Want to ask about pregnancy in young age

VictoryA

Hey ladies, I would like to get your feedback if possible! I would really like to know what it is like to be pregnant at a young age? A woman who can tell me her story would be perfect!

I mean I would like to know how is to be pregnant really young like 14 to 17-18 years old? I mean I have a lot of questions! It is going to be perfect if we could talk in private but here are my questions:

How do you deal with it? You got pregnant because it was planned or not? If not then it was a real surprise for you or you thought that this could happen? If yes, I really would like to know what was the reason of getting pregnant so young, I'm sorry if this seems an uncommon question for you but I do know that usually girls in a young age avoid getting pregnant. Also, were you really scared or it was something really slightly and temporary? Also, after you gave birth what happened to your body? I mean did you had a lot of changes or it got back as usual within some time? And after giving birth did you gave your kid for adoption or you decided to raise him or her? Or you had an abortion? In general how it all was? When you were pregnant and when you gave birth to him or her, it was as expected or something different? But the father to your children? Was he a lot older than you or about the same age as you? Did he helped you somehow or he left you alone? What was everything like? If you would have the option to wait little more years would you wait? How are you dealing with everything and how hard is it for you? Especially if there are some single mommies how are you dealing with it?

I am asking all these questions because one of my friend is only 16 years old and she is now 6 months pregnant and she seems to be so happy and full of life, she doesn't regret it at all and she told me that it is about to keep the baby and give him everything he needs, love, money, mother's care and everything. I do love children very much and I want to have one too even though I'm only 17 years old. I see all those girls with their children and they seem so happy. I do know what the consequences are so I consider myself ready to have a baby, but despite all my trying with my long term relationship with boyfriend I have only failures. All these things are inspiring me, I see a lot of teen mommies doing very well even though they are younger than me. I do believe in God and in his decisions so I believe that if I cannot get pregnant right now I should not be sad. Until I will get pregnant I will wait and learn everything I can so that's why I'm asking all these questions. I'm sorry maybe it sounds that I'm too curious and I'm giving too many questions but I really would love to know someone who made thru it at early age and can share with me her experience. I would really appreciate any opinions and I would love to hear someone's story, I'm very interested and as more details you will give as better it is going to be. Thank you everyone for your time and I'm sorry for a such long post, I thought it is going to be shorter)))

iampregnant

So... I will try to answer some of your questions though I don't know why I'm doing this, maybe I just need to talk to someone, talking to someone always made me feel better.

I'm now pregnant 5 months and I got 17 years old just recently. I got pregnant from my ex-boyfriend who is now 19 and he left after some time when he found out I'm pregnant, but initially he told me that he is happy... Seems it was just words… Obviously it was an accident and obviously I'm scared now but there's nothing I can change at this time.

To be honest I don't know if I would go back in time and change things if I would have this opportunity. Sincerely I love my baby even though he or she isn't born yet but there's also other things that would make me do it... At first my parents didn't like the news that I'm pregnant but later they understood that there's nothing they can do now and they accepted it, but it took a whole month...

About abortion I'm totally against! I would never have an abortion because I think this is murdering your child without giving him or her a chance to live, by the way my parents are too against abotion. To be honest, I thought about getting an abortion, but alter I understood that abortion is so wrong… Also I don't like the idea of giving him or her for adoption unless there's absolutely no chance that you can take care of him, but thanks God I'm not living in such miserable conditions and my parents told me that they will help with what they can though I have to take care on my own of my mistakes. In a way I understand them and I agree with this. I already see that my relationships with my friends are getting worse and worse, anyway now I see what kind of "friends" I had.

Now I start to understand that I will have no fun time at least first few years because I really doubt that I will have money for a babysitter and my parents won't give money for this. I start to understand that I'm going to sacrifice a lot of things for him or her. About other things it's too early for me to tell you, I guess. Hope you've got something useful.

Skurrie

Hey girls, how are you? I'm currently only 16 years and I'm now 4 and half months pregnant. Honestly, my pregnancy was an accident, it happened quickly. I haven’t had a chance to decide. The guy with whom I got pregnant is 17 years and as soon as he found out – he left. Few months ago I still called him my boyfriend but now he’s nothing more than the father to my baby.

Honestly, if I would have the ability to go back in time, one part of me would tell me that I should wait and all this is a mistake, however, there’s another part of me who says that I would not change anything and I would leave everything exactly in the way it is. Oh, well, I understand – I’m young, maybe too young to have a baby but hey, how many girls got pregnant at this age and they made thru it? The point is that indeed - it's a very scary thing, at this age one barely can take of himself but here comes another soul to take care. However, once you've got attached to that little angel inside of you, other things doesn’t matter. Sincerely, now it's hard for me to imagine my life without him and I know that I would go crazy if one day doctor would tell me that I’ve lost him.

Anyway, this is for me personally but I'm sure that there are other girls the same age that would tell you the same thing. I know it because once it happened, you don’t have another choice than to be happy because soon you’ll become a mother. Abortion is a thing that I don’t like to talk about and if you’re up to it then I really don’t think that we’ll ever become friends.

P.S. I’m going very well throughout most part of my pregnancy, especially compared to other women. I’m just feeling always tired and on an occasion a little nauseous but nothing else than that. I don’t know if I’m gonna be a good mother at this age, but I know for sure that I’ll do my best for it! You can message me and we could talk more about it if you want. I have lot of other things to say if you’re interested. Good luck to you and god bless you regardless of what you will choose.

