Criticizing vegetarians

Garofalo

I would like to know why people criticize vegetarians. I can’t understand this. Every time a vegetarian decide to do something or to eat or not to eat something they are criticized. WHY? I’m a vegetarian and I’m very happy with it, but I have heard during my life thousands of critics form those who eat meat and I don’t understand why. I always thought that we have to be respected by other people as much as other people are. It’s hard to understand and to learn and to reach the point in which somebody quit to eat meat. There are few people that do this, since they are little the biggest part of us switched from meat to veggies in order to clean the body from toxins and also in order to show the respect for animals. I don’t want to explain all the factors that made us stop eating the meat because I understand that all people are different and everybody decide to do what is better for them. I just want to say that I don’t criticize those who eat meat because it’s their own decision, then why those who eat meat criticize us?

kristen33

I think that the biggest part of those who do this is because they are afraid to change something. Generally speaking people who introduce something innovative or do something that other didn’t they are often criticized. When somebody does something that is not regular, people think that this is a challenge or that this is abnormal. You can also think about other examples not just vegetarians but for example gay couples. It’s hard to accept something that is not usual. Those who eat meat I think that don’t take in consideration the fact that the animal have a soul and can feel something, they consider that animal are just food and that’s all.

Enter

Hey, I’m really sorry that you’re criticized but I don’t agree with the fact that vegetarians don’t criticize other people. I’m not a vegetarian, I love eggs and white meat ad I don’t criticize other choices. In fact it’s a little bit uncomfortable when some vegans or vegetarians come to me and start to explain why the things that I eat are unhealthy for my health and so on and so on. I have had a similar situation some time ago in one restaurant when 2 girls started to explain me what was the sausage made of and they wanted to show me some video of animals when they are killed and transformed into meat. Honestly, it was awful because I was eating. I respect animals but I have another opinions about this. I know many things about vegetarians and I agree with some of your thoughts. I don’t criticize you but you have to respect some other’s people choices too and I’m not talking with you directly but with everybody regardless you’re a vegetarian or no.