Ultrasound misses pregnancy?!?!

dessiepower

Yesterday I went to doctor and I couldn't sleep all night because of the ultrasound he made! He said he doesn't see anything in uterus! I wasn't expecting that since I though I am about 33 weeks pregnant! I had a positive test and my menstrul period misses all this time!!! Moreover I gained 9-10 lbs in the last 2 weeks, I have back pain alike my first pregnancy and feelings of movements!!!! This phenomenon I experienced just when I was pregnant with my first boy. Now I'm totally shocked!!! All clear signs of pregnancy but vaginal ultrasound can't find anything! Could it be some mistake and he couldn't see my baby there?? Or what the hell could have happened? I just can't believe I'm not pregnant, I was waiting for it so happily and now I feel like I'm going insane! Please someone tell me that ultrasound can sometimes miss pregnancy! It happened before to someone else? Leave your answers I beg for it!!!!

KKeira

Hello, this is happening to me right now and I do know how you feel. I couldn't and I still can't believe when the doctor said I'm not pregnant, how can this be? I have two other children 5 years and 11 years old and I felt the same way as I feel now: my stomach is much bigger, tender and bigger breasts, I have sickness in the morning and I know for sure that I felt movement there, moreover my husband felt it too when he put a hand on it. If I'm crazy and I didn't felt nothing then how he felt it too? I know that I'm not crazy and I know for sure what did I felt and that there is a little angel. I also have the same back pain as I had when I was pregnant with my first 2 children. I just can't understand why doctors didn't see anything and said that I'm not pregnant? They just keep saying that I'm experiencing gas. Can this be true? Now that I've read your post and know that there are other women who have this I'm much surer that everything what doctor said is mistake that is stressing me out. I'm truly scared because of this and I truly hope that this is either a doctor's mistake or a machine mistake which isn't working properly. However, did you find something new? Is your baby alright or the doctors were right? Maybe you have some useful information? Or anyone else? please?

HayLey

Keira and Dissie, today I just had an internal and external ultrasound and they also couldn't see anything there. It can't be real! I would be about 8 weeks pregnant! I missed my period 2 months and I do feel pregnant, I have lower right side pain and many others! I know that I'm not crazy too, I never had any mental disorders or major health issues but now I'm truly confused about what I'm feeling and what the doctors are saying. I don't if the technicians were looking were they supposed to! That's why I've had the same thought as you Keira, that it is a machine mistake which isn't working properly! However doctors say that I might have just simply gas and my period is missing due to stress. I'm not! I have no stress! Now I'm having a lot of questions in my mind, if it's not a baby than what is making me feel this way? How long I'm going to be like this? I'm out of ideas there's nothing I can do but take care of myself, and try not to think too much about this as well as pray and hope that all is and will be well in the end. I really would like to know what is going on and if someone had their baby please respond!

Isa Bella

Both my pregnancies were blood tested with negative result up to 12 weeks with my daughters. Many doctors said that there's naturally impossible to have a blood hcg level of literally zero and still be pregnant, especially in such a period. My daughters are real life proof that this isn't so impossible after all and even if your tests show up a negative results every week you still may be pregnant (even if the blood hcg level is zero). I remember when I've had all the symptoms for being pregnant (late period, sore breasts, tired, and I've had my bladder full all the time) and the doctor said that I'm not and I shouldn't think about that so much. At my second pregnancy I knew for sure that I'm not crazy because I felt the same way with my first one (so I didn't take in consideration at all what the doctors said). Now my story is exactly the same, I have same symptoms so I know I'm pregnant despite negative tests, as I feel exactly like before... Well, my conclusion is that a woman knows better her body than anyone else like a doctor, a machine or some tests. I cannot say what is going on but I know that we're not crazy!

