Feeling worse on Tamiflu than without it

CHUkue

Hi there everyone… I have some questions in regards to this Tamiflu because as you can see, this stuff makes me feel worse by taking it than not taking it. it just makes me sick, very sick :(

In fact, of course I can’t be sure either I would be better off without it or not, but that’s what I am thinking about it and I wanted to ask you if anybody here has ever had anything similar to this? have any of you ever taken Tamiflu and thought that you would be better if you wouldn’t have taken it?

I’ve discussed with the doctors about it and they have told me that this stuff is only affecting like 10% of its takers… either they lied either I am in those 10% but to be honest, I doubt that I’m on those 10% and most likely those doctors are all liars… the reason why I think this way is that nearly everybody hat I know who has taken this stuff has thrown up after like 48 hours or so of being on this ‘super’ drug.

I would like to get off it because I am feeling worse now that I am on it than I ever did before using it. to be honest, I personally am thinking that they are way too quick to put a diagnose and that’s why they most likely made a mistake and now I have to pay for their mistake by feeling all like this… I feel horrible. I would much more rather have got through those symptoms that I have used to have by using paracetamol and by drinking a lot of water, rather than to take this stuff anymore and feel like this… I have been extremely sick the last night, I guess that was the worst night I ever went through.

So please, could you tell me people… what do you think about Tamiflu, is there someone who has ever taken Tamiflu? How did you felt? Has anyone else had anything similar to this? I have been on this stuff for the last few days now and I am still having 4 more tablets left to use now but to be honest I don’t really want to… what do you think about it?? do you think that it should start easing off? what can you say about Tamiflu in general? I have been feeling pretty sick the last few days, and I have been sick approximately 3 – 4 times just the last night. But I am afraid of what awaits me these next days/ nights. I really hope a lot, of course, that all the worst is in the past, but you never know… do you people have any advices/ recommendations for me? please???????

Yeah, I do know that Tamiflu can make you feel worse and worse… I do know this because I’m pretty much like you, after taking it I started to feel worse than how I felt before using it, it made me feel worse because it gave me headaches and generally it made me feel really sick. I have then stopped to use it after like 3 days of using it and you know… I have recovered faster. Or at least I didn’t had all of those horrible symptoms that Tamiflu made me have and the recover went much more better for me. you are right that it can make you feel worse than before taking it and I would address this problem to your doctor. Indeed, there are people who cannot tolerate Tamiflu and it seems that you and me are among those. Good luck

Well, I am not sure if you have been said this but Tamiflu is way much better if it’s taken with food. I am not sure what do you feel and what do you do etc. but I do think that it is worth a try to take it with food in the time that you are eating and by doing so, you have pretty good chances that you are going to feel aright… I mean, by doing so you are not going to have that side effect. I know because there’s a friend of mine who also complained on Tamiflu’s side effects and then he started to take it with food in the time he ate and he then said that he doesn’t have the side effects. give it a try. Good luck!

Ashwood

Tamiflu is going to make you feel sick in case you are not having h1n1 and the fact that it does make you feel sick and assumingly you really don’t have h1n1 then it is no wonders that it makes you feel that way. there is no sure way of telling if you do have swine flu that’s unless you are having a blood test… it could be only just a normal flu or something, but sure thing is that in case Tamiflu is making you feel worse then you need to stop taking it and (OR AT LEAST) address this problem to the doctors.. medications are meant to make you feel better, what’s the point of taking something that makes you feel worse? sometimes they can be just so so stupid!

CandyGirl

I am not an expert on this and definitely can’t say what you should do, however from as much as I have heard, this is believed to be a common side effect of the Tamiflu… I’m sorry but I don’t actually have any good news on this score… truth is that I liked the recommendation that was said earlier by someone else to take it with food. This might not actually make you completely avoid side effects as it was said by that person, but I do think that it could make them at least a bit less severe. Good luck

aNNaJa

Oh well… I am having swine flu right now and there’s my doctor who has told me that the Tamiflu does not actually help… from as much as he has told me the Tamiflu all that it does it is to reduce the flu by 1 day and there’s absolutely no point or reason to keep on using it as long as it makes you sick or you feel that you’re doing worse with it than without it. if you’re asking for my honest opinion I tell you that IMO, the best thing you can do is to give a phone call to your doctor and to talk with them about this because they are going to know the best what you need to do. I wish you good luck and hopefully you’re going to come back here with good news and updates. Taking any medication and feeling sick is the first sign that you need to call the doctor ASAP.

Georgia St

You know… I think that you simply shouldn’t take it anymore… I’m not a doctor and I would listen to my doctor, but in case you are feeling worse then just do not use it anymore and the problem seems to be fixed. In fact, I think that in case you are a fit and a healthy person then those docs shouldn’t have given you the drugs to start with, that’s unless it is a really bad situation in which they assume you can’t deal with the illness alone without drugs. But since you said that you were feeling BETTER without the drug then I doubt you were feeling SO BAD… tho I might be wrong.

