The smell changes after menopause?

Wasoness

Hey everyone, I am new here on the forum and this is going to be my first post ever. Anyway, I would really like to ask everyone who is interested to write down his or her opinion and to answer my question. Well, everything started when I was looking up for information on the internet for a medical problem that I am suffering now. my husband and I started to have a discussion about it and we started to talk about sex and women so after a couple of minutes/hours he said (in a kind of way) that I seem to have a different smell now. different from he used to know before I reached the menopause. I am talking about the sexual smell of the vaginal area. He said that it is not some kind of a bad smell, it is only different but anyway it is not the smell that makes you wanna go down for an oral sex so much as it was before. Even though he didn’t had any bad intentions it still bothered be pretty much especially because I am having some other medical problems now. I went to a doctor a couple of months ago when he told me that I am post menopause (I am 50 years old now). yeah, I understand that it doesn’t seem to be such a big problem or something like that but this thing only made all the situation even worse. It even made me cry. Obviously I didn’t wanted him to see me crying but still… I would gently like to ask you to leave a comment below with your opinion and to ask if is here anybody else who ever heard about it or also have been told the same kind of thing. if you’re post menopausal and you never talked with your husband about it, please ask him if something changed, if he noticed some changes to the smell. Also, I understand very well that this won’t make any difference and that my post seem to be a little bit useless but I still want to know it and if anybody knows what I am talking about.

GreenUp

Well, I guess I did have some changes in smell after the menopause. My periods were never smelly but after the infrequent periods that started for about 2 years really had some stink. The stink finally stopped as soon as they stopped completely. I really hated the fact that I am being smelly almost all the time and it didn’t matter how many times or how I was cleaning myself. I even changed the shampoo and still the smell remained there. because this stink was almost unstoppable for a prolonged time, of course my husband noticed that I am having this strong smell. He also told me about this in a non offensive way but it still was offensive. Anyway I suggest you not to worry because it goes away, however, it needs time. Don’t let this thing ruin your life or make you carry another brick. I just suggest you to keep yourself clean especially down there and you’ll be fine. I’m sure about that.

litalta

Hey there, I know what are you talking about, I am also having this stink and I am having this for entire months now. It is hard dealing with it. when my son came in the bathroom after I have used it he said that it something smells bad. Obviously he doesn’t know what is that but I felt myself embarrassed. Of course my husband also noticed it and later he noticed that this stink comes from me and I felt myself even more embarrassed. I am wondering if this would ever end! I have been having spotting on and off for a couple of months now too. I have a feeling that they are connected to each other. After I have done some recent labs they have showed estriodol levels less than 20. I have been scheduled to see a doctor in a few days and hopefully he would be able to tell what’s wrong with me. I am under the birth control called Yaz. Maybe it is a reaction from it? Is there anybody else taking this birth control? I am 48 years old and I have never had any bad odor in my whole life (obviously, except the time I wasn’t clean). Now I am always clean but I still stink all the time and this is very hard to live with. Much harder than it seems to be when you don’t have it. Now, it is a real problem that I am trying to deal with and I have used two things in order to keep my sexual life still active (otherwise I doubt that my husband would want to have sex with me). I am ALWAYS having a shower before (and after it too) we’re going to have a nice time together in bed. So, when I am in the shower I put a little bit Johnson’s Baby powder around my legs. Just around my legs and not inside the genital area. I am putting it near the inner thigh creases so it would keep the stink away at least until we’re having fun. This helps but then I have found another thing so I am mixing them together: strawberry astroglide. I use it for lubrication. Using both of them the smell is pleasant and my husband never complained about something when he is going down on me having oral sex. After we’re finishing our nice time I go and have another shower but by the morning the stink is there again. I am happy that I found out how to keep the stink away at least for a couple of minutes while having sex but I would really want to get rid of it completely!