no period 4 months!

velma198

Hello everyone! I really need your help! I am 18 years old female, I haven't had sex yet and I don't remember getting a major hit but my period misses already 4 months, since december. The doctor did nothing: asked me few questions like "if I had constant headaches" but I don't. I don't know what to do. He said that that's probably because I produce too much of the male hormon, so it over rides the estrogen, but I need to know for sure because I'm scared to death having a tumor! I don't know what's wrong with me. Please help with all you've people got!!!

velma198

Come on people NO one? Why nobody is answering my question? No one ever had something like this? Or at least maybe your heard about it. Any information can help me so please do not hesitate. I really need some answers. I will stay here in touch, please respond

MBernic

Hey velma, sorry for late repost.

You know that for some women it takes years to get a regular period? You are only 18, so your periods could still be irregular, in my opinion if you were 28 you would have much more regular period cycles. Maybe you took some pills? Try to remember, or if you are on some birth control and you didn't mention it then we probably found an answer to your question. Did you have some stress lately or any other factors that could affect your period like new hobby, sport etc. Try to give more information. Maybe other symptoms like weight gain or loss? Anything. You should know that there are many factors that can make you have irregular period or even its absence. I'm truly shocked that your doctor couldn't provide you with some useful information, at least he or she should make you an appointment to a gynecologist if you already visited one, maybe you should try to go to a different gynecologist? You would have two professional opinions to compare. Try to fix this up because 4 month without a period is a long term, even 5 now, or it came already?

Hope you'll be O.K. Best wishes and be healthy ;)

Ansholy

Hello there velma 198, I was in the exact same situation as you and I've got my period after I've been on birth control pills. My doctor said that I was producing too much of the male hormones and it over rides the estrogen, that is why he prescripted me birth control pills, I've got back normal hormones balance. Actually there is nothing to worry about, many girls, maybe even women have this problem. A friend of mine had this too and when I've searched the internet I've found out that there are many with this. I've also got another problem, my ovaries didn't ovulate and I have to bet put on medicine which wasn't the best news I've got. I've recommend you to go and check your doctor in order to have a blood test done and see if everything is fine with you. Maybe you have the same problem as I had. If your current doctor couldn't help you then probably you should visit another one. I hope my information helped you.