non stop bleeding on metformin

Daithis

hello everybody, I would appreciate if someone here could help me. the thing is that I am now using metformin in order to treat the symptoms of PCOS and to regulate my periods as well, plus my doctor who prescribed it said that it can also be as a fertility pill as well which I think that is really good and that's because I am not trying to get pregnant for a while and a fertility pill would be what I need, however there is a problem I have with it. since I have been put on metformin I just can't stop bleeding and since I've been put on it, I haven't had a day without bleeding and now here's the most important question… how I can get pregnant in general if I just don't stop bleeding from using the metformin? would it ever stop? what do I need to do? do you think that this is really dangerous? plus, I should say that I also have hirsuitism any herbal remedies for any of those problems I have mentioned would be really helpful for me and I would appreciate it a lot. hope I would get some suggestions on this one.

WmTom

I just suggest you to go and see a doctor and preferably as soon as possible because I am sure as hell that you do not want to become anemic and since your bleeding won't stop then you stand pretty good chances to become one and especially if that's gonna continue and you still won't see your doctor. that's why, just go and ask for help because this is, obviously, not normal, and yes, constant bleeding for a good amount of time is dangerous and you need to do something about that to stop the bleeding. I hope this is going to be helpful.

Monique

i do agree with the previous poster saying that you've got to go to the doctors or at least to call a health tipline, they are also free to call so just go and do it. I am not a doctor so I can't say anything with certitude, but I just think that you should be stopping using them. but that's going to be recommended (either not recommended) by your doctor and that's why it is so important to call him/ her. have a nice day and hope you're going to be safe, bleeding without stopping surely isn't safe.

Stylest

OP, I doubt that somebody here can tell you anything really helpful and that's why you just need to go to see your doctor as soon as possible or at least to call his answering service and to get a call back from his nurse to talk about this problem you have.

I also wish you good luck in getting pregnant, that is really important and not being able to have children may really be stressful, hope you're going to get through this. but I do recommend you to try sex in the shower if you are up to it and it may just work for you if you really wish to get pregnant. also I can recommend you to try honey and cinnamon mixed in a glass of a warn tea right before going to bed. you've got to take a spoon full of honey and a 1/4 spoon ful of cinnamon. they are going to help either. you might read online a bit more about them and you're going to find some effects they have on the body that most people don't know. good luck

RDS

well, look, metformin is helping you by regulating the hormones in your blood that it is preventing ovulation from occurring. just in case what you mean by bleeding it is that you are getting your regular monthly menses, then you are actually ovulating regularly either. so, in such a case it is only a matter of timing during your most fertile days that is going to help you to finally conceive. but since I doubt that this is the case since it seems that you literarily just bleed continuously, then this should be addressed.

as soon as the bleeding stops then there are stuff which helps you to find you the most fertile days… I honestly don't know about the change in positions or areas, however if you want to then you could monitor your ovulation through some home ovulation kits that are available out there, you've just got to search for them. and after that, you've just got to get the right timing and that's it. I really hope that this is going to help you at least a little bit and I also wish you to have as many babies as you wish to have :)

RoseDee

Hello OP, I do know what you are talking about because I am having the exact same problem as you do. I have been trying to get pregnant and exactly as you, I just have not had any luck with it. in the beginning, I have been using some pills (birth control) in order not to get pregnant and back then while I've been on those pills I was getting regular periods and everything seemed to be just fine. but then later I decided that I wanted to have a baby and get pregnant so o stopped to use those pills and I soon as I have went off them I have started to get irregular periods and that's why I had to change this and that's how I have ended up in being put on metformin (prescribed by my doctor). but, once again as I have said it earlier, ever since I have been put on metformin (since I started to use it), I am bleeding every day too. and I guess that the previous poster haven't read your post very carefully because it is clear as a sunny that that you didn't meant to say that you bleed a week in a month like a usual period, but every single day. and that's the exact same thing which is going on daily for me, I am seriously bleeding every single day and this, obviously, scares me. this is really embarrassing and I do wish a lot that this would stop. and there are also some times (rarely) when I am not bleeding and as soon as I notice it we are having intercourse with my husband trying to get pregnant and then, all of a sudden, I start bleeding once again. I am not sure, of course, what you are going to do, however I just called the doctor who has prescribed it to me and I have told her that I am stopping to use this medication because it can't continue like that anymore and I just can't resist and so I am now having an appointment scheduled in order to get an ultrasound done to see what's wrong with me. but yeah, as you, I do think that this is really the medication itself causing me (and you) to bleed without stopping. I honestly I am getting depressed because of this is always happening to me and I am not sure how to stop it and to get pregnant. I honestly have a feel that if I am going to get pregnant everything is going to get normalized in my body and I would be fine. also… please, just write me back if you already went to see a doctor and if you did, please tell me what he (or she) told you. I really want to know their opinions and what they decided (I mean, let you stay on it or no). the problem I have with mine is that my obgyn doctor is a really busy doc and so it takes a between a month to 3 to see her… please get back to me as soon as possible. if you want then we could go PM as I don't mind if you feel more comfortable this way. thanks in advance and wishing you good luck.