Bartholin gland

James Leftie

Hello everyone. Not so long ago I had a painful lump that was immediately eliminated. My doctor said that this was connected with my Bartholin gland abscess. After this I was treated with different kind of antibiotics like Levaquin or something like that. This helped me very much with my cyst and I started to think that it passed. But recently I felt a very strong pain on my belly. Is not on the same place where my cyst was but when I felt it I started to think that is about my cyst. Today when I dressed up I noticed this lump again. It’s no so big like it was but is quite visible, I even had trouble to find it but I’m very worried that it turned back. I’m afraid that this will get larger and larger. I don’t want to have again an abscess.  I’m afraid of infection. Is this possible? I mean that if the cyst is back is possible to have an infection again? I often had diarrhea but it’s a normal thing to me and I’m worried that some misuse could provoke a new infection and new problems. I really don’t want to pass over this pain again. I will like to know if somebody had the same problems that I had with cyst or maybe with Bartholdi gland abscess. Please help, this is very important to me.

Arame

I know EXACTLY what are you talking about! Exactly as you I had a BC and I had it treated... In the beginning was very perplexed what it was, I even heard of it first time when I was already having it. Honestly, I was very scared, I thought that it could be something that will be never treated. However, my mother took care of me, when she saw that my situation is getting worse and worse in the last two days when it was getting very bad. It was horrible: I couldn't sleep and I needed tons of ibuprofen so I could tolerate a little bit that pain. It was one of the worst experiences ever in my life. I ended up in the ER where I had it drained. I had a word catheter put it. Some weeks after that it fell out and I was feeling back to normal. However, of my big surprise the cyst is back now!!! That is why the answer to your question is “yes”, indeed it is possible and I have right now! Currently it is small in size, much smaller than it was the previous time, however I am afraid that it’s gonna grow back again and it is going to give me that horrible pains again. Right now it doesn’t hurt me, it gives me a little discomfort only, but I doubt that it’s going to remain like that

I’m now trying to do something about it so I can stop it from growing and not going to a doctor again. So here is what I do and my recommendations for you if you still have it:

Take sitz baths at least twice a day. Try tea tree oil (I didn’t tried it yet but these days I’m gonna buy and start drinking it right away). Other things I’ve heard that should work is some vitamin B3 and L-lysine, tomorrow I’m gonna start taking them as I bought them only today. You can also try colloidal silver, organic apple cider and very much of vitamin c… Soon I’m gonna try all of them as I really wanna get rid of BC. Perhaps you already know that when you are in pain you are up to try anything just to make it stop... and that’s true because I really hope that at least one of them will work and will stop it from getting bigger and from getting bigger pains. I’m sincerely very afraid that the pains are gonna start back. If you try any of them then let me know how it goes for you and soon I’m gonna report too how it works for me. Good luck and I trust me that I feel your pain.

VictoryA

I have this bartholin gland too for about 3 months and I’m getting very annoyed and frustrated! I thought that this weird thing would go away but it doesn’t. Now I see that it never will. Few times it seemed that it’s getting smaller and it is about to go away but each time it comes back so I need to do something because this can’t continue like that forever. I’m thankful that at least it’s not painful or uncomfortable but it’s annoying having it. It is about the size of a grape. Is there someone who got rid of it? I read that there is no cure for this problem and I hardly believe it! How is this possible? I’m concerned! What if it’s going to turn to an abscess? It’s going to be painful and this would become a REAL problem! Is there a way of keeping it from turning into an abscess? Somebody knows something? I need to know everything because I’ve read many stories where people said that they had surgeries but this cyst appeared again and again. I don’t understand how people can find cures for worse disease but they cannot find for this one. I guess the only logical explanation is that some certain women has it genetically and that’s why they reoccur and that’s why it’s hard to find a cure. I guess so. I don’t know why nobody can help us but I’ve read stories where women said that these cysts can be extremely painful and this scares me even more. What do I have to expect now? Please help!

Sienna

I am also having BC and I know what you are talking about. I had my gland removed a little more than 3 years ago so after that the doctors drained it many times. Moreover, before the docs removed my gland completely I had reoccur about nine or ten times. The strange thing is that I found out a couple of days ago that I have another one. This feels so bad… I thought that my bad days are over, it seems that it’s not. Initially, I didn’t had any pains and then they slowly slowly started to appear. They were so small at first that I was thinking it was a in grown hair. I hoped that it would be so. However, now I know that this is a BC and here is what I can tell ya’: it hurts like nothing before and it is sooo huge! Unfortunately, I have no insurance currently and I have no idea what should I do now. could someone help me and tell me what to do with no insurance?

Melina

hey there people, can you help me a little with your knowledge. I see that you’re more experienced so I guess that maybe with your help I would understand it all better. so I have got a BC very soon after I have had an anal fissure surgery. I have taken Cipro for and it did shrank a little, however, it did not disappeared completely and it scares me a little. The truth is that I am now having a lot of stress. Trust me, when I say a lot, I mean a lot of stress which is caused by my work, personal life etc etc etc. my doctor said that the stress has caused the fissure, I’m not sure if this is true but if my doctor said so then there’s no reason for me not to believe him. Anyway, can you please tell me if there are some relations between the BC and my big stress? Maybe there is something else that I should be paying attention to? I know very well that I should be lowering my stress level but this is hard, that is why I am asking if there is something else that might be responsible for this or it is also stress?