odd kratom side effect - can you help?

lendan000

hi all. I have tried to do my research on this, however so far it seems that I cannot find anything that it is being related to this particular question/ problem that I am experiencing and this is why I am now here writing this and trying to get an answer to my problem. I want to say that I'm sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere else here on this place but I have missed it. I can't find it anywhere not even here (as I said, I've tried to search info on this issue anywhere I could find). Now I can guess that I am only wanting to see if there's anybody else who has experienced the exact same thing that I have experienced and what you could tell me on that.

so well, here it goes, hoping that I would get some info. as the title says, I am currently on Kratom and I have started to use it in order to help me wean off of Tramadol (which, by the way, I've seen that it can be a good idea by reading some posts here on the site). I've gotta mention that I am not taking a huge amount, or at least that what it seems because to be honest I am not really exact clear on my dosage now. I did have used powdered Kratom (and I'm using different strains at different times - and I am still sampling) and I have filled 00 caps with it - I've read that this is the best idea to use kratom and so, this way I have been using 2 of them in the morning and then 2 others at night. I have to say that this is working pretty well, at least without the side effect.

and now, the weird side effect stuff that I was saying about and which I am being worried about (TMI, I am really sure, but bear with me): I have then noticed that for quite a while after I have been dosing with it I was feeling some kind of an urgent feeling to urinate, not sure why, and I am getting this effect even after I have already done this. I seriously have absolutely no idea how to describe it better or other than the it is just feels like I have simply not emptied my bladder (again, even when I've done so). also I can describe it like this: any woman that has ever had a UTI in the past most likely does know this feeling that I am talking about, maybe only minus the pain part because I do know what's that as well. but this feeling in particular it is only an constant feeling of *having to go* and it doesn't seem to go away.

initially, when I have started to get this effect I was only assuming that this is only a part of the Kratom's stimulant effect. I mean, I do know that Kratom in general stimulates you, so it kind of stimulates this either. it is some sort of like drinking too much coffee or something like that. I should say that I do drink quite a little bit of water with each dosage that I am taking (since I've heard that this is the right thing to do) and so this is quite a bit explaining the constant peeing thing - especially since that's normal to pee a lot when drinking a lot) and that is why, this isn't what I am asking for. what I want to know about and what is my problem is the feeling of still needing to go, even after doing it. that is the problem.

I really hope that this does make at least some sense. and I hope that at least someone can help me with this problem. as I have mentioned, I've tried to search information on this problem, however I couldn't find any and now my thoughts are jumbled lately. I would appreciate some help. is there anybody else who has had this happen in the past? I guess that I am not searching so much something that would stop this (because I do know that there might not be anything that could stop it), but I just guess that I'm only a bit worried. I'm not even particularly worried about it, however I do not think that there is anything at all that is dangerously happening (since I do not think that constantly having the feel of want to urinate can be dangerous) - but this is mostly irritating. and, as I said, strange.

unchain

hi, I really wish that I knew the answer to your problem but unfortunately I do know… but the thing is that by reading your post I have remembered that many years ago, when I have had a bladder infection, I would need to go and pee a lot and then came the pain one or maybe 2 days later after that. but I definitely do know what do you mean by "constantly having the need to urinate". I do not want to say anything bad or worrying but I definitely think that you should at least take it in consideration so I want to say: maybe this is where you're at? maybe you're not, maybe it is all only the water and coffee that it is being mixed with kratom which is intensifying this feeling you get. you don't know, me neither (of course, LOL), but getting at least a general idea might be a really good idea. however, I do know that this might lead to other problems such as insomnia and therefore to serious health issues. at least I remember that for me this feeling kept me away and in case it is keeping you up too then surely you need to go to the doctor and get it all analyzed. I wish you good luck and best of luck!

lendan000

hey!! thank you a lot. as you have suggested, I have also been wondering and thinking that it might be this problem. I was wondering about that as well because I have also had the exact same experience with a bladder infection so I do know what it is like. I can say that this feeling does stop after a while in between the dosages, and that is why I am not really sure if this is only a coincidence or maybe Kratom related, though I mostly think that this is mostly kratom related, it seems to be too much of a coincidence. now, what I think that must help (the plan that I am having now) it is to lay off the Kratom at least for a couple of days and see what is going to happen, to see if this annoying side effect is going to stop. (and yeah, by the way, I can't be sure now, of course, since I've never tried to stop Kratom, but I just think that I am currently out of the woods on the tramadol withdrawals and that is why I think that I should be just fine now). but I think that in case it is still going to happen and get withdrawals then it surely is going to be the doctor time and asking for help!

