Pregnant and taking an antibiotic?

aNNaJa

Hi people. can you help please? if I am pregnant, am I allowed to take the antibiotic called zythromax 250 mg tablets to use in order to cure chlamydia? Any information regarding pregnancy – chlamydia – antibiotics (esp zythromax 250 mg) is going to be deeply appreciated!

vernita

Hey there annaja. I am not an expert and not an doctor so I can only give you an advice, it was what I would do if I would be you: I would either call a pharmacy or I would call my doctor and would ask him or her what I need to do. I am not sure whether is it safe to take zythromax 250 mg or it is not, but what I do know for sure is that in case you are pregnant then you definitely have to cure the chlamydia (you have to cure it anyway, but especially when you’re pregnant). That is why, you have to do something, to take something, not sure what, but something you need to do about that for sure. One not sure thing is if it is zythromax safe or not. anyway, don’t forget to update and to let us know when you find out if the medication is safe or not (for reference) and you could also tell us all what else is safe to take for chlamydia when you’re pregnant. I’m pretty sure you could help lots of women out there who need to find this out. good luck.

dessiepower

Well, yeah, as vernita said, I would also go to talk with a doctor about this, I would definitely not try to auto medicate myself, it can damage your baby. The time I was pregnant the docs were giving me only medications for babies like the time when I have got a cold or sinus (never had chlamydia). They were always prescribing me only medicines for baby ear infections. Having this said, I would definitely go and ask a doctor about this and I would see what they are saying. Besides, I would even go and ask different docs because there are docs who are having different opinions on drugs and while one of them might say that it is completely safe, other docs can say that it is completely forbidden as it would hurt your baby. I wish all the best for both of you. good luck. 

PikachuBzzz

The time I was pregnant I have had to use some antibiotics in order to clear up a bladder infection I got. Unfortunately I don’t remember what antibiotic I have been prescribed, however I just remember that it was prescribed by my ob, so I knew for sure that I was absolutely safe, otherwise I wouldn’t take it. as it was said, I would also call your doc or your ob and ask them what they think about it (that’s unless this drug has been prescribed to you by them and they know that you are pregnant). Besides, you could give them a phone call and ask only to make sure that they are aware that you’re pregnant and they gave you this medication and in case they are not then ask them what could happen. If they say it is not safe them go and visit them and ask what medicine could treat it and it is safe to use while you’re pregnant.

vernita

PikachuBzzz said:
</p><p>The time I was pregnant I have had to use some antibiotics in order to clear up a bladder infection I got. Unfortunately I don’t remember what antibiotic I have been prescribed, however I just remember that it was prescribed by my ob, so I knew for sure that I was absolutely safe, otherwise I wouldn’t take it. as it was said, I would also call your doc or your ob and ask them what they think about it (that’s unless this drug has been prescribed to you by them and they know that you are pregnant). Besides, you could give them a phone call and ask only to make sure that they are aware that you’re pregnant and they gave you this medication and in case they are not then ask them what could happen. If they say it is not safe them go and visit them and ask what medicine could treat it and it is safe to use while you’re pregnant.</p><p>
</p><p> </p><p>I think that she is not totally sure that she is pregnant yet. Maybe this is a mistake but at least this is the feeling that I have got from her post. Annaja please correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway, I just hope you’re going to be fine.</p>