Claudia100

Hello Isa Bella! I'm going thru a similar situation right now! I had pregnancy symptoms for about two months and when I've done a home pregnancy test it came back positive, I was so happy you can't imagine! That was about in the 6th week, two days after I've went to the hospital for a blood test and it came back negative! Then I've done another home pregnancy test 3 weeks later and it came back positive again but the second day the same story: negative blood test. This is crazy and I don't know how I'm going to resist like this! I just keep hoping that your words are going to be true. My pregnancy symptoms didn't stop and I still have them: my breasts are abnormally huge and they are tender, my freckles are darker and I have some morning sickness. I've mentioned only the most common symptoms but I have a lot of others as well! 6 days ago when I was around 11 weeks, I've had a pelvic but the doctor said that I'm crazy even before looking through something. He said that it's just fat and probably I'm experiencing gas. Said that my uterus is normal sized and then made an ultrasound (barely accepted this) and said that there's no baby. I can't believe his attitude and how unserious he was. I know that it sounds strange already, but as everyone here who were called crazy, I know that I'm not!!!! I keep hoping that everything is alright. Anyway, the person who wrote the original post, what updates you have? I see that some months already passed, you should know your result now.

anaesa

I also know that a lot of women don't feel any pregnancy symptoms in the beginning and they are clueless that they are pregnant in that time. Some feel that they are pregnant, some don't feel pregnant until the baby is big enough to hear the heartbeat or to see the baby in ultrasound. In my opinion this is perfectly normal. But sometimes you can think that you are pregnant if you're wishing this for too long and too much. A human brain is very powerful. It can give you these sensations even though you're feeling perfectly fine. For example: try to imagine that you have salt on your tongue and you'll be able to feel salt on your tongue few minutes later even though there's nothing. I really don't want to disappoint you, but it can be so. Life is an interesting thing as well as our brain. Maybe you have a special pregnancy and you're giving birth to a genius :) Maybe your baby is growing slowly or she's a girl and she'll be a tiny one. It depends on a lot of factors. I really wish that your dreams will come true, but don't lose your mind if it won't. Good luck on your further doctor appointments and may the God be with you all :)

miranda2

It seems that I'm going thru the same situation right now so I wonder if I can get some help here. I have had my last period exactly a month ago and since then I have done 5 home pregnancy tests and they all were positive! More than this I'm having all the pregnancy symptoms I should get as a pregnant woman: I'm feeling sick, weak and I'm always moody, I'm unusual hungry and I'm going to wc more than I got used as well as my boobs are sore for almost the whole month. I haven't got any doubts that I'm pregnant because of the symptoms plus the positive tests I got, however 2 days ago I went to a doctor just to ask him whether everything is alright with my baby and I was truly shocked when he has done an ultrasound and said that he cannot see any signs of pregnancy. The technician told me it was too early to see it so I still have some chances of being pregnant. My next appointment is in 12 days (2 weeks since my first visit) but all this is making me feel confused. This should be my first kid and I don't know how I should feel or what I should do. I want this baby so much and I don't know what I'm going to do if I will get again a negative result in two weeks...

bluemoon

hey girls, i am in the same boat as everyone here and i am wondering what is going on. i didn't had a blood test but when i had a urine test the result was negative and i was shocked! the doctor refused to make an ultrasound because of the urine negative test and i went immediately to a private clinic and asked for an ultrasound. when the result was the same i started to cry like crazy. i still cannot believe it. the doctor told me that he is unable to see something but i was supposed to be around 15 weeks pregnant now. i have so many symptoms of being and i even can feel flutters but the ultrasound showed nothing. how is that even possible? i know that it's not only in my mind, i can feel it very well, i just need help, please someone!

HayLey

Hey girls! I knew it from the very beginning and now I have very good news! I am pregnant! Don't let the doctors stress you out and if you know for sure that you're pregnant, if you're feeling that you're pregnant then believe in what your heart says and not their machines. I forgot to write back my updates when I found out that I'm pregnant (when their machines finally showed a positive result) and these days I remembered about this forum and decided to keep you updated and to give you a little hope. Now I'm feeling just great! My baby is perfectly healthy and I'm 35-36 weeks pregnant. Doc said that it is the first time when he saw something like that, I mean the ultrasound to miss the pregnancy, and anyway I proved him that it is possible. Now my baby is always moving (even right in this moment) and he's growing normally. By the way I have a boy :) Good luck to you and believe in yourself.