swelling under my eye!

kilian

I would like to ask a question that makes me feel a little bit worried about my situation. Everything started yesterday when I was at the birthday party. I remember that we were celebrating and we were eating different type of foods when suddenly I started to have a big swelling under my right eye. First of all I started to think that maybe it’s an allergic reaction to something that maybe I don’t know I have but it’s a little bit strange because I have never had something like this during my entire life. I’m not an allergic person and I don’t think that it could be an allergic reaction anyway since I never had anything like that before. I remembered all the foods that I have eaten yesterday and I remember very well that everything that I tried is something that I have eaten before, nothing new for me. The second thing that I started to think is that maybe it’s something like bugs under eyes, but in this case it seems to be a little bit strange that I have just one bug under one eye.  After approximately 1 hour the swelling passed away and I forgot about this, I thought that it was nothing important. Today I woke up with the same problem, I mean with the swelling under my eye and I don’t know what to think, I don’t think it’s something normal, generally because it’s something that happens for the second time which means that it can happen in the future too, therefore, there’s a problem.

I didn’t drank anything yesterday, so it’s impossible to have some problems because of alcohol. I really hope that it’s nothing serious but I would like to know your opinion anyway. Most of all it makes me feel worried just because of one swelling. Honestly I have never heard about such situations, I know many things about swelling under the eyes but not about under one eye, so it’s scary. Thank you very much for everything.

Raceiziendas

I think that I have the same thing, I observed such a thing during a long period of time, and I have tried so many things to do in order to eliminate this thing, a lot of natural things that seem to help but after a time it appeared again. It’s more than 4 years now that I have this thing and the worst from this is that it happens occasionally and I can’t control this thing. One day it happened at the work and I have had a very important meeting, I felt so ashamed and I couldn’t continue my job. I was crying because all the people were looking at me and I didn’t knew what to do. of course during these years I developed my observation skill and I noticed that usually it starts to swell when I have a cold or usually when I didn’t slept normally, I mean less than 8h. if I slept 4 or 5 hours per night I know for sure that I’ll have the swelling part. If I decide to drink some alcohol it also affects my situation, and even if I drink just one cup of wine it’s enough for me to have it again. There are also those days when I have it and I can’t explain it, not so long ago I have had it again but the thing is that I start to suppose that maybe it’s liked with my stress situation that I have now at work, so I know that it can also influence my general well being. Besides I feel that I have my eye swelled again when I’m angry or nervous too.

This thing makes me feel strange and confused. I still can’t make a conclusion about this because the causes of the swelling are too different and too various.  First of all because it can happen when I have cold, when I drink or even when I’m nervous.. I’m confused. I’m still looking for the answer and hope that we’ll find it soon because I can’t live like this anymore.

lachland3443

it’s a sinus swelling and I’m glad that I’m not the only one that have it. From your descriptions I started to compare it to my situation. My eye is swelling all the time it wants without reasons and it’s been 6 years since it started for the first time and I still can’t explain what that is. I asked my doctor about this, and he was the one who explained me about the sinus swelling.  I have had it for 6 years and during these years I was able to collect some of things that could help me and I think that it will be a good idea to share it here to you, maybe it can help you too:

1. The first thing that I observed is that usually when I’m in a wet room I feel okay, and my swellings start to disappear. It usually happen to me when it’s a rainy day that’s why I decided to do an amazing thing to rise the humidity in my room, just put a humidifier in your room and close all the doors and all the windows to get a better effect, it will help you instantly and it also can help you to avoid the swelling for the next morning, usually it helps me all the time. (besides, OP said that it started to appear when he was at the party which means that most like, humidity level was very and very low, there’s an explanation on that no?)

2. Another thing that helps me usually in the summer when it’s too hot it’s a cooler in my room besides the conditioner that works. I put it for some hours, and again I close up all the doors and windows to have a better result after this when the room is cold enough it’s okay to stay there, to sleep or to do all the work that you need, of course you can cool all your house if you can and if you have enough coolers and conditioners. It’s a great idea again, to avoid the swelling eye for the next morning when you sleep in such a room (once again, his swelling went away, and in the next morning he got them back – because of humidity level was low).

3. If you ask what to do when you are out of your house there is just one thing that I found that can help and it’s the ice. The only problem is that you can’t take it with you and that’s why usually when I couldn’t find ice I’m usually going to shops and buy something from refrigerators, it can be a coke or something else that is frozen and to put it under your eye, good enough to avoid the swelling for some hours.

Really hope that I helped you at least with some advices and really hope that it will work on you at least a little bit how it works on me.

kilian

Cool ideas out there, I have never thought about this, but I swear I’ll try to do this because I’m getting very scared about this swelling and I don’t what to have it again.. I imagine the situation when the eye swells when you are at work, I’m so sorry about this, I hope that you’ll try to use these methods too and hope that it will help you to avoid the same situation again. Thank you very much

Isa Bella

I agree that this is sinus but actually you have to know that usually sinus is colligated with allergies and viruses so that’s why the advices that you have described are not so good for this situation. I know very well that actually this can happen but I recommend you to talk with your doctor. First of all you have to know that if this is having an connection with a virus or with some allergies, this is something that has to be cured and you should not forget about it. My little daughter has had the same thing some years ago and when we talked with our doctor he immediately was able to prescribe us some drugs and medicines that helped her very much. He told us that people that don’t have an adequate attitude about this usually have some problems with eyes and there are situations when you can actually lose your vision because of this. I don’t think is a good idea, better to ask and to do something for this. I don’t want to say that you can’t use these advices but be sure that besides this you are curing your swelling and you can be sure that it’s not just a temporary elimination. Treat it and make sure that everything would be alright, otherwise you can end bad which I don’t wish you to have