Palpitations about 3 months

JohnPi

Hello everybody! Can someone make me understand what’s going on with me?

I'm 35 years old male scared that I can die any minute. From about 3 months now I felt that something is wrong with my heartbeat, I know that I'm experiencing palpitation. It occurs no matter of my current pulse - I can try to relax or I can do something - it's constant. Sometimes happens that I want to relax and my pulse is nearby 120, but it's present even if my pulse is 70. I will try to explain how my heart is working: I counted a missed beat at  approx. every 15 of regular and strong rhythmic heart beats. The missed beat is followed then by flump beat. I have strange feelings in my chest and I can feel that something's wrong with my pulse. Few days ago I visited a doctor; he immediately made me a electrocardiography that showed up that missing heartbeat. Afterwards he said that there is nothing unusual or to be scared of but I feel that there is something strange - an abnormality that I already can feel it, what will be next? I will have my blood taken and I'm thinking of being referred to the cardiology.

If someone knows what is this let me know! Those who experienced this before, or people who knows what exactly I need to do, please write here. Any opinion is welcome! Thanks all.  

HeartProblem

Thanks God I'm not the only one with this problem because I thought it is something unearthly that nobody ever heard of something like this! I was surfing this site until I found your post! I experience the very same palpitations as you since I was around 29, I'm 41 now. I'm totally disappointed in doctors and I'm tired asking them what's wrong with me. I was put on a heart monitor, after few weeks doctor said that everything is ok and nothing to worry about. How to be calm when you feel that something is wrong? I felt the exact same missing beat followed by a thudding like beat. But recently the palpitations started coming in pairs! I don't drink caffeine and sugar and I'm trying to have a full healthy life, I don't know what can be next and what should I do? If you find some answers come back please and share them with me, I'm going to do the same.

D

'deidaru'

Hello you 2, I want to inform you that you are not the only one with this disease. I am here looking for the same answers as you, but unfortunately I see that nobody answered yet. I have palpatations since 2006, and now I have a missed beat 1 in 9 for some time and nothing concrete has been done because as in the post above I'm disappointed in doctors - I can't find nobody who can help me. Also I have troubles with breathing - maybe that's why I feel like I'm going to die any minute. I'm scared. Yes, I've visited some doctors and they did me a ecg too, but after that they sent me home saying it's nothing to worry about, how can be nothing I can worry about if my heart is fluttering all over my chest and every 9 beats it misses 1? I'm 39 years old male and generally healthy, I try to avoid unhealthy foods (especially those who can affect my heart) and trying to practice light sports. I'm really surprised about the lack of information that I could find talking to doctors and searching the internet. I start being nervous and no one ever seems to help me. Hope we can help each other by sharing all the information we have. Any kind of info could help. Please and thank you

Subsed

Until I've searched my symptoms on the internet to some information I never thought there is gonna be so much ppl with this problem. I am 27 yrs female, but it seems it doesn't matter, I see that and males and females have these palpitations, and it doesn't matter your age, I started having them since I was 23.. All you described is what I have right now, it's like you were talking about me and my problem. I am going crazy because of it, I start thinking about it more and more, I question myself frequently. Am I going to die young? I mean at 50-60? because of my heart.... I've visited different docs.. useless. I think they want me to die or I don't know why they are called doctors. I've done some tests they have looked at them said about missed heartbeat and then - nothing to worry about go home and live your normal life.... I mean, what they are paid for? They have to save me not to leave me to die slowly. I'm really nervous, but I think you (those who have it too) can understand why I feel like that. Yes? Now I think that I'm developing anxiety.. I can't control myself. Well, sorry for useless information I posted here, but I just wanted to join you, to your words and your community, I hope that at least someone will find any answers and then will share them with us? Thank you and God bless us all

Wiseque

I'm also shocked how much people have you! You literally described exactly how I feel and I'm going crazy because of it too! My heart skips and beat constantly, surely something isn't normal here. I'm 44 and I have these palpitations for over 10 years now. I have been to different doctors, when I've visited the cardiologist I truly thought he would help me. Nothing was found! I was said that it's most likely I have anxiety and I should go home to relax. Well we all have anxiety here? Recently I've had lots of palpitations at work and I've visited another cardiologist. He did a test that I've never done before and he then said that structurally my heart was fine but my heart rate was too high! I'm trying to be in a good shape and I exercise regularly but the doctor said that my heart is too sensitive to he adrenline that the body produces while I work out. That is called hyper b-adrenergic syndrome. Obviously he prescribed me some medications for that, but I'm aware taking them. Am I going to take them all my life? I hope that my information here helped someone on this site who's searching for some answers, however I need help too. I'm concerned that these medication he said I need to take are going to make me feel dizzy and always tired. I hope we can help each other but anyway it's way better knowing that there are people like me!

Easer1934

Yeah, I have also been experiencing these heart palpitations for a couple of years now so I know what do you mean when you say that you’re scared. You can get really worried about your health statement when you don’t know what is happening to you but you do know that something is wrong. I also know that I am having anxiety troubles for a couple of years so it makes me think that I have them due to the anxiety. the reason is simple. I have been to many cardiologists and all they did some EKG tests, cardio tests, stress tests and some others but the results came back ok each of them. for a couple of months now I have noticed that I am getting these symptoms mostly when I am supposed to stress and I have a feeling that each one of you (or at least the majority) are experiencing the same kind of thing. Believe me, stress is a more serious thing that you think. I know how hard it can be, it is really hard! But you should try and forget about it. I have talked to my doctor and he said that a lot of people are experiencing the exact same symptoms as we do, but the only difference that makes them feel better is that they are not making a big deal about all this, as I do and as I suppose, you do. I have been told to mediate a couple of times per day, relaxing my mind and letting the things to go over my mind and my head. Believe me or not but it helps me a little bit, and it seem to help more and more each time I do it. we don’t even think about it but we are living under a ton of pressure without even realizing. If we’re thinking too much about it anxiety and stress would take us over. I have been told to pray for a better life, hope for a brighter future and don’t worry. It helps. I’m going to pray for this and for you all.

Cournine

Hello, I need your help. is there somebody who has fixed up this thing??? not so long ago I have went to my doctor complaining about the fact that I am experiencing palpitations. The problems is that I’ve visited 2 doctors and both of them seem to be useless as both of the tells me that there’s nothing to worry about which in fact, I believe that there IS what to be afraid of. one doc said that my heart is missing a beat and I’m feeling that my heart it is either too fast or it is either too slow with a thudding feeling. Those doctors told me that this is normal, as I said it, however, I think this is a problem due to the fact that both my parents are suffering from heart problems and there are a lot of my family members who have died from some heart diseases. Knowing all this, how I shouldn’t be worried about this?? it really worries me a lot. I haven’t been offered any medications, they only told me that I need to accept it. is there somebody who can help?