Panic attack or asthma problem

CoreInside

Hello friends, I really need your help, I’m experiencing a strange feeling right now. This is an emergency! First of all I have to say that not so long ago I was diagnosed with panic disorder and other disorders connected with anxiety. This was years ago and I never had serious problems with this until today. Some weeks ago I had a stress attack and this made me very worried because the attack came back recently. So during the last night I felt something strange, like a pain in my chest and a difficulty in breathing. Usually this comes back during the night and I don’t know why. I tried to get rid of this, sometimes producing mucus but this didn’t worked. Last night I felt the same bulge that I feel every night, accompanied by difficulties of breathing and sensation of choke. It was very strange, during the night there were moments when I felt good then bad then again good and bad. This nightmare finished after I vomited. Then I was capable to breath normally and to close my eyes but I had the same fear that I had before, fear that this will start again, so all the night I was thinking about what if I will have such difficulties in breathing so I can die? All the night I was breathing like I was under water, like I’m breathing for the first time. What do you think? Could this be asthma, or asthma is more like when you can’t do a full breathing without panic? Today I coughed a little, and I've had a stuffy nose all day. This is something normal to me, because it happens every morning when I wake up. I would like to know if someone had something like this before. thank you in advance.

whooh

Yesterday I was driving for an hour when I suddenly felt a strange discomfort in my belly and immediately I became nervous. I didn’t felt my hands anymore, I had a strong pulsation in my head and also I felt that my heart started to beat faster. I felt very quickly some sort of anxiety,  I was scared about something but actually I didn’t knew about what, so I was forced to stop driving.  I started to do some breathing exercises hoping that those exercises would help me. My anxiety seemed to be stronger than I. I started these exercises but I felt how my heart is beating faster, with every second beating more and more faster. I was afraid to return to drive because my hands were shaking. I parked and tried to calm down. I felt in all my body some pain and a sort of goose. My heart, my hands, my legs and my head were uncontrollable. I felt like my heart   was going to explode and I could not feel my fingers anymore, as if they weren’t mine. I tried to breathe but it seemed like I wasn’t breathing at all though I was breathing very fast and doing deep breaths.

After a few minutes I decided to call 911, because I felt like my heart is going to stop beating. The problem started here because I was out of city near of one country scared to death. I called 911 for four times but there were some problems because I couldn’t send them even a message. I also had difficulties to open the door cause of my hands. I was so terrified. I tried to call somebody but with no success I was totally incontrollable. In a couple of minutes I felt like my breathing started to normalize and I thought that I had a chance to recover my initial state. When I recovered the sensitivity of my hands, I opened the door of my car and I lay down on the seat and continued to breathe deeply. After some time I managed to take a walk around my car. My head was still spinning but I felt better. I continued to drive, slowly and with caution.

After an hour I felt completely fine. I never felt something like that before. And I felt like my heart was beating more than 2 normal pumps. I’m sorry for all these details. I just wanted to make you understand what I felt during those scary moments. So what do you think about this? It’s just a panic attack or is more serious? I just have to know this; I don’t want to have this feeling anymore. It hurt me so bad… What was that caused by? Is this a normal symptom of panic? What should I do if I will feel this again? Please help me! Waiting for your answers.

lachland3443

Your stories sounds very similar to mine as I also get frequent shortness of breath, big discomfort in my chest and in my lungs, I’m frequently coughing and feeling strange pressure. Also, I’m not sure if this has something to do to all that but sometimes when I’m inhaling I can hear a popping noise which is kinda strange. The bad part about all this is that these symptoms seem to get worse with time and they clearly are worsening when I am physically doing something.

No need to say that I went to the hospital trying to find out what wrong. In fact, I went to 4 different hospitals and 4 different doctors! The last time I went to the doctors was about 4 months ago because I understood that they are not really helping me. I went to the ER and they’ve done many test such as lung capacity test, functionality of my lungs test, chest scan and even a cardiac scan. I wouldn’t be here trying to find out what wrong with me all by myself if at least one of the above mentioned came out wrong. After that they simply sent me home saying that there’s nothing to worry about and they explained my shortness of breath and all other symptoms with “hyperventilating” which means that I’m having too much oxygen each time those symptoms occurs. They suggested me that I have anxiety…

I agree, possibly I have anxiety but I am far not convinced that I do NOT have asthma symptoms as they are claiming! I mean come on! A couple times the amount of shortness of my breath I was having been so bad that I simply couldn't breathe and if it would have been continued like that I would be dead by now! When this happened I was hardly coughing and it was very bad! Moreover, could feel like needles are penetrating me in various locations of my body! For a moment I thought that I’m dying! I didn’t used an inhaler before but I was carrying it with me just in case. Doctors told me that it is useless because it would help only asthmatics, which I’m not, however, using it, really gave me a little relief! Today I also had a similar scenario, I used the inhaler again, and the same little but at least some results occurred! Since the first time the inhaled helped me I was very skeptical but after today I no longer trust those doctors, I’m only still having some doubts because not only 1 but about 4 doctors told me the same thing… What makes sense to me is that probably, I’ve developed asthma in these 4 months and that’s why I plan going to a doctor again to see what he’s going to tell me this time.

In fact, I’m really really hoping that the doctors were right and I’m not having any asthma and there’s nothing I should be worried about but if I have it and it is undiagnosed I can die having my air ways blocked! I cannot practice sports, exercise or doing any physical effort because of this problem… I really hope that in the end everything is gonna be ok.

ForYou

Hello, I also want to share with you my story that seems kind of similar to yours. I am still a teenager and I already have these issues. I have been struggling with panic attacks every single night, constantly, without exceptions. This is very hard to deal with as I am very often feeling like I cannot breathe and that I am about to die soon due to no air. I am having asthma but I have never experienced any attack and I am rarely wheezing. I really don’t want to have any asthma attacks and I am getting very and very nervous especially lately because of this. I am very frustrated because I am so young but I am already having these major health issues and it doesn’t seem to me that I am going to have a long happy life. Each time when I notice that I am having some changes in my breathing I start to panic and sometimes it feels like I am going out of my mind. I said above that it feels like I am dying because I have that feeling like my throat is closed up occasionally so I am having no air. For those who never had something similar to this may seem that this is just bull shit but it fact I feel like this issue is taking over my life and I don’t know how much I can stand with it. It is affecting me very much and various things in my life because very often I can’t focus in classes and I’m getting worse and worse grades. Now, I am feeling even worse than usual because this feeling is intensifying and it makes it all worse when I’m having a cold. I do have a cold now and I am feeling very and very bad! This problem of mine is triggering even more and more problems because it makes it all even harder for me to sleep which makes me always tired and exhausted. I really wish all these problems would suddenly stop someday and I’m gonna be able to enjoy life again…