Laurapaul

hi people. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and I have been exposed to somebody who may or may NOT have had the H1N1… the doctors here in this small town my nephew lives in are honestly some big quacks and I do understand they are currently designating kids with the H1N1 in case they are having any symptoms of any type of flu, however due to the fact that they are feeling it is not ‘flu season’ it just couldn’t possibly be the normal flu… and uh… is there somebody who has told the flu it wasn’t it’s turn or something??

You know… all of the symptoms that he had have NOT been consistent with what they are telling you to look out for with this H1N1 flu, however they are treating him so so SO LOW!!! As such nonetheless or something! And you know… in my case, due to the fact that I am being pregnant, my OB has wanted to put me on this Tamiflu as a preventative thing, and that’s in the time I am having absolutely NO symptoms to date to be suspecting the H1N1 or absolutely any other type of flu out there… I have been very hesitant to take it, that’s because I knew that I shouldn’t be taking absolutely any drugs that I don’t actually need… but in the end the doctor convinced me to do so anyway… saying that it might have a lot of benefits and so on and so forth. anyway… I took it, and literally within the next 30 to 45 minutes after using it, my otherwise normal morning sickness puking has started to become an completely uncontrollable to such a point that it became ridiculous bout of vomiting. I mean… I was having morning sickness due to pregnancy but it was at a completely NORMAL level and that’s until I have taken Tamiflu which has made it all HORRIBLE!

After I have got it COMPLETELY out of my system, having a short nap and eating a little bit of soup, I have started to feel 100% me again, to feel absolutely normal. There is no doubt that this Tamiflu has made me feel that way, made me feel so so bad. I have taken the decision, needless to mention why, to stop using the Tamiflu completely and I haven’t taken it anymore and guess what? I have been feeling fine ever since. the conclusion is that I perfectly understand you OP and indeed Tamiflu can make you feel really really sick. Stop using it (as I did) and you’re going to feel fine again. I can say with certitude that I absolutely do NOT recommend to use it in absolutely any way in attempt of avoiding getting the H1N1 at all.. it can make you feel even worse! and most likely it will.

Laurapaul

hi people. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and I have been exposed to somebody who may or may NOT have had the H1N1… the doctors here in this small town my nephew lives in are honestly some big quacks and I do understand they are currently designating kids with the H1N1 in case they are having any symptoms of any type of flu, however due to the fact that they are feeling it is not ‘flu season’ it just couldn’t possibly be the normal flu… and uh… is there somebody who has told the flu it wasn’t it’s turn or something??

You know… all of the symptoms that he had have NOT been consistent with what they are telling you to look out for with this H1N1 flu, however they are treating him so so SO LOW!!! As such nonetheless or something! And you know… in my case, due to the fact that I am being pregnant, my OB has wanted to put me on this Tamiflu as a preventative thing, and that’s in the time I am having absolutely NO symptoms to date to be suspecting the H1N1 or absolutely any other type of flu out there… I have been very hesitant to take it, that’s because I knew that I shouldn’t be taking absolutely any drugs that I don’t actually need… but in the end the doctor convinced me to do so anyway… saying that it might have a lot of benefits and so on and so forth. anyway… I took it, and literally within the next 30 to 45 minutes after using it, my otherwise normal morning sickness puking has started to become an completely uncontrollable to such a point that it became ridiculous bout of vomiting. I mean… I was having morning sickness due to pregnancy but it was at a completely NORMAL level and that’s until I have taken Tamiflu which has made it all HORRIBLE!

After I have got it COMPLETELY out of my system, having a short nap and eating a little bit of soup, I have started to feel 100% me again, to feel absolutely normal. There is no doubt that this Tamiflu has made me feel that way, made me feel so so bad. I have taken the decision, needless to mention why, to stop using the Tamiflu completely and I haven’t taken it anymore and guess what? I have been feeling fine ever since. the conclusion is that I perfectly understand you OP and indeed Tamiflu can make you feel really really sick. Stop using it (as I did) and you’re going to feel fine again. I can say with certitude that I absolutely do NOT recommend to use it in absolutely any way in attempt of avoiding getting the H1N1 at all.. it can make you feel even worse! and most likely it will.

NoOome

I am also having swine flu, unfortunately, and I am using Tamiflu as well, but I am eating a lot before I am using the pill and I am also drinking a lot of water as well as Gatorade taking baths and I am sleeping a lot too in attempt to make it all easier. And you know, I have went from feeling extremely ill (near death ill, that’s how bad I was feeling – thinking that I am going to die)  to the point that I am feeling like I am having a simple cold. Tamiflu can be really really helpful if taken properly and if taken for proper condition, as much as you can see… however you should not use Tamiflu unless you are being positive on the swine flu and you have it. I can guess that it can do more harm than give benefits by taking if you’re not having swine flu, but it can help you greatly by taking it if you do have it. its condition has its proper medications.