Anniand

hey there OP, I just have to ask you… does that sensation is lasting for a long time after you are urinating? what I am trying to say is that in case it is going away in some reasonable amount of the time then it simply may just be your bladder spasming a little bit from being full and that's it so I do not really think that this is a big problem. is it possible for you to empty your bladder a little bit sooner before it is getting completely full? also, you never know but you might be allergic to Kratom or some of its components but you should know that not all of the allergic reactions are the same (like throat/ tongue etc. etc. inflammation, red pimples, etc. etc.) it might be that there is something in the Kratom or what it is being metabolized that it is irritating your bladder as well. I mean, this can be an allergic reaction as well. even if it's not, it is still something irritating your bladder. I mean, all of this might be so… I do agree that talking with a doctor about this might be a good idea. just tell him what are you experiencing. even though not all doctors are experienced to deal with kratom, maybe you would get a doctor that would. hope you're gonna be able to deal with it.

but as far as weaning off the tramadols, I just want to congratulate you, that is really amazing, getting off tramadol is very good. wanted to ask you… how long did you took the kratom for to get past of the withdrawals? did you take any tramadols - like as in tapering or did you stop cold immediately and jump right to the Kratom? I mean, I am sorry for asking you so many questions, however I am just really curious about this, plus I think that by answering some of those questions (and I mean, not to answer them to me, but answering them to yourself) might help you deal with this. I hope you all the best.

Tiffany

hello there all, I can't really say anything about kratom itself and that's because I have never really tried any of the strains of the Kratom, however, I did have worked with some of people who did have used it and this really seem to be approximately a 40 % common side effect to all of those who use it. having that said - it is extremely strange to see that you were searching information about this side effect and you found nothing - since it is so common. I do know that at times even leading to not being able to get to the loo soon enough… whatever the case, it all sure varies.

but no doubts, getting unstoppable and constantly feeling of peeing is not normal. so either it is due to kratom or not, it doesn't matter - what matters is that you should get this done. however, to get this done you surely need to go the doctor and firstly you need to go there and rule out a bladder infection or kidney issues because it very well can be a kidney problem as well. maybe even kratom doesn't have anything to do with all of this and you just have an infection. but again, does this matter? what matters is your health condition…

lendan000

Anniand, hello and thank you very much for answering to my thread. also, there is absolutely no need for you to apologize for questions, they are really helpful to me and your information is helpful as well. thanks for everything. so answering the question of how long it lasts… well, plus or minus this sensation seem to last for like about an hour or so and then it is going away. as I have said in my original post, this feeling is not painful or anything in this matter, but it is most likely irritating. the bladder spam… well they do make sense to me and that's why thanks for the hint. I think that it does make some sense because it kind of feels like this. and yeah, I do tend to go the restroom quite regularly and quite often times per day. but it seems that this is quite normal since I am really drinking a lot of water. you asked if it is possible to empty the bladder a bit sooner before it is getting full… well, I just can say that I rarely go to bathroom when it is fully full.. usually I'm going to empty my bladder when it is not really that full. I am currently wondering if this is what it actually is or not… the temporary spasms you've said of… they really intrigued me. maybe temporary spasms brought on by a dosage of Kratom? it is obvious I can't be sure if that's true, however it is obvious and definitely worth to keep this in mind and to check this out with a doctor. thank you very much for this hint!

regarding for the tramadol and my withdrawal with it… I am now at 3 days without any one of it and I have done it after I had a so called: *quicker than comfortable* taper on tramdol. in the end of my taper I have been dropping 50 mg every 3 days and that's until I have got to none at all and I do remember that first day when I have had none tramadol at all… it was obviously the worst and I had absolutely 0 happy or joy feeling. though the entire taper wasn't pleasant. however, kratom is indeed a really good thing that I would definitely recommend to anybody getting through the withdrawals and that's even though I have this odd side effect. anyway, I still say is because kratom has surely helped me to keep me on moving forward as well as to make it possible for me to work (and most importantly to sleep). I can say that for the first time I have tried the 100 mg per day mark, usually I would use the 50 mg in the morning before I am going to work (yeah, been able to work while withdrawing from tramdol and that's - thanks to kratom) and then 2 others kratom capsules around noon. then later I had another 50 mg of tramadol around 4: 00- 5: 00 PM and then later I have had 2 more of Kratom capsules right before going to bed (in order to keep me asleep and out of withdrawals). the sides that I have had here… I am not sure but I don't remember mentioning this here (though I've heard of people complaining on this): I had the dreams, extremely vivid. sometimes it wasn't even a bad effect so I can't say that I am complaining. though I had a couple of terrifying vivid dreams and those weren't anything good.

