Do I have cold sores or some strange pimples???

LayL

Hello, I have a pretty strange question for y’all… I’ll try my best to explain what my problem exactly is and maybe some of you had or has a similar thing and can help me telling me what is it. So, in the last half a year or maybe 7 months I have experienced a VERY strange (at least for me) case of cold sores or acne… maybe they could be even something else but I don’t know… I’m telling this because it doesn’t seem like being acne on my face except for that rare pimple I have but it’s healing quickly. It is more noticeable when I’m having a new spot on my face. The strange and unknown for me sores that appears on my face have initially appeared to be some kind of tiny pimples filled up with pus. There are not so many of them so I could number them: they are 10 and they didn’t appeared all together but sparsely and all on my face. No, they didn’t stayed there for entire 6-7 months, they healed up but it took a while, however, prior to heal the have left on my face slightly seen scars. However, the problem is that they are coming back on a regular basis and they are appearing exactly in the previous time spot of my face. They are not appearing all together at once but they keep appearing again and again and this process repeats constantly. When they are just appearing they are red and a little bit pronounced and when I squeeze them a small amount of pus is coming out of there. After a while these tiny sores are drying up but they need more time than usual pimples to heal up.

Here’s another thing: before I ever got these things I was having cold sores pretty frequently on the corners of my mouth but I haven’t got any of them for these 6 or 7 months I have the “new” sores and it seems pretty strange to me. Unusual. And I doubt that this is just a coincidence. I have also noticed that these “new” sores are healed up pretty fast when I use zovirax cream and this means that they are also cold sores but I’m not sure about this. I just wanted to know: what the heck are these things and what does it mean that I have them? I would also like to know how to make so they won’t ever appear again? if someone would answer my question that would be really awesome! Thanks.

MatthewsM

I’m having the same kind of thing on my face for few months and this makes me angry! Whenever I have a clear area another area is “unhealthy”. Since I started to have them I’m not sure that I ever was clear. When I was a young woman I’ve never had such things as pimples but now I should be more worried that wrinkles can appear, but instead of them these strange sores appear and this scares me. Usually, it appears one of them, sometimes appears two of them but they look horrible. They’re larger than a pimple and as you mentioned they’re taking a noticeable longer time to heal. As you also said, they are red and when one of them appeared on my forehead it was gross… whenever I try to clear it up it bleeds very much, it even bleeds when I take the dead skin. It bleeds for a long time and a scar remains there. That is why, after few attempts I understood that it would be better not to touch them. I’ve noticed that touching them it only makes it all even worse than it was before. All this is craziness. Doubtless I’ve went to 3 different dermatologists right after I’ve noticed that something isn’t right. I’m sure that something isn’t right but it seems that all of them just want to get me out of their office sooner. Two of them put me on several antibiotics but they were for no avail. The other one left did nothing, he only said that I’m self inflicting. All this pisses me off because now I have to stay with these things on my face and there’s no doctor that really wants to help me and with no diagnose. If you find out something then please share your results with me because this is very important. I’m gonna do the same thing.

DeRose

What a familiar scene. I’m having the exact thing on my face and it’s really awful having them. My strange pimple turned into some kind of large sores and now they are around 3 or 4 mm in diameter. I think that’s because I’m picking them up very much because I’m very determined to make them disappear. However, it seems that I’m only doing everything even worse. Mine also contain those strange clusters and for me they look like plugs or something with tiny and white heads. I’m constantly trying to squeeze them (as I said) but it seems pretty hard even though I’m trying pretty hard. Whenever I succeed bloods comes from around these things so I guess that’s why they’re becoming larger each time. Few years ago I have had planters wart on my foot which are little things that look alike pimples and they are located in clusters. They have had really really deep roots, much deeper than usual and they are didn’t seemed to go away. I have a feeling that now I’m having the same thing but I’m not sure about that. When I had those things I went to a dermatologist and he explained everything so in few weeks they were completely gone but now you’ve said that dermatologists don’t know what to do so I’m afraid that I’ll get the same response. Anyway I will go and see a dermatologist but I hope that I’ll have some good news.