seroquel's side effects

velma198

hey everyone. I’m a 20 years old female and I have been using Seroquel for a little bit less than 2 years now and in this time it has changed me so so much physically. Not just the weight gain (7 stones), confusion, lethargy, bad memory to mention by a couple… is there anybody who has ever used it? what are your effects? is there somebody who might got an advice for me? thank you in advance for your answer. I’m going to wait for them, for your suggestions and so on. Best wishes to you all.

Monique

Hey there velma, if I would be you then, personally, I would go to speak with my doctor about this (with the doc who prescribed it) and then see if they are able to either change my medication to some other anti psychotic drug or at least to adjust the dose to a normal one (to a helpful one). as much as I know about Seroquel (even though I’m not using it myself, but I’ve heard from people taking it), it can cause the following side effects – the very and very common neg effects are weight gain as well as sedation. With all meds, in case those side effects are still bothering you then I assume that you need to speak with that doc that has prescribed it to you and to see what are your options. There are other options that they can try to give you and on some of which you could have some better effects. there are some drugs that are more suited for you while others don’t. who knows? Maybe Seroquel is one of those who does not fit you? I hope this helps, sorry for so little info. I wish you good luck.

angelicabad

Oh… Seroquel might be very dangerous. Is there somebody who looks after you? I mean, I know all of this from my own experience. I have been on Seroquel until I have made an attempt on my life. I do know what it means that it has changed you completely. It did it on me too. I still don’t know what I have been thinking when doing it. thanks god they understood that it wasn’t me who is completely crazy but it is the drug and they got me off it. currently I’m fine. and.. 7 stone… wow, this is 98 pounds… that is damn too much. I strongly recommend you to go and see your psychiatrist as soon as it is possible. Good luck.

Candepoccus

oh wow. in case you have managed somehow to be on it for so long then you are doing much more better than I have done while on it. in fact, I was not on it, I have taken it only one time right before I went to bed and…. The next morning I woke up in completely different clothes than I have worn when going to bed and I have had a very big bruise across my forehead without me remembering where I have got it, how I changed my clothes and how I changed the places of a lot of things in my house. The first thing I thought when waking up was: somebody robbed me. then I saw my clothes on me, then my bruise and I understood that the robber was me. I guess there is no need to say that the doc took me off of it. now I am only using Ativan. And 7 stones… wow. why you’ve waited for so long? Now you’re going to have to face the problem with weigh gain. As others said: go right away to your doc and say that you need to change this med.

GreenUp

oh yeah, every single of the side effects that has been experienced here by these users are pretty common side effects of this med and this is the reason why I am avoiding to use any psychotropic med. At least for me it seems that the risks are much more worse than the supposed diseases that they are trying to cure so I think it is not worth it. as other user has said that she attempted a suicide, this is true, it is also increasing the risks of suicidal ideation, so why should I take it? one morning not to wake up because I killed myself without me knowing it? what’s the point of taking a drug that you’re at a very big risk from it. you either need to have somebody near you 24/7, or you’re risking to kill yourself. Angelica-bad, is very lucky that she hasn’t done it in the end. I suppose somebody saw you??

anyway, my advice is to stop using this drug and as sooner as better. I would recommend you to use something else in case you really need it, but in the end, in case the side effects are too bothersome then stop using it ‘cuz it is not worth it. and then try to search for some natural ways that would help you to cure your depression. they exist and they won’t have any side effects. they might not work instantly, but when they would, you will be completely fine. I wish you good luck and hope you’ll be fine.

kristen33

I’m joining the other people by strongly suggesting you to go and find yourself something that would be less harmful for you or even you could stop using all of it altogether (but, of course, you need to talk about it with your doctor, regardless of what you decide to do, change or stop it). and why I am recommending you so much to stop it? because I have seen how this drug has destroyed one friend of mine. This is so sad. I really can’t even understand why they are still selling it? money, I guess. My friend has gained a lot of weight (while, in the past she looked super sexy) and then,basically she has tuned into a walking zombie. To explain it better – this drug has sucked the life out of her, completely. She changed both physically and mentally. She wasn’t the person I knew anymore. now she is dead and she would be 27 years old if she were alive and I’m not trying to say that Seroquel itself has killer her, but I’m very sure that it has helped her, Seroquel played a very big role, in fact, I believed the biggest one. if she wouldn’t take it I believe she would be now here…

bigboy

Yes yes yes. This is true. Go and check it all with your doc. I can’t understand, you’ve been taking it for nearly 2 years and your doctor didn’t told you anything? He was refilling your scripts without even looking at you?? besides everything that has been told (all of which is true) there are also connections between stomach pains from the seroquel, I know it since I’ve been one of the victims. I recommend you too to go straight to your doc ASAP and to let him know about everything, about what it is going on cause the stomach aches can be very possible from the liver damage or the kidney damage from the drug. If taken for so much time it can also cause stomach ulcers. This is nothing to play around with. I have been myself on Seroquel for a year or so and I have been feeling sick on my stomach all that time, I mean, I have been sick for a year and only after one full year I have been told by my doc that this med is eating the lining of my stomach. It was some years ago and now it seems that I’m fine, although I’m not sure if fully fine. this is why, please go and visit your doctor right now.

Warmaded

I have been put on Seroquel (called quetiapine in UK) one year ago, my dosage was 200 mg per day and it has been slowly slowly increased to 600 mg per day. as Kristen has mentioned about a walking zombie – that’s true, I know because I am also permanently feeling like a walking zombie and I have been told by my psychiatrist that with time I am going to get used to this effect and it is going to end. however, this has happened more than a year ago and I am still permanently feeling a walking zombie or something. However, alike you, I have not put any weigh though (but I think that this is due to the fact that I am too tired to eat, I know it sounds stupid, but I really haven’t ate a lot of times only because I have been tired).

Anyway, I have seen the doctor today and the consultant psychiatrist called few hours later. and guess what? they have increased my dosage of Quetiapine (Seroquel) from 600 mg up to 800 mg and they have stopped to give me a couple of other drugs… well, the only good thing, I think is that I most likely won’t become any more groggyier… I guess. But who knows? LOL. Even so, at this dosage I probably won’t be very much aware of what I am doing, I know this is not good at all but it is what it is and there’s nothing left for me to do. at the very least, a couple of some other meds has been removed from my list of “to take” (hurray!!).

And, to answer the OP’s question then yeah… this medication is having some very bad and serious neg effects and to be honest I am scared to use it too, I can’t say that it does not scare me. however, over some time I have really seen and noticed those therapeutic results that I have had from using it. well, it’s a bit hard to explain and to understand. It is not like a pain medicine when for example your leg hurts and you take it and you start feeling better. with this thing, things are different. Like for example, the risk of taking this med for me is well worth, as well as for some other people, I’m sure. However there are other people that cannot tolerate the side effects. having that said and talking personally about me: it is better to go through the worsed stated side effects and long term effects (or better would be to say that it is less horrible) to life the quality of life that I have been living in the past when I was not using this drug. Once again, it is not what I have been thinking that it would be now when I started to use this drug but… once again… it is what it is…