys, but mine) it never was so bad, I used to be in shape, I used to feel gooooood. but now I'm just a zombie without any certain anwers to what I have... too freaking bad... hiv negative syphilis negative but symptoms that perfectly describes them. so we all wait for a reply... I already visited a few sites more and also no answers, maybe I'm just not searching where I need? hope we all get better too...

Theopect

I'M HAVING THE SAME SCENARIO AND I SEE THAT IT'S TRULY A MYSTERIOUS THING ABOUT ALL THIS. I NOW WHAT ALL YOU ARE GOING THRU RIGHT KNOW. I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX FOR A LITTLE MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AGO AND AROUND THAT TIME I STARTED HAVING HIV SYMPTOMS. I WAS 100% SURE THAT I HAVE HIV. I'VE DONE 3 TESTS FOR HIV: ONE ORAL TEST ABOUT 5 MONTHS AGO AND TWO BLOOD TESTS 4 MONTHS AGO AND LAST MONTH, EVERY SINGLE CAME BACK NEGATIVE. NOW I'M HAVING THESE SYMPTOMS ALMOST EVERYDAY. SO MUCH TIME PASSED AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AND WHAT IS GOING ON. THERE ARE TOO MANY SYMPTOMS POINTING TO LATE STAGE OF HIV, BUT TESTS ARE NEGATIVE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE WE CAN DO BUT PRAYING GOT EVERYTHING WE HAVE IT'S JUST IN OUR MIND AND EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK. I'M JUST TOO TIRED HAVING THIS. I GUESS EVERYONE HERE FEELS SO. GOOD LUCK AND FEEL GOOD.

LevyL

So if you like I will share my story.

Possible causes of HIV I possibly have: 1) A broken condom with a girl (but she said she's clean off HIV). 2) PROTOCTED (but I think it still can be possible) sex with another girl. 3) Oral sex I got.

I've done tests: 1) Blood tests - normal. 2) HIV test after (up to) 3 months - negative. 3) I've tested for other stuff (I was hoping that something is going to come out) - still negative. HOWEVER, after bunch of tests a doctor said that I have mycoplasma.

My symptoms are: - Swollen lymph nodes up to 3 cm, - pain around lymph nodes, but not the lymph nodes themselves, - Sore throat and feeling of lump in my neck, - obviously I'm feeling fever, - joint pain and back pain, - red spots on my body, - rash on face and other rashes, - pain around my liver, - floaty feeling, - eyesight is getting worse (In my opinion that's due weakness I have), - bowel pains making very hard for me to walk, - foncilittes as well as other symptoms.

All this is very shocking... Hope we'll make through this.

Pinto Souza

well, now i know that there really are hundreds of us with this problem, since my last post i didn't stopped searching information and i am shocked! i'm terrifying only when i'm thinking about all those people who doesn't have access to the internet or they simply don't use it and they have to live in shadow about this! i assume that they are dismissed every single day by healthcare professionals as over-anxious and this is so sad... someone of you have some updates for us? i'm still feeling the same way and i don't think there's something i can do... levyl did your doctor found a cure for mycoplasma? what info about this you know? also i would really like to know how everyone here is dealing with their symptoms and what updates you have, i believe that if we stick together we can find a solution... i'm going to do another htvl antibody test soon and see if something changes... my last one had a negative result but i found somewhere that it takes 2 YEARS for a positive result to be shown up... well, i have tried several supplements to feel better and i would say that the top supplements are vitamin c in 2000mg, curcumin which is a tablet form of tumeric also 2000mg and i also take multivitamins. i also drink a lot of green tea because it seems that it helps me a little bit, or it is just my consciousness, i don't really know, i just like it much... i first tried to find a cure by myself when i saw that doctors assume stress when they can't figure out what's wrong and this seems so unfair to me... anyway, thanks everyone for your opinions and ideas, hope you will post your updates. have a good day.

LindoW

We should all do something about this thing because it can be very dangerous! This disease is very contagious and I’m very afraid about this! in the future we could transmit it to millions of people and millions of people will suffer. I really don’t want to spread this issue to others. I really don’t understand why all doctors all calling us crazy when we have all these symptoms and we just need and want help and don’t want to transmit it to others. I’ve searched the internet about similar cases and I read that in china is a whole new hiv like virus. It’s not hiv but its symptoms is similar to hiv. I am afraid that I might have it and doctors don’t know. I’m not living in china but I guess that viruses can be easily transmitted into one country to another. Will this ever stop?

