Olive oil treatment for hair loss - craziness

mcv77

I've been using propecia for yrs, it helpes me keep my hair, i've been struggling with hair loss for a long time. I feel like i should do something extra. A femalw friend recommended home made olive oil mask for my hair loss. I tried it once, but honestly speaking i didn't work out. First i am very clumsy and my bathroom was all greasy after, the feeeling is very akward, had the impression i didn't wash my had for years and then the smel...oh... can't tell how uncomfortable all together felt. And, i don't see any improvments. Am i missing something? How many times do i need to apply it before i see some results? Or that was only a bad ideea?

buzzkill101

Olive oil tratment os a very slow process, it will tke months before you see any changes. You say you've been taking propecia, you know best how much it takes before you see any improvements. You're right, olive oil will only "backup" a drug treatment, but it will not do magic. Also, my opinion is that you haven't applied the oil correctly. You don't just pour it int your head, you do all kind of masks. Google it, there are so many variantons. I would advise to try this:

2 spoons of honey (no matter the type)

2 spoons of olive oil

2 tea spoons of lemon juice

Blend everything together, apply it all over your head, cover your head with something to keep it in place (smt like a plastic bag) and go to bed. Keep the mask or the entie night. Do it weekly for about 4-6 months, then you will see improvements. I know, it requires patience... that's how it works.

Jessica

I have never boasted with my hair. It is thin and a little, as well as falling. However, after I gave girth it was falling more and more. I thought I will remain without it . I used to cut in often, as I heard that it helps, but it didn’t. I also did a short cut, but it was also falling. I tried a lot of conditioners, keratin spray, and different creams to strengthen it. I also tried olive oil, mustard, which I bougth from pharmacy, but they all looked helpless. Once, one of my friends told me to try the Argan oil and the jojoba oil. Firstly it looked too sleeky and lifeless, however in a couple of months it gained weight, shine and they didn’t fall as much. I am very thankful to my friend and consider that a natural product worth tons of conditioners/creams.
Also, I have to admit that I drank vitamins to strengthen them.