Numeric Dyslexia

HolyHolly

Sometimes I just can’t handle it anymore. I was always a dyslexic and I never had so many problems about it, but not so long ago everything started and I started to feel so bad about this issue that is torturing me every single day. I’m 36 years old, but I discovered that I’m numeric dyslexic when I was very young, perhaps in school times and of course I still am.

During the school years I have never had problems, my teachers knew about it and my classmates too. They got used with all of it very soon and without any problems. I always thought that it’s okay and that all the people in this world have something to care about, nobody is perfect, including me too. Two months ago I wanted to change my work because there were a lot of people that couldn’t accept me this way, and my boss started to drop a hint about my issue because he felt very bad all the time I started to call back a person in order to ask him/her to tell me one more time what is the number. Of course I explained over and over again that I have dyslexia, that I’m sorry. When I started to see that my boss didn’t wanted me anymore I decided to search for a new work, and I really hoped that they will accept me the way I am. I send my CV along with a line and a line that was mentioning that I’m dyslexic. I was so happy when they called me and told me to come to the interview. I was ready to start my job and career again. When I talked with that person at the interview I thought that he will be okay with the fact that I’m dyslexic, but when they found out that I’m actually a numeric dyslexic they told me that it will be really hard to be to go with this, and that the job is clearly interconnected with numbers, with calling people and registering a lot of numbers and so on and so forth.

After half hour they told me that they will call me back with they will find another job for me that isn’t linked with numbers. Since that day passed two months and I’m still wondering why do I have to stay now without work. I’m really a qualified person and I know so many things about my work I know that I’m able to do my work at the highest level and I really do it.

Another thing that happened to during these 2 months was linked with my personal life. I have found a man and I liked him very much. We have been together 3 weeks until he found out about my issue and didn’t call me anymore after this. I felt so bad I can’t even explain. You know, when you have some additional pounds you just can diet and make your body the way you want, but when you have an issue that you can’t change, delete or do something to change my situation. Now I feel that I’m very stressed and full of depression. Anyway I’m here because I’m looking for people that have this dyslexic issue and that maybe have passed through depression because of this, pretty much the way I do. If you are here, if you have read this and if you can help me to pass over this horrible situation I’ll be very happy and grateful to you. Know that this is an issue that will always be a part of me and I would like just to know that everything will be okay, to know that even if I have this problem I would be happy in future. I don’t want to be alone all my entire life, I want to find a person that will accept me the way I am, to find a cool job that I could be grateful for and the people working there to accept the fact that I’m a little bit different from others, but that is able to see how much potential I have. I just don’t understand why such a problem create so many issues….

Please answer to me. I really need to talk with somebody.

Sienna

Hello dear, I understand what you feel and I’m very happy and feel so satisfied that I have found you here and if you want we could talk about it more. I have search for a lot of other people that are going to understand our situation in a lot of other places and nobody was able to answer, or at least to tell me what to do. I passed through something like this, some years ago and I understand that you feel so low in this situation but trust me everything will change. I think that you are a very strong person, because you are 35 and you have experienced such a bad experience just now. I’m just 23 and I have passed through this so many times that you can’t even imagine. Look, the only thing that you have to know is that this is how the world works. Sometimes people just can’t accept thing that they did not experienced, something that they are not familiar with. At the beginning I felt very bad all the time I have seen or I have experienced such a bad experience with people, in different situations, however I have tried my best to understand why it is happening so and when you will understand it too you’re going to feel better.

This is cruel when people don’t understand what you feel, especially when this is linked with your life situation that you can’t change. I felt bad during 5 years, full of stress and depression but suddenly I started to understand that it’s all in my head and that people that really love me and understand me they will accept me the way I am, and I don’t care about others, because people are stupid and I don’t want to feel bad all my entire life because people are stupid and they are so “short minded” that they cannot accept and understand what it is dyslexia and people like me and you with it. This is the exact thing that you have to do now Reflect a little bit, think about how you lived before this depression, remember that even if you didn’t observed something like this before it always was present, don’t feel bad about this, please, because nobody really cares but you and you always have to think that you’re special for some people and this is the most important thing. Greetings.

HolyHolly

Hello there,

thank you very much for all your kind and encouraging words, I’m glad to meet you too. It’s really cool to hear people that totally understand me. I think you’re right that I have to go on and to think positively, but it’s really hard to forget about this just in an instant.

I hope that soon I’ll forget about this or even better I would have the strength to understand, as you said.. and hope that the next job that I’ll find will be the one for me. also, would you mind if we would talk about it more? you are a person with whom I would really want to discuss more.