stepheny676

I’m here because I need some advices. So, I know for sure that I have HIV+ and the only thing is that I can’t identify it as regularly with the test. It started some time ago when I decided to go to visit my doctor, I have had a lot of symptoms that made me understand that I really have HIV+. I have talked with my doctor and I explained that actually I have to do the test because I know I need help. He claimed that he will help me and he did the test. Everything started with this test, it comes negative and because of this my doctor couldn’t help me. It was so pathetic and very strange to me; I couldn’t do anything even if I knew that I have HIV. This is the worse situation when you can’t help yourself. When I woke up that morning I was sure that when I’ll come back home I’ll feel more secure and calm about all the situation but not, I arrived home very angry and I wanted to do something but I couldn’t. I have passed over night of sweats, over very dangerous and unhealthy weight loss, abdominal pain, headaches, and all these happened to me 2 months ago, I think that I was something that wanted to advert me about what I’m passing over. At the moment I have my throat sore and it’s not because I’m sick, I have never had this feeling before and this is so uncomfortable. It feels like I have there thousand pieces of little glasses and I can’t eat, or drink normally, because this is extremely painful. I talked about this with my doctor, he decided to prescribe me some antibiotics and he was extremely sure that this will work, of course it doesn’t help me and I explained this to him. This is the last thing that he did for me, he told me that he would like to help me, but he can’t because my test is negative and without that test I can’t receive a normal treatment. I feel so bad and helpless, I have never thought that I’ll arrive to have something like this, I didn’t knew that doctors are able to refuse to help you, and that you have so many chances to die even if you tried to talk with a good doctor. I know that every second of my life is very important and I’m trying to do something for this. I know very well that I need help and that this is a war that I have to pass over. I don’t know what I can do now. The only thing that I’ll try to do this week is to find another doctor, to explain the situation and maybe to repeat the test again. I have no choice; I have to find somebody who can help me so please, anyone who knows something post it here.

Sienna

I’m scared that I have HIV too, but I’m scared to do the test. You’re so lucky and you are brave and you can pass over this, you want to do this, to help yourself and to start your recovery, but I’m scared so I’m not sure. I’m so scared that I can’t even explain. I have so many symptoms and every time I’m trying to assure myself that actually I don’t have anything – it’s just a form to calm myself. I know very well that only the test can tell the truth and that’s why I prefer to live in my own reality were I don’t have anything. Don’t judge me please, I understand that this is a big mistake, but I can’t do this...

Alyssa Harney

Do you have had a fever? I think that I have your exact symptoms, and I have thought about HIV for a long time, but after this I started to think that maybe this is just my imagination. Now I read your post and this made me feel a little bit perplexed. I’m scared I might have HIV, recently besides all the symptoms that I have had (some of them are described by you) I have developed a low grade persistent fever which comes and goes constantly. I’m scared to do the test, I know very well that this test can change my entire life, my vision and all my dreams I’ve had in the past… knowing that I would have a negative HIV would change my entire life…

MaxPower

I think I have a very similar situation to yours people. First of all I have all the symptoms you’ve all described and the second thing is that I have a reason to think about this. I have had unprotect sex with a casual woman some months ago, and some days after this everything started to appear. Strange feelings down there, like pain and burn and besides this in about one month I started to develop other symptoms similar to yours. I have a really weird brain fog feeling which is very uncomfortable and impossible to support. I tried a lot of pain killers but without result, none of them helped. I have severe headaches and nausea especially during the night, that’s why I can’t sleep normally, and of course I have night sweats, body aches and other things as well. 2 weeks ago I have had my HIV test and it was negative, I hate this, because even if my doctor told me it comes negative and that I don’t have HIV I continue to have all those symptoms. I have no idea what’s happening with me. I plan to do that test again and to find out the truth but if it comes back negative once again then I’m clueless of what should I do next.

nichola

same story people, and still can’t find the truth. Since my unprotected sexual act passed approximately 2 years and I’m still wondering what’s going on with me and my body. The only thing that I know is that there is something wrong for sure. I have all the strange symptoms that continued for these 2 years without changing, I still discover something new and I think that I start to get used with some symptoms. The first year, I did that test 9 times and it was negative each time, and the second year I tried it 6 times and the same thing. My doctor is very confuse because besides the HIV test I did all the possible sexual and viral tests in order to see if maybe there is something else, found out nothing while the symptoms are still there. One year ago I developed a strange mouth ulcer and I have it still now, can’t say that it is so painful but definitely it’s not okay to have it for an entire year without being able to cure it. Constantly and continuously abdominal pain, every single day, nausea is already something normal for me. Lymph nodes hurt so much and there is no pain killer that can help to remediate at least something. So as a conclusion you can see that my situation is similar to yours. Hope that if somebody will find something will reply here, I see that there are a lot of people with this, hopefully at least some of us would find the answer and will post it here.

stepheny676

oh my god! Yeah, you’re right, there are a lot of us, and sincerely, I have never thought that there are so many people that have the same thing as I do. I mean, I saw that there are few people, but it seems that there are more and more. I thought I’m one of the few people who has this and I thought that there is something wrong with my doctor and his diagnosis. I’m waiting for miracle and I hope that there is somebody that knows what to do.

KIMIKO

there is a thing called hypochondritis, it’s a mental disorder and if you’re going to read all the symptoms that can be created because of this disease you’ll find out that it’s about you. I don’t what to say that all of you have this disease but I’m sure that some of you can have it. I think that you can ask your doctor about this maybe you’ll find out more. I know for sure that when you do the HIV test you can be 99% sure that it’s correct especially if it passed so much time since your possible contamination. I have read here that there are some of you that tried to do this test a lot of times, that’s why I think that it’s quite impossible to do this so many times and to have it negative while you’re positive. I understand it once to give you a false answer, I barely accept to give you twice a false answer, but I really think that it is absurd to give you an false answer after having the test so many times.

stepheny676

thank you for information. I don’t think I have this mental disease and however, I think that I have HIV, too many coincidences, and too many symptoms, I have never heard about this mental disease but it’s strange that my doctor didn’t thought about this one and even people that posted here have never heard about this one and if you read the posts carefully you could notice that there are some people that have had unprotected sex, I don’t think that this mental disease comes because of an unprotected sex. Anyway thanks for information, I’ll ask my doctor about this. Hope that we’ll find soon the right answer soon.