oral sex and yeast infection

SimpleLinda

hey, i have been wondering can oral sex or even protected sex cause yeast infection? i am concerned about it for awhile and i don't let my partner kiss me downthere. i am worried recieving oral sex because he is a heavy smoker so i just can't let him do it. i am in a good relationship with him, but i do care about my hygiene and i don't really want to put my health at risk. thanks for your replies and be healthy everyone

MBernic

Yeast infections are also called candidiasis and it is caused by a overgrowth of a yeast like fungus present in a woman's body.

Well, the response is yes, receiving oral sex or even sex with a condom can cause a yeast infection or make it worse if you already have it. Oral sex and normal sex is increasing warm and wet environment in the vagina, these are the factors needed for a yeast infection to grow or to multiply. You can check for some symptoms to make sure whether you have yeast infection or no. Best way is to consult a doctor, but there are some signs that show you an yeast infection such as white discharge, I know it sounds odd but it’s cheese like discharge. You also can have a burning or itchy sensation, sometimes it can be insignificantly but it can be so bad that it is interfering with your sleeping. The yeast infection isn't a sexually transmitted disease, however the majority women who has it are sexually active. The cause I explained above: they are more wet and warm, favorable conditions for yeast growth. Usually they are treated easily treated with pills, creams and anti fungal vaginal suppositories. Anyway, I guess a doctor consultation is going to be more informative, but I hope that I helped you a little and you'll know better what you have to do further.

In my opinion is very good that you are so careful with your health. Many women are ignorant when it comes to receiving oral sex. Best wishes and be healthy ;)

DirtyDiana

I do agree that you can get a yeast infection by oral sex especially if the partner has a poor oral hygiene (when it comes to smokers and cleaning their teeth). In the mouth habours a lot of bacteria and I really was concerned every time when it comes to receive oral sex, especially when it comes to a heavy smoker as you said there. I personally had a boyfriend who had a foul breath, very bad odor, from the same reasons I already said: he was a heavy smoker too and due to rarely cleaning his teeth. I refused to get oral sex from him so in my opinion what you are doing now is totally normal. I'm very careful about oral and in general body hygiene that is why I understand you. Sometimes I think that I look like a freak because of my high standards when it comes to this subject. I am just really sorry most men don't have these standards as I do. I guess that is why I am single now)) Let me give you some advices that might help:

There is something that can prevent you from getting an yeast infection and that is cleanliness. As the person above said, yeast infection can grow or multiply in a wet and warm environment so you have to make sure to clean your hands and your intimate parts before anything touches it (your hands, your partners hands, tongue or penis). Cleanliness is a valid source of staying away from getting a yeast infection. Make sure you always wash your hands and intimate parts before and after going to toilette. As well you should always have wipes at you, just in case. You never know when you will need them. Hope I helped. Good luck!

bates

It's hard for me to explain but my intimate parts are a little more "sensible" than others females and I myself am a person that has some standards, but each time when I feel lonely for many months and I decide I need to lower a little bit my standars and start dating a man not really in my type I end up having a yeast infection! I'm tired of getting this yeast infection! After some months of dating with a man I recently let him touch me and have sex, the problem is that I thought she put on a condom, after all I noticed he doesn't have one and he was doing sex with me for the first time without a condom! This is ridiculous! I'm angry on myself that I haven't noticed that and I let him do it! Now we're not together anymore and I don't even want to see him! I ended up getting very swollen and itchy then about a week after I started healing I get the yeast infection! This is not my first time, when I had sex with other man few years ago I got the same scenario! I broke all contacts with them and I don't want to see nobody! Sometime I end up thinking that I'm going to be alone all my life and that I should start masturbating... I mean.. how hard can it be to keep yourself clean down there? After all this is directly related to his health! I can't understand these men! Why they don't have any standards? Why they are so ignorant about their self body hygiene and intimate parts? I'm tired of this! Anyway I would like to know if there is something that can prevent yeast infection, I mean some pills or I don't know?