pregnancy with tied tubes, possible?

Pantoja

I’m really wondering right now whether I could be pregnant with tied tubes. I mean I have very good reasons to believe it so please don’t think that I’m weird. Let me tell you them. I had a tubal 3 years ago and after that my periods were regular as clock, every 28 days for 3 days with some little deviations. I mean that when it changed and it was late the next month it came as for the new period cycle. I’m trying to say that I have no problems at all with very regular periods. Why I’m thinking now that I’m pregnant is because last month my period was a week late and it lasted for only one day. I haven’t had this thought until my breasts became sore and began to appear some unexplained veins, I had some little nausea and also I had cramping and lower back pains. I know very well that these symptoms are common for many women in early pregnancy, however I decided to wait for another month to check if I’m getting totally crazy but it seems that I’m not and that’s because this month my period didn’t come, is already 5 days late. Obviously I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative (if it wasn’t negative I guess I would write here this thread now). I will go to a doctor in few days but I wanted to save the doctor’s time by writing here the questions I have. So: 1) is there anyone who got pregnant with tied tubes? 2) Did anyone ever hear at least of someone getting pregnant with tied tubes? And the last question is if the home pregnancy tests are reliable in my situation?

tameeka

Hello Pantoja, I have to tell you that YES it can happen! You can get pregnant after having your tubes tied this isn't something impossible, I can tell you more that many women had this so it is not something that happened only to you. An real life example can be one of my old friend who had her tubes tied and burnt about 5 years ago and the last year she complained that she was bleeding for more than 10 days and had early signs and symptoms of being pregnant! She could not believe in it but she went to the doctor only to ask him what is wrong and why she's bleeding so much and she is feeling that way. The doctor found out that she is pregnant. She was very shocked and she was terrified! It was truly scared for all of us because she could die! It was very dangerous for her! That is why it is very dangerous for you too! You should go to get checked right away! I strongly recommend you not to wait few more days to do a home pregnancy test or to try to do any other home remedies. A doctor is the only one who can help you if you are pregnany with your tubes tied. Don't joke with it! It's not all fun and games, this is really serious! And believe me that I'm not trying to scare you! I just want to help you because there are other women who don't understand this and I don't know whether you're one of them! Good luck and write an update!

ThirdTiveF

Ladies I had my tubes cut tied and burnt a little over 4 years ago, and I am happy to report I have a healthy 4 week old baby boy!!!!! I didnt plan on any other children, thats why I had the surgery , and no I didnt have it reversed so yes it is definitely possible to get pregnant after having your tubes cut and burnt! As you I could not believe that something like this is possible, howewer it turned out to be so! My husband and I are very and very happy! We have 2 beautiful girls and I was pregnant with them before I got my tubes cut tied and burnt so I lost any hope in having a boy! I see now that God exists and he is definitely listening to our prayers!!!!!! Just go and check yourself at a doctor's cab and see what he is going to tell you! I remember the time when I have been very tired, sore breasts and I had back pains, I thought that it is only imagination! This is truly a God gift! It does happen miracles! Good luck and hope you're going to do well!

AngelinaCinder

I have had my tubes tied over 5 years ago and since then I have never thought about pregnancy anymore thinking that it is not possible so I have never hoped to be pregnant ever again. I am having way too many signs of being pregnant and to be honest this is scaring me a little bit. I am having unexplained headaches, morning sickness, my eating habits have been changing dramatically as well as my weigh, I can easily see that my belly is enlarged and from my both breasts is leaking milk!!! I have had normal periods as usual even with my tubes tied and this was never a problem but now my period is unusually late. I'm wondering what these symptoms could be if not pregnancy, but if I'm pregnant how this is possible? I don't really know if home tests are reliable in my situation but when I have took one it had a negative result. Does anyone know what should I do now? Why I'm having these symptoms even though I have had a negative test result plus I'm almost sure that it is impossible to get pregnant with tied tubes? In general I'm very confused and I don't know what this all means! Please, some advices would be very helpful!