Halo to remove hemorrhoids

HaNNaH

I have had big problems with hemorrhoids during a long period of time, I have tried to use different types of drugs and creams and sometimes some of them helped me to pass over easing the sufferings but other times there were some drugs that were doing nothings that was helping me. I was so disappointed because when I found out for the first time that I have hemorrhoids I didn’t complained about this because I was thinking that after some weeks I’ll be okay and that it is going to pass away very soon. It wasn’t like this.. I’m not sure how many times it passed but I’m quite sure that more than 1 year ago. It’s complicated.. and I still can’t explain what could happen, what could provoke hemorrhoids to appear. Not so long ago after long months of research I have found that I can have a HALO, this is an operation that is helping patients to eliminate the hemorrhoids they are suffering from completely. I think that I waited for too long till I decided to do this operation. So the operation as I said is called Hemorrhoids arterial ligation (HALO). I can’t describe how it actually works, I know that it’s better than using surgery and HALO doesn’t require general anesthetic. Ok, some of you can say that it’s actually different and that some clinics use anesthetic and I know that you’re right because I have heard that in UK it’s something obligatory.

I don’t want to use anesthetics and I think that actually this is the worst part ever. I just imagined from the beginning that after the operation I’ll have more problems to recover after the anesthetic and not because of the operation itself and that’s why I don’t want to do this. I have a lot of friend who told me that they have had big problems with anesthetic after their operations; they told me that they were knocked out after the anesthetic for 2 days and after this felt bad for some weeks. I decided that it will be better to avoid such a thing, especially because HALO can be done without anesthetic. for those who are interested even if you don’t use anesthetic there is no pain induced and I haven’t felt any irregular pains.

Anyway I’m here because I would like to ask other people who tried to do the same operation (HALO) if they have ever had some problems after this, I’m trying to find out as much as I can because I’m not 100% sure if this operation can totally eliminate my hemorrhoids and I would like to be sure about this, besides, I don’t know what negative effects it can have.

peaceful

I recovered very bad after the HALO surgery. I don’t know why and I was quite sure that after the surgery I’ll start to feel better. But I’m quite sure that this operation provoked me a strange diarrhea I have never had this before and it’s something that started immediately after the surgery which is why I think that the surgery itself caused it. Besides the strange diarrhea I started to develop a strange anal pain, I tried to explain all of this to y doctor and I asked him to examine me but he told me that it’s not necessary and that I have nothing wrong down there so I just need to relax. Yesterday morning I woke up with a strange nausea, and of course it could be linked with something else but for me it’s really strange that all of these symptoms started to appear immediately after this operation. I don’t know what to think, and the worst thing that can happen to me is to find out that the surgery doesn’t work. I’m not sure that my doctor is right about my situation but I really hope that it’s like this and that there really aren’t any problems.

Beinale

hey, I think that you’re right about your situation, I have the same thing. I started to have it the second day after the surgery, and I was so scared. First of all, besides the diarrhea that made me stay home and avoid going anywhere, I have had also strange blood eliminations from my anus. I also talked with my doctor and he only told me that maybe the thing that I experience now are due to the surgery but they should to pass away in a couple of days. I’m still waiting and I really hope that everything will be okay down there. I don’t experience any nausea, but I have intestine pain, and when I have some gases it’s really hard to expulse them which makes my pains to be even worse. I really doubt that this is just coincidence so the diarrhea and anus pains and eliminations is something that a lot of patients have after the surgery… I assume. But I just hope that it is alright and we would be fine soon. to OP: you can expect to have some problems… you won’t be so free of problems.

Malley

all your symptoms are nothing compared to what I have had. First of all I can clearly that that I think that I have had all the possible symptoms that I could have after the operation. First of all everything started with an insupportable nausea. This nausea continued to follow me every day during 5 or 6 times per day. The second thing was the diarrhea and strange pain in my ass, after this I found out that I have fiver and in addition I couldn’t eat anymore. I lost so much weight in one month and during these months full of pain my doctor could not help me and he wasn’t able to explain what happens to me. After some time, when I couldn’t resist this anymore I decided to ask my doctor to examine and to do some tests, after some tests they found out that during the intervention they didn’t eliminated totally the hemorrhoids and  that’s why my doctor told me that I have to eliminate it completely. It was really strange, and I understood that actually doctors are normal people that can do something wrong, and you have to worry about your health even if you’re quite sure that everything passed okay, just check your health and be sure that you’re okay and ask your doctor to check again if he’s sure that everything is fine.

HaNNaH

I didn’t expected so many negative comments. I don’t have any bad symptoms so far and I really hope that I’ll feel okay after the operation too. Now after I read all your comments I started to feel more worried about my health and I think that tomorrow I just will go to check my situation and I would also do it after the post-operation situation. Anyway I’m really glad that I have heard all this information, this way I’ll be ready  and I’ll know what to expect from my intervention. I really hope that there are people that felt okay after the operation because now I’m really scared and impressed about all your situations. Hope everything will be okay. Thanks again!