then later when I have dropped down to my last tramadol dosage of 50 mg a day, I have replaced my 4 - 5 PM tramadol dosage with 2 other kratom and been keeping my tramadol dosage for my morning ritual (calling it a ritual because had it for a lot of time like this - get up, drink a glass of water with tramadol, have coffee, brush teeth, get out) and cutting out the noon dosage I had. so at this point I had morning dosage of 50 mg of tram, then 2 caps of kratom at 4: 00 PM (oh well… in fact, it rarely was at 5 PM, but often I was taking it closer to 3 PM) and then as usual 2 other caps during the bedtime. oh yeah, I guess I should mention that besides kratom and tramadol I have also been using Imodium which I have read that it is a good thing and it indeed is. I've been taking a good amount of it throughout all of that. as I said, this seemed to work quite well enough as well. I still have had some withdrawal discomfort, however it is surely nothing even near to what I would experience in the past.  to what I have went through in the past. with the help of these 2 it is much more better!

so well, then later… after like 3 days of that I have replaced the morning tramadol with the kratom as well (taking kratom instead of tramadol) and then I have cut out the 4 or 5 PM dosage or so. having that said, I have been left with only 2 caps of the kratom taking in the morning right before getting up and then 2 other caps at night at bedtime before going to sleep. I was doing it because I have read about the kratom side effects and I do know that it is addictive as well and that kratom has its own withdrawal effects either which means that I shouldn't take a too big dosage of it. the current discomfort that I am now having (I guess that it is)I  mostly psychological only (with a little of restless leg that is thrown in for irritating measure). I should mention that it is nothing unbearable, nothing that bad as kratom has given me the energy that I needed and it has kept most of my depression at bay as well (so far, having fingers crossed). I'm just trying to say that I went through withdrawals but they weren't by far as bad as I thought that they would be and definitely could get through them. the only thing is that I am not in comfort.  however, I did have noticed a slight edginess (something like a strong caffeine buzz or something like that) that I am surely not a very huge fan of it. the tramadol's energy just feels kind of "cleaner" to me or something in this matter… if this makes sense at all. I am not very sure, maybe this could be completely strain related, however, I am not sure as I have said. I am currently still testing out a sample pack that I have got which contains different types.

anyway, I have decided that I am surely going to use some tramadol again, when the tram is going to arrive at all (just please god, let it arrive in time this time), however I have said that this time I am just going to use it at 50 mg to 100 mg per day and no more! this dosage really seemed to work far far better for me than I thought that it would work and so I really liked it. and yeah… I do know what you're going to tell me. I do know that if I am going to stay completely off of it then it would be the best thing that I can do. however, given the fact of how good and well such a tramadol dosage is working for me and also taking in consideration the quality of the life that I am having by taking it, I just know that I am completely fine with such a maintenance dosage. plus it is going to be easier to get off of the maintenance completely in case sometime later I am going to need it. but at least for now, the quality of my life is much more better with the maintenance dosage of tramadol. but in the meantime, I am simply trying to stick to the 4 capsules of kratom every day and my plan it is to take some extra more just in case I am going to need it (if it comes to it). as for now, I am just waiting for the package to finally move out of OPPS.

thanks again for everything.

lendan000

and yeah, one update here… I have been taking the smallish dosages of kratom every single day, throughout my days and I should say that the bladder spasms really does seem to be a part of it for a while after each of the dose that I take. I mean, I'm now quite sure that it is not a coincidence and that it is kratom responsible for the bladder spasm and weird sensation of urinating. I know it because I have skipped a few dosages (some of them that I should have taken in the morning and others right before the bed) and the interesting part is that I have not got this odd feeling right there… I have not gotten this weird need to go feeling at all during those off times… interesting I think. but even though kratom gives me the weird thing sensation, I am still going to talk with a doctor to try and see what's wrong and why it causes me this sensation.