Somebody can help me with gabapentin?

Ement

I’m not familiar with gabapentin but I would like to try it. I have heard some time ago about it but I have never taken it in consideration as something serious. I have asked my doctor about this drug because one of my friends recommended me to take it. I have severe neuropathic pain and I have tried so many other drugs and now I feel really bad because none of them worked for me as I wanted it to be. My doctor wasn’t familiar with this drug too, and this sounds strange to me as I think that a doctor should know the most important drugs. I think that he just find an excuse in order to avoid me taking this, and if this is right I would like to know why he decided like this.

In fact, I would like to add to what I say that this drug was recommended by one of my friends who currently is taking this drug but in addition he is smoking sometimes weed too. He is an epileptic and he used this drug for a long time. He told me that he feels okay and haven’t experienced any bad effects on his body because of this drug. Any information is accepted! What can you say? Would it be a good drug for me? Do I have to switch to this drug or I have to switch to another doctor?

JamesSs

This sound really strange for me your theory about the fact that your doctor just have found an excuse not to let you use the drug, and I think that he is just not familiar with this drug as he said. From the other hand it seems really strange for me to hear that actually your doctor is not familiar with this drug, as it is one the most used drugs for those with neuropathic problems, epilepsy and many other problems.

Anyway I think you should consult another doctor. As I understand you have tried so many drugs and none of them helped you, and it’s strange that you didn’t use this drug before.  Just try to talk with another doctor, I’m sure that he will agree with the fact that at least you have to try to use this drug.

Your friend is right about the efficiency of this drug.

hag32056

gabapentin is a really good drug, I’m using this drug for almost 3 years and trust me he is important for me like air. Of course I don’t use it every day, but when it is necessary I use it and it is amazing.

I have never experience bad effects because of this drug, but there was a period of 2 months If I remember well that it just stopped working and this was really hard for me to understand why. Thanks God I didn’t switch to another one because soon after this months and after a break up period for one month when I decided not to take it anymore, and when I started to take it again I experienced again the effect of the drug. That day I understood that I have to do some brakes and to use this drug just when necessary. I don’t know about other people but this is my own opinion, and my own experience the way it was. Hope that soon you’ll have your own too and I really hope that this drug will help you to get well.

2Mia

There is nothing strange in the fact that your friend took it with weed. I have heard so many people using gabapentin while smoking and they described a really pleasant sensation that they have experienced. I guess your friend is really happy about this drug because he is treating himself from epilepsy as well as having some fun while smoking weed. But this is not the strangest thing about his situation, I’m just not sure that in his condition hi should continue smoking weed. I’m quite sure that he has to quit doing this, especially because of his health problems. I’m not a doctor but I really think that his doc doesn’t know about this. If his doc will find out, I’m quite sure that he will stop prescribing him this drug. This is really sad to hear that people that already have health problem doesn’t even care about them self. I’m sorry if I offend you, but I think that people who continue to have a really disordered life even after they found out that they have a really serious disease are those who don’t care about their life. I hope that you really need this drug because of your disease and I hope that not because you want to experience the same thing that your friend have experienced.

Ement

No, I’m trying to find out the drug that will help me to get rid of the disease I have, at least that will be able to help me to feel better. I have never smoked weed in my life, and I even don’t want to try. My friend has his own decisions and I can’t blame him or judge him, I know him since I was a kid and actually he is a great guy. I have talked about this with him and he knows that this is not good for him but he told me that this is the only shelter he has. Still, I can’t understand him, but I can’t judge him. I have asked about this drug because he mentioned that it helps him with his disease and I thought that it could be a good one for me.

Anyway I’m really happy that you have been worried about me. Thank you and thank you all for all the reviews that you wrote here. Trust me this means really very much for me, and now I know that I have to think about visiting another doctor.! Have a nice day everyone, hear you soon with new information here.