Strange clicks in my head

brownscott

Hey people, I have a question about some strange clicks in my head that continue disturbing me for approximately 4 days. They don't hurt and I think they are somehow connected to the headache I had few days/ weeks ago. It doesn't persist all the time but I'm noticing that it's getting more often. I feel these clicks better when I'm walking or running or whenever I just bob my head up and down on an upward movement. These unstoppable clicks are getting very annoying because I can't focus or think about something else with them in my head. They are located in the back center of the back of my head. I'm worried if it doesn't have anything with my heart due to stronger feelings when the heart is beating faster and the blood pressure is a bit raised. I'm worried these clicks can be caused by some blood clot. I need an expert advice. If someone knows anything about it and could help please do not hesitate! I'm programmed to a doctor in few days but I want to know more about it! Thanks you all!

hooper

hey Scott, i assume that you're not the only one who has this kind of problem. as i read your post i remembered my friend

i want to know more about this too due to similar symptoms one of my friend has. the day before yesterday he complained about some kind of clicks he has for about a month in the back of his head. as you said, he feels it stronger when he's walking on an upward movement... he's getting really pissed off about it... and now he is more nervous than i used to know him. also he said something about eyelid twitching, you don't have this issue?

he said that at the beginning he though these head clicks will disappear, but now a month passed and it's the same, so my advice to you is to do something about it because probably the won't stop by itself... after you see your doctor please write here what he said and if he will give you some recommendations i'll be very thankful if you will share them with us.

if someone experienced something similar and knows what to do please help us and leave some advices! thanks everyone!

Cassuairtall66

Hey there, I have the same issue so I was wondering if you found out something useful until now? I am getting the same clicking sensation in my head and it’s really annoying so I can understand your friend. I also think that the exact location of these clicks I do feel in the back center of my head whenever I do an upward movement with my head, like when I’m walking, running or jumping. I’m also concerned whether if this is a blood clot since when my blood pressure is a bit raised these clicks starts again, so I’m really scared. Also I remember that I already had it when I was about 13 years old, but it disappeared without any known reason. However I started getting them again for some days and now I don’t know what I need to do to get rid of them. When I visited a doctor I said what is my problem but when I mentioned that I already had it he said that I need to relax because everything will be alright since it normal if I had it and it disappeared by itself. He didn’t make at least some test just in case. I mean, is this normal? I’m really concerned about my health and better safe than sorry. I’m thinking on going to another doctor to get another opinion and meantime maybe I will get some answers here? Thanks.

Thests1997

No responses? Why nobody can answer this? You can't imagine how happy I was seeing this topic because I'm in the same boat as you, but I thought that I'm going to finally see some answers but there's none :( Please someone respond if you know something about this clicks. I have like 2 weeks since I first experienced this clicking noise in the back of my head and there's nothing I can do to stop this. I know this sounds a little bit strange but it's like there is something loose in my skull and my first thought about this was that it might be the tonsils making this clicking sound and they are going to heal and this sound to disappear, I wasn't that lucky. I also notice it only when I'm walking or doing some exercises related to running or walking and that's why I think there is something loose in my skull. This is enough to make me going nuts! I hate it and I want it so bad to stop! I have absolutely no known issue and I have never been medically diagnosed with any mental illnesses but now I have to wonder what is wrong with me. But the way I'm very young, I'm only 17 and I'm afraid to tell about this problem my parents because they are going to think that I'm crazy and there's no problem as "clicking noise in the head". I would really like to know what I can do about this or at least to have some professional article about this and show my parents so they can believe me and send to a doctor for a treatment! Please someone give me a helpful hand!

UseyIII

I'm also suffering from the same clicking in my head near to the top and to be honest with you all, I'm glad to see that there are others who have the same things. I see from others that it is well noticed that it mostly occurs when walking, at each stride there is a click, an annoying click. After my experiments, notes and what I have noticed I can only say that these clicks are the reason of the sinus pressure. I had very much of these clicks and each time when this was happening I had either a sinus congestion or a cold just prior to it. When it occurs it is lasting some days or a week and then goes away and then it starts and so on. I'm not sure if we can do something about it to stop them once and for ever but I'm almost sure that it is not something really serious or life threatening. I don't really know how it is for you but for me it makes sense... because when I'm blowing my nose when I have a cold I can hear a bunch of clicks really fast after that. This is all related to pressure in our sinuses and the clicking sound on the top of our skull when walking is produced due to sinus pressure congestion of a cold and that's it. I don't have any degrees and I'm not a doctor but I assume this is our problem, whatsoever everyone thinks what they want. Have a nice day!

Suffes

I’ve done a research about this because I’m having the same symptoms as you guys and now I’m trying to figure it out. No, unfortunately I didn’t found anything but here is what I’m thinking and what it might be. So, whenever I’m walking or I’m getting up or down stairs I can hear something like a cracking. This thing I have is also painless as you said. I firstly noticed some noise few days after I got my wisdom teeth out and I thought that it might have something to do with the fact that I’ve got my teeth extracted. This is the reason why I thought it can be TMJ related thing or something. Another thing I thought it might be (but I’m not sure either) that the sound is coming from my neck… perhaps. My 3rd and last idea about this (but I guess with less luck) is that it could be related with some high blood pressure. That’s because I was told to take vicodin that should lower my blood pressure. In the beginning I thought that it may be a side effects of the drug, or simply my imagination but I’ve returned back to my work so I’m no longer on drugs that’s why there’s no way of being a drug side effect or my imagination. I have also noticed that during my workday I have frequent headaches so I thought that it is blood pressure… I’ve decided to talk to other people that have these symptoms so that’s why I need to talk to you. Anybody have some thought about this? Is anybody else suffering from high blood pressure or I’m the only one? I would like to know if there are any connections between these two. If you don’t then what do you think?

vicent999

Hey there all, to be sincere I’m pretty shocked that there are so many people that are having this issue too. I thought that it might be very uncommon. I firstly started to notice it approximately a month ago. firstly it appeared when I was walking fast (I was in a rush) but later I saw that it appears when I carry heavy things too. fast walking and carrying heavy things makes the occurrence of this clicking thing and nothing else more. this is like a snapping sound that it’s located in the right side of my forehead. One more thing here to mention is that after about 20 minutes after the clicking sound has started, I also get a very strange dull ache. What I have been shocked with is that whenever I press on that spot – it is stopping. Like I have a button there. another thing I wanted to share with you is that I’ve been suffering from a dull sensation in front of my head too when I’m trying to get up after I have sat down a little. I’m not sure if these things are connected with one another but I wanted to ask if anybody here has it. besides, like I have seen on some sites, I’m noticing it ONLY when I’m outside, when I’m inside of my house I don’t have it (but I guess it is because I don’t carry heavy things or walk fast inside). I’m trying to calm myself telling that there’s nothing wrong but sometimes I do get a feeling like something is wrong with my brain and if there would be somebody who could explain it all then I would be infinitely happy. Thanks for posting.