cystic fibrosis at 3…

JJJohn

I’m very worried about my daughter. She was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when she was just 3 years old, and I understood that since that day she will have many problems and that there will always be something wrong with her immune system. Now she is 11 years old and I see that it’s pretty hard for her, all the therapies and drugs that she uses is a very hard thing to her. I would like to find out more opinions and if there are other mom’s or dad’s that have passed over same things with their kids. I would like to hear even teenage stories and suggestions, how to help or to support my daughter. Thank you very much, I will appreciate everything!

LOLA

My son have been diagnosed with this when he was just 2 years old. So I understand your feelings very well and I know what are you talking about. So this is hard, now my boy is 15 years old and this part of his life like therapies and procedures are becoming something usual. When he was diagnosed he have had some strange symptoms if I remember well it was called allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis  when doctor did other examinations in order to clarify the situation he explained that he has some growth failures, so called malabsorbtion and because of this he have had many deficiencies, like deficiency of vitamin D. I think that you know that when you have some vitamin D problems then you know for sure that you can have some bones problems, in reality my boy have had very brittle bones. During these  years he has broke his legs, arms, fingers and many other bones because his body couldn’t accumulate the right dose of vitamin D. He has had many problems with his teeth’s because of vitamin D too. So now that he is 15 years old, and after so many years I can say that I created my own conclusion about all of these.  First of all this is a disease that creates many problems. I’m so sorry for my boy, because he felt bad all these years. He felt weak all the time and he gets sick quickly. What can I say, of course there are many differences from the first day that he was diagnosed and now, he felt better and seems like he started a normal life, but we are always taking care about his health and regularly we talk with our doctor, we do different exams in order to be sure about the fact that he feels okay and I’m trying to make his health situation to stay the same as it is now.