Bile Leak

Coode

Hello my dear friends, my story it’s a little bit strange but I really need your help and support, so please, if there is somebody who can help then please write here or PM me. First of all I would like to start my story with the fact that the last weeks I have had the laparoscopic cholecystectomy and I never thought that it will be so difficult for me to pass over this and to recover from it. During the week right after the operation I felt very good, I was so happy that the operation passed okay and that I don’t have any bad symptoms anymore, I was quite sure that I’m going to feel very good because I was so healthy and I seemed like I didn’t had any intervention, I was perfectly fine. However, after one week, yesterday, I suddenly started to feel bad and that’s why I don’t know how to react now, I guess it’s because it was so quick and so unexpected.. do I have to wait until I’ll discover the real situation, to see if maybe this is something else and maybe that it’s not liked with the operation or I have to speak with my doctor as soon as possible? I really don’t know what should I do know the first thing that I felt was the terrible abdominal pain, it’s a little bit similar to gas attacks when you have eaten something wrong and you have the terrible gas pain, but the pain is even worse- I’m very worried.. most of the time I feel this pain in my upper left area but I can’t say that it’s just in that place .. I feel it all over my abdomen. My story is strange because I consider that a person should know about the problem that he/she has before the operation at least with one month or maybe from the first day that he/she observed something wrong and passed the tests. This is not my case, I found out about my problem 4 days before the operation and I was so scared, I think the main reason is because I wasn’t prepared. The first time I did a test my doctor said that there is nothing to worry about and he didn’t diagnosed me with the leak bile, that was very strange for me, because I felt bad every day and he couldn’t explain what it’s going on with me! When the situation was on fire and I couldn’t stay home anymore I got interned at the hospital and I spent 3 days there before I found out what the hell this really was.

So now, after I received my right intervention and now that I’m home I would like to find out what is going one with me.. I’m so scared, really, after this situation with diagnostics happened to me I started to be skeptic, because I’m not sure that the doctor that was by my side all this time it’s a good one and I start thinking about getting another opinion. First thing that I started to think yesterday is that he did something wrong during the operation, like for example he forgot an instrument inside of me or something like that.. I know that it’s quite impossible but I have heard so many similar situations that we can’t even be sure that you don’t have the same situation. So scared and don’t know what to do. I do understand that I might be paranoid but I the whole thing scares me so I would like to speak with an doctor but I’m not sure that the one that “helped” me it’s a good one. What do I have to do now? should I call my doctor or I need to get another opinion?

anaesa

Hello there, I have had the same thing so I’m nearly sure that you don’t need to worry.. I mean you have to worry, you always have when something is wrong and you have any kind of pains, but not so much. First of all I would like to underline that I have noticed that all the doctors have some problems while they have to find out about the bile problems… strange, I know but for some unknown reasons for me, it’s like this. I don’t know what’s the problem and why they can’t find out about this from the first tests but during my life I have seen and heard so many similar situations. The second thing that I would like to add is that I felt bad and I have had the same thing that you described up there, don’t ask me why because I don’t found the answer the only thing that you have to know is that I felt all the things that you described during a month and after one month everything started to change. I hate these feelings but after some weeks you start to get used with what you feel and you don’t pay so much attention. I didn’t contacted my doctor because I was very angry with him, besides the late diagnosis he did a terrible operation and generally everything that was connected with my disease and my problems were because of him. Now I feel ok, since that day passed more than 3 years and I’m very happy that everything it’s over. I would like to suggest you something but you told that your doctor was awful and I don’t think that it will be a good idea to call him, if you would have had another doctor that can help you it will be a great idea so a second opinion might be an option for you.