Alcohol causing back pain

Hello people! I am a newbie here but I would like to get some answers if possible please! Any insight could be thankful so just write here please everything you know about it or at least maybe someone heard something related to this.

I noticed that somehow alcohol is causing really bad back pain when I reach a certain point and if I continue drinking the pain is just getting worse and worse without stopping. It probably started when I was clubbing and drinking mixed alcohols. There is sometimes when the pain doesn't assist at my drinking session :) but unfortunately it occurs every second time I do it. I know that alcohol is not my friend and this seems not to be a big problem - stop drinking and stop the pain, but I am 21 years old male. Of course I want to live normally like all the rest and without back pain.

I don't know how to explain how the pain is, it just starts in the upper - middle back and it's like moving under my ribs in the front of my torsoe. The pain is really bad, sometimes I think that I will just simply fall down and lay there until the pain passes away. I didn't consulted my family doctor because he will let my parents know about it and it is not the best idea because they will just simply say not to drink.

What could this be and what can I do to get rid of the pain? (exept to quit drinking at all) Let me know everything you have, I will appreciate it very much! Thanks all!

slimmy65

hey there, i'm also 21 year old, female, and i'm in the same situation as you. this problem recently ocured and i don't understand what caused it. i used to drink when i was freshmen in my colledge almost every weekend and i don't remember having at least the smallest pain in my back. for no reason i just simply stopped drinking and i was not drinking for some months. for some months ago i started drinking again on weekends and the pain started appearing. first time this back pain happened if i had a lot of drink shots but slowly slowly the pain started appearing no matter how much i drink. i've had a very intense pain these days only from 2 shots of rum and the pain is really painful and insupportable so i understand you perfectly. i've searched for some information to figure out what's wrong with me and i haven't found absolute nothing useful. all the info i get is for alcoholics, for those who are constantly drinking and they might have abdominal pains or upper back pains. i'm desperate finding something. i would be very and very happy if someone could give me at least a hint of what is the problem which is causing our terrible back pain.

Windsor

Unbelievable! I didn't imagine that there is something else with this issue. I've spend years of trying to find at least a hint about this problem but I never found yet. I've asked different doctors in specialized in different fields but no one could help me and I've searched all over the internet and still no response. I only found few forums where people were complaining about a similar problem, and that's how I found you guys. I would like to ask you with what kind of alcohol were you experiencing this? Or it doesn't matter and all kind of alcohol is affecting you? I'm asking you this because it seems that some kind of alcohol isn't causing me this terrible pain, it seems that I can drink them and everything is alright. That's why I thought that maybe there is a specific ingredient in some specific brands of alcohol that is causing us suffer? However I'm really happy that at least someone is having the same problem, I'm not feeling so alone knowing that someone understands me. My story starts when I also was in high school, 18 years, clubbing and really drinking very much, all kind of alcohol, even I used to mix them all. But now I can drink only few shots (as slimmy, 2 shots is enough) and I start feeling that really terrible pain. When this is happening I stop everything I was doing before for about 15-20 minutes, I literally can't do anything. I also started having pains in my back, but lately I've noticed that I also have some pains in my chest, don't you have it too guys? I think that if doctors can't help us then we should try to do something about this.

HolyHolly

Hello, I'm a 35 years old female with same symptoms as everyone here. I don't drink very frequently - mostly one time a month but the pain is continuing like that every time. It starts in the mid back, shoulder blades and comes around the bottom of the ribcage, lasts for about 20 minutes and then suddenly goes away (I don't know for sure if it's the exact same as you have). I know how bad and intense the pain is, I hold my breath usually when this is happening and I also know how frustrated you can be when no one can help you, no doctor has a diagnose for you and it seems that there's nothing you can do about it! I've tried to talk to them to (couple of times with different doctors in different cities). I'm trying my last chances and hopes now at some doctors but if nothing comes out again I guess I'm just going to stop drinking alcohol at all (for me isn't a big problem stopping drinking, but I am really curious what is wrong with me). If someone finally gets a diagnosis for this please post, I guess you're going to help a lot of people if you will do so.

Emil L1972

Your description of the pain matches mine exactly.

I am 42 now and have had this for years already, which is why I have never been a heavy drinker. Whenever I drink 9 out of 10 times I experience this excruciating pain across my shoulders and mainly in my right shoulder causing me to feel crippled, this is as a pain that makes me hold my breath, all this lasts for about 15 min and then the pain slowly start to go away and every symptom disappears and I can stay and drink having great time.

I really like mixed fruity drinks but I stay away from them as well as from heavy drinks. I can let myself have some fruity or heavy drinks only for some special events and when I have near me my friends who already know about my problem and can help me if this happens (but usually - it happens). I'm really upset because of this and the pain is really bad. If I got to the point to search on the internet because of it then it is something really frustrating so every single person who wrote here their story I can feel for them and I can relate their pain.

As it happened to many other people (as I can see here on this forum) I didn't get any answers or diagnose from doctors. At first I thought that it could be some kidney stones or something like that, well it isn't and I'm totally clueless what is causing this. I join your community for searching an answer to "alcohol causing back pain."