Feeling of shaking bed at night

cupidisdead

My wife has this strange sleep disorder, she said that it is about a year ago when she first felt the bed shaking. I understood something is strange in one night, also about a year ago, when she started screaming (she thought that is earthquake). we didn't pay attention to it, but it started once again and want to get rid of it. she says that this unpleasant sensation she has few days in a row, then they stop for some weeks and start all over. I know for sure she doesn't feel earthquake's since I'm with her in those moments when she says that our bed is shaking. I even visited a site for earthquakes information to be sure. (I thought maybe she's super sensitive and I could not feel it). we don't know why she's feeling it - never had any head surgery or head damage, fully healthy and no disease in family history. of course she isn't consuming any alcoholic drinks, drugs or other toxic substances like cigarette or something like that. she describes that this feeling occurs when she is relaxed and almost asleep for about 2 minutes. she affirm that she's completely awake during this feeling. maybe someone else is experiencing this? can I help her or is there something we can do about it?

PandaPanda

Hello, recently I've started have the same strange phenomenon as your wife, I sympathise and fully understand her and this "unpleasant sensation".

Exactly as your wife, when this first occurred I thought it's earthquake because I was fully awake when this shaking started. I lifted up just my upper body (I didn't stood up from bed) to see what is going on and quickly fell asleep after it stopped (I wasn't so scared because earthquake is a natural phenomenon which of course I've heard of and I'm not afraid of it - I'm in San Francisco).

The second day, as all normal people, I started asking everyone if they felt those earthquake tremors, when I got more than ten negative responses I understood that something is wrong and I've done a research on the internet about earthquakes in San Francisco and found out that no one occurred that day. I live along so no one could confirm that the bed was shaking, so I decided that something happened only in the building where I live and this way I passed thru this. As your wife, I know for sure that I was not dreaming, I am a healthy person without hallucinations and I don't drink or smoke.

The same as her - no head surgery or family disease but I constatly feel or think (I don't know yet) that my bed is shaking. I don't know what to do to make it stop or what is responsible for this. I start being really scared about this and thinking about ghosts and evil. I am thinking about talking to a psychologist, but maybe I really need a priest? I really hope it's just a medical condition - hormones or something like that.

If you guys find some information about how this can be stopped or what causes it, please let me know immediately. Any info can be helpful!

MeRcUrY

Well, for the first time it happened about 2-3 years ago and since then I am experience a similar situation to what you guys describe there. The shaking is not rushing or very intense, it feels like a train is passing thru my house, actually I felt it everywhere, in different houses where I slept. It's not very rushing but it's annoying and scary at the same time. As you, I know that when this is happening I am fully awake, I even can stop it - but only when I stand up from the bed it stops. The strange thing is that it affects only the end of my bed, only the lower region - never felt it affecting my chest and above - arms or head. I tried grabbing my legs and standing perfectly still but zero effects, I looked at them carefully to see maybe my legs are shaking, I thought maybe I have a nerve problem. It's very disturbing that I have to sleep through it every night and of course it's preventing me from sleeping for entire hours. I've searched the internet information about it and as you said panda, some kind of paranormal activity which I think is bullshit, I think if is so I would be dead already. Some one has any ideas what this could be? or I would be much more thankful if someone has any ideas how to stop it! I'm sick of it! Thank and have a great day

Laregrell

I found your post while looking for answers in the internet why my bed is shaking and this is incredible! I cannot believe than I'm not the only who is experiencing this. I described it as someone standing at the end of my bed and shaking it unstoppable but everyone to whom I talked about it looked at me strange and could not understant what I'm talking abou. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has it because now I know I'm not completely crazy! As all of you, I know that I'm awake!!! I'm NOT sleeping when I have it 100%!! and I have it EVERY night! It scares me so fu**ing much!! mercury, i don't know completely your story but in my situation I'm aware that it CAN be paranormal activity and more specific: ghosts!!! And I'm not fu**ing joking! I've heard strange sounds and whistling in my house even if I live alone!!!! I don't do drugs and I never tried them! To make it stop I pray! Everytime I have it, I start praying and the shaking is stopping, but it continues coming and coming every night but I want to get rid of it definitely so bad!!! I guess I need to go to church more and everything these spirits will leave me alone...

sssss

hi all your posts are approximately the same or at least very and very similar to what happened to me few times, thse vibrations or shaking bed at night started some months ago and i still have it, i thought it is going to stop that is my mind because of the stress or hard day i had but i seem to have it even if i was resting all day long, now that ive searched about it i see that it is not just me having this paranormal experience, sincerly i don't know what to think whether its just on our mind, or we really have a health problem or its a ghost or church phenomenom, its very strange, now im wondering if the occurence is increasing or not because i dont really have it every night, what is going on and does anybody have an answe? thanks all of you for your posts

Alexandeeer

well this is it... i couldn't understand what was going on last night and to be honest i can't understand still now. i just read your posts and i'm shocked how many people experienced what i had yesterday night! well, i was asleep and was woken up by this feeling of shaking bad, where do i know that i wasn't sleeping and dreaming? because when i woke up by it i was TRULY shocked! i was even scared that something is going on! earthquake or even these "bad things" like spirits or i don't know. when the shaking occurred i was scared so i was FULLY awaken within few seconds or maximum a minute until i understood that something is going on. i looked at random things in our house to check if its earthquake, everything was staying still. i looked at my wife who was sleeping next to me but she was sleeping further without feeling anything. after this i couldn't sleep more than an hour. today i asked her if she felt something shaking, she just looked at me and said that i shouldn't stay in frot of computer so much time. i know for sure that computers has nothing to do with what i felt and your posts are the proof to what i'm saying. today i also asked people in my city to find out whether an earthquake occurred, negative responses and those who live in Maryland can relate. to be honest i'm still shocked and as everyone here i have no clue either what that could be