VictoryA

oh WOW! I never thought that I'm going to get so clear and detailed answers! I'm very glad but oh God, I'm very shocked! Aren't you girls very and very scared? I mean, c'mon, you have only 16 and 17 but as are you describing you're doing even better than those who are getting pregnant are 20+. You're boyfriend left you, you are alone with your baby but you seem sooooo happy and it doesn't seem that you care that he left you, Skurrie. BTW, why did your boyfriend left you? He said something before he left? Was he scared or what? It just doesn't enter into my mind? You call him just the daddy to your baby and you don't call him your boyfriend because he left do you?? Do you think he will ever return? Will you ever call him? You are so young being only 16 but you sound like you're 26. I'm pretty shocked now! wow! oh yeah, do you still go to school, what you've done about that? OK, maybe you're still going to school now, but after you'll give birth? How you plan to manage school and your baby? Also, how did you girls suspected that you were pregnant? You said that it was an accident, but you expected that it could happen? I'm very interested about what did your boyfriends thought, said? imo you're very strong as personalities. I don't know if I could manage all this in the same way as you are. I want to have a baby too but...  It sounds crazy to me. I'm just very glad you girls are doing great! Good luck to both of you and thanx that you've replied to my post!

ameeo

Hey there. I’m gonna be honest with you and tell you the things how they really are. The first thing I need to tell you is don’t let anyone tell you or to force you in doing any kind of thing that you don’t want to do such as abortion and etc. I’m now 19 years old and I have a 6 month old daughter and I was told by many that I should have an abortion and I was told about many things I didn’t wanted to do and I didn’t. Now I’m doing even better. I was also told not to leave the father to the baby because it is going to be twice as hard as is it now (we are no longer together also) but I know that I’ve done the right thing because he was a really bad influence for my baby. He isn’t responsible and he’s definitely not ready to become a father he is. That is why I am now alone being supported only by my parents and the baby’s father is giving me some money each month and that’s it. As I said, I’m gonna be honest with you so I don’t want to lie, being a teen parents is hard. Not so long ago I went back to school to finish it (the baby stays with my parents or sometimes with a baby sitter. However, finding a baby sitter can be really hard. Especially a good one. I know that I’m not the best mother out there but I’m really trying to. Money is something that doubtless you will need. It is expensive to hire a baby sitter and in general everything. There are a million of thing that you don’t even think about them of needing when you are pregnant but when you already have your baby you realize pretty quickly about them and everything you and your baby needs. More than that – you just cannot suddenly go out or something like that. You don’t have time to relax or something. Even now – I’ve found few minutes of relaxing and I’m surfing the net but I have to go. even time for 10 minutes shower is difficult to find. When your baby is sick then there’s twice as time needed. I forgot the last time when I had a good and lasting sleep.

Yes, everything I’ve told you there you perhaps already knew and yes, it is true, however, I had the most rewarding experience I have ever had in my life when I see my daughter trying to speak and trying to have her own steps. There are moments when it makes me cry out of happiness seeing her so cute and realizing that with my love and encouragement I gave her she is on her path to success. When you keep your baby in your hands and you look at him you realize that you are ready to give the whole world just to keep her safe and happy. Being a teen parents isn’t easy but it is worth it. At least for me.

Oh yes, now it is really hard for me but without my parents support I don’t know how I’d get through all this… Special thanks to them…

Felicia_Feliz

I am going to be 20 years old in 25 days and now, I am 9 months pregnant. I am due in maximum two weeks now to have my baby. Obviously, this was not planned. I am too young and I never wanted to get pregnant, however, now, that it is soooooo close until my little baby arrives, honestly, I don’t regret anything and I don’t regret at all that my boyfriend and I decided to keep this baby. We’re going to name him Ryan and we’re extremely happy to be parents. Initially we were scared and when I found out that I was pregnant there was nothing to be happy about. However, we’ve changed and we’ve decided. My boyfriend is still with me and we are together for a little more than three years now. I am very lucky to have him near me, especially because I was afraid that he could leave as a lot of boys are doing it in his age. But he is very excited to be a father too even though he is the same age as I am. In fact, I am a couple of months older than him, haha. I am lucky that he is near me whenever I need him and I am also very happy that his and my family accepts all this situation and the fact that I am pregnant. Yeah, when my mother just found out that I am pregnant she was very upset with me, however, we discussed about it and she helps me. and I like when she is rubbing my belly and is talking to it, haha. Currently, I am a senior in a high school that I need to graduate in this june. Well, the entire school thing is pretty though now, much tougher than it was before. However, there’s a parenting program for girls like me in my school and it helps us giving us free daycare and other.  Honestly that is helping me very much. The struggle I had was the daycare but now that’s not a problem anymore. well, as soon as I graduate I should be all set. I am also thankful to my mother who is working for the courthouse and now she is trying to get me a job there if she succeeds it would be awesome! Even so, with all this help I am getting from a lot of people (which is why i am very thankful to them) this whole thing is very hard. Obviously I don’t know how is to be pregnant when someone is older, but being pregnant at almost 18 years is hard. I am waiting now to see how it is going to be when I’m going to have my little one. Despite all the problems, the fact that it is truly hard and all other together there’s this little happiness inside of me that’s keeping me up!

pinkygirl

I am now 17 years old and I am still with the father of the baby. For the first six months of this pregnancy I was almost sure that I am going to give the baby up to adoption as soon as I give birth to her. however, everything changed when I got a clearer picture of this little angel. My entire attitude changed and now I won’t give it to NOBODY! I am going to an alternative school now and I hope that I would graduate on time! The only thing left now is to wait until my little girl is here but I really can’t wait! I am so excited!